Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-MaxX not downshifting properly

Old 01-04-2004, 06:35 PM
Dr. Krass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-MaxX not downshifting properly

Hello. My truck appears to have a transmission problem and I thought maybe some of you guys might know what's up. The truck is about a half a year old with just about 6 gallons through it. My problem is when I am just bashing around in my neighborhood, it'll shift up into 2nd fine, but then when I stop, many times it will remain in 2nd. So when I try to go again, it does a 2nd gear start and is slow. When it gets stuck in 2nd like this, I have to monkey around with the throttle and brake to get it to go back into 1st. It doesn't happen EVERY time, but more often than not, it does happen. Also, since gallon 5 or so, this problem has gotten worse. It's definatley not a shift-point adjustment problem, cause it upshifts when it should, and i've messed with the shift point screw before. I have not had the tranny open and apart yet. Reasons for the truck not downshifting that I suspect are: cold weather, worn/broken transmission part(s). Help would be greatly appreciated...thanks
Old 01-04-2004, 09:51 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

Default RE: T-MaxX not downshifting properly

there is small hole on the top of the tranny, there is a small screw inside, you need turn that screw just little bit clockwise, this should solve the problem

because there is a small spring inside of it that pushes the clutch and it needs to be tightened
Old 01-05-2004, 11:48 AM
Dr. Krass

that is the shift point adjustment screw though. I've tried that and it adjusts the upshift point but doesn't have an effect on the downshifting.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:51 AM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

in what kind of temperature are you running you Tmaxx? because i'm thinking that, you migt be running it in a cold weather, and the grease inside of the tranny get froze, and the frozen grease keeps the clutch from downshifting
Old 01-06-2004, 02:58 PM
Dr. Krass

I'm running it in about 20 F degree temps average right now up in chicago.