Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

3.3 Model Identification

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 10:39 AM
capdaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.3 Model Identification

Hello All.
New to RC nitro cars.
I recently picked up a 3.3 Tmaxx from craigslist. It didn't run when I bought it but a little TLC brought it to life.
I ran it for a 5 or 6 tanks of fuel and was trying to dial in the tune when I busted the rear drive shaft, from the transmission to the rear diff.

I am having problems determining the exact model I have. I notice the rear drive shaft is longer than the front. There is also a spot on the chassis for a reverse servo, but there is no servo there and there is no reverse input to the transmission.
I have tried to read up on the 3.3 variations and I assume I have an early model 3.3, but not the earliest.
Is there any way to determine the exact model # for what I have? I will try to post pics if that will help.
Are there any other signs that would lead to a model number diagnosis? Other than the reverse servo cutout, and the driveshaft lengths, I haven't been able to find telltale signs that will get me to a model number.
I took the truck to a local shop but I would prefer to know what I have so I can lead them to a correct replacement shaft. The part that they brought out had a shaft that looked to be the right length, but the holes for the U joint pins were much too large. They said Traxxas didn't sell an assembled shaft. I assume there have been changes in the parts associated with the 3.3 Tmaxx over the life of the vehicle.
Any help would be appreciated.

capdaddy
Old 10-27-2017, 06:15 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Post pictures. That will drastically help your questions getting answered.
Old 10-28-2017, 07:59 AM
capdaddy

cant post pics till i have 10 posts
Old 10-28-2017, 08:00 AM
capdaddy

I guess i will go and muck up other threads for a bit.
capdaddy

because posting is fun
capdaddy

and important