Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

First post since 2009 (NEED ADVICE)

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 10:25 PM
360!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First post since 2009 (NEED ADVICE)

Hi everyone. This is going to be a long post. Just a warning

So I was bored today and decided to log back into RC universe after almost 10years being MIA ahaha.

I started in 96" with a tamiya super hornet, then a nitro tamiya around 2000 and realised I liked electric a lot more. Since then I got a tamiya lunchbox and a tt01. I never got into the brushless scene and hung the rc boots up around 09" because I was 15 years old and had no money to spend.

Now fast forward to 2017 and I'm married, with A family business and into many other hobbies such as Powerlifting, riding dirt bikes and occasional bmx street riding when I have the time....

Now this brings me to why I posted on the Traxxas monster truck subforum.

Ever since i can remeber i was into RC cars and a couple days ago a relative of mine came over with a small little letrax rc and it made me realise how much I miss this hobby.

after a lot of research I realised that I would like to purchase a Traxxas XMAXX 8s but it's super expensive, especially if you are starting from scratch!

now my question to you all is..... is purchasing a 2017 xmaxx rolling chassis with no wheels, motor and esc worth $940AUD

THE plan is to install a castle xlx 1/5th kit that includes a 800kv 2028 motor, xlx esc and motor cooling fan.

I want ant to run it on 8s and use it as my one and only rc. I will be bashing on road, dirt, sand, grass... jumps from local skate parks etc...... the goal is to have tyre shredding power on a huge scale rc that has way more power that can reasonably be handled.

Untimelty i I guess I'm trying to build my dream rc that I never had the chance to do when I was a kid.

Do you all think its wise to get back into the game with a 1/5th sale?

Is $940aud a fair price on a xmaxx with no wheels esc and motor

or Am I kidding myself with starting out again with something like a 1/5th and I'll be spending thousands just to start

please let me know and sorry for the HUGE POST... it's almost been 10 years ahahhaha
Old 08-21-2017, 04:15 PM
Sledder9

I know you posted a month ago but figured I would put in my two cents. I personally just got back into the hobby also. Although I went completely the opposite direction in terms of cost. I bought $140 1/10th scale monster truck, and I've been having a blast. Basically, nobody can tell you how to spend your own money besides your wife (haha). If it doesn't break the bank or put your family in poverty, I say go for it. But it's not my money. But seriously if/when I I have more disposable income, I will be seriously looking at an xmaxx or high end 1/8th Scale. You just can't get past the cool factor.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:25 PM
ponyXpress

I can't wait to see this new build 360! 1/5th scale is awesome. Post some pictures please!

I recently decided to restore my t-maxx .15 from 2000.