Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Traxxas Forums a JOKE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 01:55 PM
flatlander_14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas Forums a JOKE!!!

yeah i agree

must be the hot asian girls that motivate them so they can stand on the winner's podium with them
Old 10-15-2003, 05:07 PM
Savage_Dias

I work with a guy that is Japanese. He's lived in several countries & is an engineer in Japan (they won't validate his degree outside Japan). He actually broke down which countries make the best electronics but that was over a year ago &I forgot how it went. I *THINK* he said the best electronics come out of a small area like Mongolia. It was a small country that I don't associate with electronics. He told us that if someone in Japan owns an electronic device that's made in Japan or China, they either got a really good deal (free) or they are getting ready to replace it.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:30 PM
frambo

Flatlander -
it took $1200+ and counting in upgrades and maintainance related cash to make the truck decent. i still need to buy new ti.
I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!! As does every other T-Maxx owner that actually beats on their truck.

I can't stand the Traxxas forum anymore. It has become nothing short of worthless.

RCU is doing a great job. Thanks for the great forum! It is seriously nice to be able to chat without worrying about getting your post deleted because you are not licking Traxxass's boots.

I like my T's but the way the do business is substandard. That's why I am getting ready to buy at least one (hopefully two or more) HPI trucks!
Old 10-16-2003, 12:31 AM
migueloo

well, taiwan has alot of technology, just that some things that they made are not as durable as what other countries make. My dad owns a factory and we buy machines from taiwan. they have a lot of technology, somehow they are not known too much for their technological stuff.
Old 10-16-2003, 01:22 AM
In2JeepN

OK so now I feel like I had better put in my 2 cents here...alot of statements I have read above are true, and a couple are not.

First of all - EVERYTHING is relative. Think about this. Hot water is hot when compared to cold water, but if you have even hotter water then the hot is not so hot anymore...right? Point being, I feel that the TMaxx is a pretty durable product...when compared to the Savage it is not so durable. I have both a TMaxx & a new Savage SS (kit form) and I can HONESTLY say that I have never, EVER broken my TMaxx while running at my local sand/dirt track. This is no organized track or anything, no walls etc, it's just a large track we have in a field. I have however, broken my Maxx many many times in the concrete jungle. Curbs, fences, trees, etc when hit with a reasonable high speed do damage some parts. I dont drive either of my trucks lightly. I dont beat on them as hard as some people do, but at the track we have 2 jumps that give 6-10 ft of air/15-25 feet horizontal depending on speed of course. What I am getting at is that durability depends on usage. Sand = happy TMaxx....Solid objects = unhappy TMaxx. My Savage seems like I can't break it no matter what I do to it, but it also costs slightly more than the Maxx. Overall I feel that the Savage is the truck of choice, winning in everything but fuel consumption (with the .25) and balance while in flight. My Maxx definitely has better balance in the air, but again that may depend on driving style.

Second point - I have nothing but positive comments about Traxxas as a COMPANY. ANY warranty issues were dealt with in short order, with no questions asked. Every email has been responded in a day or 2, and my parts that I have sent for warranty have come back in under 2 weeks (and that's from Canada to the US!) The moderators on the Traxxas forum are, IMO, too stuck up for their own good. I have no idea whether they work for Traxxas, or are just volunteer. I do find them rude and sometimes even obnoxious at times (with the exception of Misbehavin', who seems like a genuinely good guy). My annoyance with the moderators of a poorly run msg board will not however sway my opinion on a company which I have no qualms with. This is kind of like hating Fords because of the Firestone disaster of a couple of years ago....not that I like Ford to begin with but...

Anyways, to end an already too-long post I am creating here, I would like everyone to look back at post #11 by into101101. I believe he really hit the nail on the head with that one.

Hopefully I dont get my head ripped off by trying to defend or offend anyone here, and I am in NO way connected or related to Traxxas (just to clear THAT up!)

Cheers & happy bashin'

Thomas J
Old 10-16-2003, 02:24 PM
flatlander_14

bleh, bottom line, i want to sell my maxx and buy a new savage 25 rtr or something
Old 10-16-2003, 08:59 PM
migueloo

im trading mine for a paintball gun, a xxcr, and a bandit.
Old 10-19-2003, 09:52 PM
Monster Flip

evrything now seems to be made in taiwan anyways
Old 10-27-2003, 05:24 AM
The Boss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Traxxas'es worst nightmare come true... www.nitroextreme.com

The unofficial anti tmaxx site lol
Old 10-27-2003, 12:32 PM
Plum Crazy
My Feedback: (5)

I went to the Traxxas forums for a while and then stoped because the same problems as stated here. I think the bigger problem is the magazine's or really magazine if your a newbie or been out of the hobby for awhile that's the first place to go and if you dont have access to a computer then it's closer to your only place to go besides your local hobby shop that probably has his best interest at heart. I have had at one time access to the motocross side of the motorcycle industry and it's amazing what you can expect for your cooperation in writing for or producing magazines. There is only one RC magazine that is widely available in most markets and they are very pro Traxxas. I cant imagine how much of our dollars go to lunches and business trips not to mention trips to Disney World for you and yours if your connected with this magazine. This magazine that I'm hinting around at is useless for making a buying decision but it seems to be better than nothing and we can see the new products coming out. To me when I decided to get back into this it was magazine's first and then forums. And if Traxxis is buying good press then why think they would be fair on their home ground. Only for a magazine that was for the truth first and free products last.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:56 PM
i_see_dirt

I knew the traxxas forum had issues as soon as I heard that you have to have a paid-for email address. You can't have a free Google or Yahoo address to post there.

