Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

looking for some info TMAXX

Old 08-25-2018, 04:23 PM
redwolf850

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for some info TMAXX

If I was to buy a trx 2.5, would the rotary carb from a trx .15 fit?? Or how would I go about getting a rotary carb that would work, without using the converting kit
Old 08-30-2018, 04:18 AM
controlliner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, the .15 side exhaust has a carb boss that is @10 MM. The 2.5cc (also a .15) has the carb boss at I believe is around 15MM. So the carb for the pro 15 will not fit the 2.5 rear exhaust.
Also, even if you could fit the smaller carb to the 2.5cc rear exhaust engine, the pro 15 carb bore is 5 mm (too small) and the engine although would get excellent fuel economy, it would perform like poo.

Last edited by controlliner; 08-30-2018 at 04:21 AM.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:25 AM
tcharger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A good quality rotary carb would cost you more than the conversion kit. That being said, if you still have your mind set on getting a rotary carb I can look and see which rotary carbs I have that would fit