Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Tunning and maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 08:11 PM
windmanquebec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tunning and maintenance

I'm new at rc cars. Just bought an e-maxx brushless. I have a castle link. I'll be running 4S. what should I be tuning in the ESC. I head about reducing the punch...and may =be the brake also...what else and what numbers.

what maintenance should I do?
Any break in and/or maintenance for new truck after a few runs?

thanks
Old 12-14-2014, 09:36 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Castle link page is pretty self explanatory and has explanations and help built into the program. Set the "start power" to "Low". For "Punch" I forget the scale used, but it is explained in the program, I'd set it in the middle for now you can always raise it back up. For "Braking Power" I find I'm usually around 70-80%. But that's what my finger and particular truck like, if you find your flipping the truck under braking all the time set it lower.

DO NOT adjust motor timing! Or anything else you don't understand for that matter. Don't bother playing with the throttle or brake curves either, that'll only mess you up and they're fine as is for 90% of people. I recommend leaving the "Lipo Cell Count" set to "Auto Detect" and make sure the "Lipo Cutoff" is set to at least 3.2v per cell. Most go somewhere between 3.2v and 3.4v per cell.

There is no breakin for brushless motors or the truck. I strongly recommend reading the manual thoroughly. It details the operation, adjustment and maintenance of the truck very well. Maintenance is mostly cleaning the dirt off with a brush and/or compressed air if available.

Last edited by Maj_Overdrive; 12-14-2014 at 09:42 PM.