Way better responses on this board.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:36 PM
DaveG55

Good Lord, Why don't you see just how old of a post that you can dredge up. Darn thing's over three years old. As has been posted inumerable times, if you don't like tha board, don't go there. Why waste the band width complaining??
Old 11-24-2006, 11:50 AM
BRUSHLESS BASHER

I HATE you people who do not buy american cars or other things made in your own beautiful country. THOUSANDS of people are out of their jobs because Ford, GM, and Chrystler are losing buisness to these POS jap companies. Teenagers today have a really s@#$%& perception of what a fast car is. A fast car is a mustang or a corvette or a viper (I am excluding super cars like the Saleen S7 which will out handle and outperform any Ferrari or Lamborghini. look an the specs on the Saleen website) and I understand that these are probably out of their price range, but a bone stock, bottom of the line, no option Mustang will outhandle and outperform an POS jap car, not to mention the ten thousand dollars they spend on them to make them do above 60 mph, and with that you could upgrade to the 500 hp gt500 which has more power than any four cylinder could ever dream of, and the engine is capeable of much more power, again refer to the Saleen S7 which uses the same engine and gets 750 hp. The Ford V10 with nothing but a super charger will make 700+ hp, ford detunes them when they put them in their trucks because they will just burn rubber, I can do it in my Dad's F-350 long bed, four door, four wheel drive, lariat; which is more truck than any of those POS jap trucks.

If you couldn't tell I am 16 years old, I have been in this hobby since I was 11 years old, I have payed for it 100%, I dislike rap music, I like Fords, not that I dislike GM or Chrystler, I am a republican, I plan to go to college and join the military, to become an airline pilot and a designer of future cars.

Alot of people are gonna hate me for this post, and I know that this thread is 3 years old but I cant stand people who are willing sell out their fellow country-men to give some jap his 60 cents an hour.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:59 PM
DaveG55

Question, Which "Jap" company are you talking about?????
Traxxas products are based and I believe built outside of Dallas.
And before you start going off on people who own forign cars - many of which are now built in this country - you need to look around your own house and tell us what you see. Have you got a TV? What about an I-Pod or video game??
Before you start casting stones you should check to see if your own house is made of glass.

This post made a lot more sense before the mods deleted the bigoted post that was ahead of it
Old 11-25-2006, 04:13 AM
NITRO_VEEDRIVER
My Feedback: (4)

well i own 2 of traxxas products, i own the traxxas nitro vee and the traxxas nitro hawk. i love the 2 . although the vee is very easy to get parts and manuals for, the nitro hawk aint so easy.. i do however like the engine upgrade process.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:53 AM
nitrorcjunkie

The bottom line here is that the T-Maxx is the best selling RC vehicle EVER. A ratio of over 100:1 to all other RC vehicles produced.There's bound to be issues that arise from this level of production. Being in the hobby for over 20 years, I can say that 99.9% of all issues with the T-Maxx are from OPERATOR ERROR. You cannot go out and buy an RC, any RC, and fire it up and bash the heck out of it and expect it to perform flawlessly. Yes, I have a T-Maxx and yes, I have had issues with it that caused great frustration, making me feel like the vehicle itself is inferior, but after careful consideration it boils down to some stupid mistake on my part. As it stands right now, the only stock parts on my Maxx are the chassis plate,tranny case and the diff cases. Did I replace and upgrade everything else because of inferior or poorly engineered stock parts? No, because I broke it or pushed the trck beyond it's limits or expected something from it that was unrealistic ( 40 foot jumps over cars, etc.) Traxxas makes a great product, has excellent parts availability at my LHS and a customer support system that should be emulated by other rc manufacturers. And, since Traxxas owns the message board you are complaining about, they reserve the right to censor anything they wish. Freedom of speech, sadly, does not apply to private message boards.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:14 PM
ford f150

exactly
Old 11-25-2006, 01:35 PM
NitroSport22

yeah stick it to the man!
Old 11-25-2006, 01:37 PM
ford f150

yea[]
Old 11-26-2006, 12:34 PM
dude7422

this is so they can sell your ip address to others and make money on the side
ORIGINAL: i_see_dirt

I knew the traxxas forum had issues as soon as I heard that you have to have a paid-for email address. You can't have a free Google or Yahoo address to post there.

Way better responses on this board.
Old 11-26-2006, 04:33 PM
ford f150

i know i personally thought that was ridiculous.peace[&:]
Old 11-26-2006, 04:47 PM
Brent07

I have had a real problem with traxxas ever since i was kicked out of their forums and i don't even know why i didn't cuss or bash anybody or traxxas, but since that day on i will never buy another traxxas product. I hate those people, and not to bash on people who have one or w/e but i always thought that you know, ok buy a traxxas vehicle if you want to. I did, it was my first r/c car, but i think after that one you should branch out and look into other models, from other companys and you can tell that traxxas cars just seem built for beginners, and are not competitive on a track. At least the level of competition i had to race against no traxxas truck or car was competitive unless it was a revo because thats what everybody had. I figured you know i bought one of these cars the people from the website should at least support me with it but that was not the case.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:25 PM
ford f150

i will never buy a TRAXXAS PERIOD
Old 11-26-2006, 05:30 PM
Mr. Mugen

then why do you still hang out here? Your BS is getting old 161005445-00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000000
Old 11-26-2006, 08:50 PM
Mr. Mugen

good for you So why dont you get out of the traxxas forum too? Must be something you LOVE about traxxas after all...or maybe it's just us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.