Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

no cost(or close to it) mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 04:40 PM
memoss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no cost(or close to it) mods

Anyone have any mods for the Maxx that cost little or no money?
Old 01-04-2004, 04:47 PM
memoss

Default RE: no cost(or close to it) mods

To make a handle for your gas tank you can take a zip tie and put it through the hole in your gas lid then through a piece of fuel tubing and then tighten the zip tie.
Old 01-04-2004, 05:05 PM
memoss

This is how to get a diff spool effect without a spool.

go to http://www.jagrc.com/springdiff/springdiff.html
Old 01-04-2004, 05:06 PM
memoss

This is how to protect your shocks
go to http://www.jagrc.com/water/shock.html
Old 01-05-2004, 01:39 PM
rcpro-123
My Feedback: (2)

good stufh memoss
Old 01-05-2004, 04:41 PM
memoss

Yea I thought they were to I just got them off of a traxxas form but I was wondering what other people did from other sites.

There was one guy working on air shocks but he never poasted directions
Old 01-05-2004, 04:44 PM
CrashKid

I think I might put some of those nifty balloons over my shocks.....does look easier to clean.
Old 01-06-2004, 05:20 PM
Rcbros
My Feedback: (1)

alot of people know this already but u can use some fuel tubing and some zip ties to make it easier to find your body clips
heres a pic
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28277.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	88252  
Old 01-06-2004, 06:44 PM
Zeroc

Crah Kid is right,ballons work great over shocks,just pick some up from the dollar store

sure they rip occasionally on a gravel road but they look cool and work great for less than a penny a balloon.

P.S-tip for getting them on,roll your springs in a bowl of veggie oil to get them in,then once ones down blow it up so it'll fall and you can get 4-5 springs per balloon
Old 01-07-2004, 02:50 PM
GreekTTCharlie

Default Awesome. Good info guys...

Thanks.
Old 01-07-2004, 04:58 PM
godlyone

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Awesome. Good info guys...

When you get to the point where putting balloons over your springs becomes a real pain(especially when they keep tearing and looking like crud), consider some real shock covers [link=http://www.badhorsie.com]Shock Covers[/link], they're inexpensive and last forever.

Pick up a bottle of shock oil while you'r at it. Chances are good your shocks didn't come built very well, in most cases some shocks may only be partially filled from the factory. If you are going to put shock covers or balloons over your shocks this is a very inexpensive upgrade to consider while your shocks are already off. Nicely built shocks give much better handling performance.

Spending the time to dial in your servo's always pays off as well. Most trucks don't come from the factory with their servo's and linkages dialed in, merely close enough to function. If you find that your steering or throttle tabs are not set anywhere near "Zero" than you have some adjustments to perfect. All too often I see beginners with linkage set-ups that allow for massive amounts of slop causing the servo to actuate quite far even before moving the carburetor. This can sometimes keep the servo from opening the carb up all the way for maximum power output. Same with the brakes.

One trick which can be found in the holy grail of RC is to get your hands on a couple of good quality paint brushes. A large one and a small one. These will come in very handy in brushing the dirt off your truck after running it. The small one should be used for the engine as much as possible. By keeping the crud off your engine you will keep it's normal operating temperatures down. Many become amazed at how well this works.

There are many other cheaper mods and tricks that cost little or nothing, but be careful, many "freebie" mods will give you what you paid for. Typically you don't get something for nuthin