Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

MIP Axles: When to Clean & Lube?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 07:22 AM
imq707s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation MIP Axles: When to Clean & Lube?

I finally broke down a few weeks ago and bought a rear set of MIP X-Duty Steel Axles after the stock plastic ones came apart. Well, a few days ago one of my stock front axles came apart so I ordered a front set of MIP X-Duty axles for my Pede.

So, since I’m trying my Pede around with $100 worse of axles in it now…..I want to make sure they last for a long, long, long time. How do you know when it’s take to take them apart, clean them up, and relube them? Once every few months? Once a year? When they start making noise? These things are way too expensive to not take care of them…..I’m kind of kicking myself for dropping $100 on 4 axles, but I figured it was either that….or spend $10-$20 every month on the stock plastic replacement axles.

I wish Traxxas made the stock plastic ones stronger….I wouldn’t think they should get destroyed so easily on 2s.