Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

O.S. .21tm in Revo 3.3 Please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 06:40 PM
Sekan Tunon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry O.S. .21tm in Revo 3.3 Please help

Here is a little back story.
I put this engine in maybe three years ago. Ran 1/4 gallon through it before I ran another half gallon of a special break-in blend my LHS perscribed. The enging over heated to the point of melting 3 pull starts. Before i shut it down. When I started the engine up last month. I had to replace the slipper clutch, glow plug, and spur gear. I am running 33% in it now. And have been through 1/2 gallon of that so far. I running 16t clutch bell. And have used a 38t 40t and now a 36t spur. I can not remember which gear set i have installed. I have the center diff. And CV drive train.

I still can not get a good launch or great speed from this thing. My 3.3 honestly gave me more. I am afraid to lean out either needle too much as i learned they were lean from the begining and thats why it overheated before. I am getting lots of blue smoke. So i think i can lean out more. As it seems to be a bit too much smoke. I am ready to throw this thing out. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRICIATED. PLEASE HELP!