Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

carb problem fixed,but how

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 07:13 PM
Zeroc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carb problem fixed,but how

My Carb was sticking on my trx 2.5,i had nothing but problems with it since i got it.then i rebuilt the carb and it seemed to help,but it still wasn't half the truck my buddy has,(he's got maxx 2.5 to)so i replaced the body on the carb,and it still stuck,now i was getting a little pissed.then yesterday i went bashing outside and my reciever batteries died and it took off and hit our truck and kart wheeled like you wouldn't believe.some how the carb twisted and it seems to work fine now,it's like whole new truck.I couldn't be happier with it.I just dont understand how that fixed it,let me know if you do.

P.S-that was one hell of a cart wheel,i belt all 8 shocks a little bit,3 broken lift arms or what ever they're called,and oh ya,the bodies seen bettter days to.looked cool though
Old 01-06-2004, 01:56 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: carb problem fixed,but how

What do you mean, sticking? If the slide wasn't opening and closing smoothly, or fully, then your servo or bellcrank linkage probably wasn't adjusted right. Or maybe your carb wasn't correctly alligned. I believe that Traxxas' web site has a picture of the correct carb rotation. After your carb is correctly seated, you then need to adjust your servo/bellcrank linkage for full slide movement, not the other way around. If it runs better after a severe crash, then you possibly could have had your carb set too rich, and the crash knocked your air filter, carb etc. loose, creating an air leak, which helped to balance out your mixture. If that is the case, don't run it like that, dirty air may be getting into your engine. Check your carb, filter, fuel lines, glow plug, back plate, and head, to make sure they are all correctly positioned and tight, then retune.
Old 01-06-2004, 06:28 PM
Zeroc

thanx,i checked over the whole truck and found a gash in the air filter,my spur gear ate throung it and i also noticed my engine mount was missing 2 of the screws

thanx,you probably just saved my a whole lot of cash
Old 01-06-2004, 07:29 PM
Zeroc

what air filter should i get,i had an ofna one and i want some thing else
Old 01-07-2004, 12:00 AM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a big thread on this, on this page, called "A MUST BUY FOR TMAXX OWNERS". I personally have a motor savers filter and I dig it.
Old 01-07-2004, 05:13 PM
Zeroc

[8D]ill check it out[8D]
Old 01-11-2004, 02:06 AM
RaiderAv74

Dude get a Failsafe. About 30 bucks that will pay for itself on your first runaway. I had the same prob with my carb. My slide was binding so I called Traxxas and they said to send it in and they would replace it.
Old 01-11-2004, 02:09 AM
Zeroc

i did to but they wouldn't do it,they just offered that damn engine exchange thing for $100
cheap *******s!