Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

I think I have blown My Tranny on first test I am new at this

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

I think I have blown My Tranny on first test I am new at this

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 04:06 AM
Uncle Wane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I have blown My Tranny on first test I am new at this

The first time I used my revo it has locked up. The engine revs but wont go. I have tightened the slipper clutch.. It pops loud if I try to push it and I saw black plastic pieces. I was not abusing this truck. Do you think they will replace it? I just bought it Thursday. Im in shock.
Old 07-18-2015, 04:32 AM
Uncle Wane

Could their be a rock in the drive line?
Old 07-18-2015, 04:33 AM
Uncle Wane

Do you think Traxxus will replace the truck since I only had it one day?
Old 07-18-2015, 03:24 PM
Tashco27

They will not replace it and with traxxas you have to send it back to them at your cost for shipping. I don't think your tranny is gone. You probably had the gears off line and you stripped one of them. It's an easy fix. Go to a hobby shop and they will take care of you. Once you buy a traxxas product it is yours. They will fix it if you send it to them but it will be cheaper to get it fixed at the hobby shop
Old 07-27-2015, 05:42 PM
RCJuice

Are you sure your shift servo/linkage are moving all the way? If it is not fully extending the shift arm then you can get stuck between gears, but unfortunately running like this can cause damage. Don't be scared to pop that thing apart, the gears are cheap and if your LHS stocks Traxxas stuff they'll likely have them in stock.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:44 AM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Sounds like there is something stuck in the gears. Try taking apart the whole transmission and cleaning it.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:21 AM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only gear that could make black plastic pieces is the spur gear, all others are white inside the trans. I know you said you tightened the slipper so you were looking right at the spur gear but are you sure it is ok? Double check the mesh of the spur with the clutch bell on the engine. There should be a tiny amount of play between the two otherwise they will make a bunch of noise when they should be pretty quiet.