Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

losi shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 03:01 PM
ericheller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default losi shocks?

my brother recently bought a t maxx and he wants to get a different set of shocks, preferrably losi. he wants to know if he could just build a set of 4 stiff shocks instead of 8. will it work and if it does would he be able to build them stiff enough? any suggestions?
Old 01-10-2004, 04:59 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: losi shocks?

Sure, people do it all the time.
Old 01-10-2004, 06:48 PM
ericheller

but will they be really loose with just 4? also the 40 series wheels (i think thats what there called) are they any good? ive heard that the slow it down alot because there so much bigger.
Old 01-10-2004, 07:26 PM
jefx

If you get stiff enough springs and maybe some spacers they should be alright. I have the 40 series rims and big joe tires. I dig 'em. They're taller, wider, and softer than stock. They make your truck more stable because they're wider. But since they're taller, your gear ratio changes, making slower acceleration. You can gear down on the clutch bell to make up for it. It also depends on what type of tires you get. There is a few different types that will fit those rims.
Old 01-10-2004, 08:36 PM
ericheller

alright thanks. what engine and gearing do you run? does it still pull wheelies with the bigger rims?
Old 01-10-2004, 09:59 PM
jefx

I have a tmaxx with an 8-port sirio 18 (just over 1 gallon), motor saver filter, thrust macs pipe, steel 72t spur, 16t clutch bell, aluminum (stock sized) tranny gears, all 6 mip cvd's, and the big joe 40's. I also have some other weight adding upgrades that are not part of the drivetrain. My maxx does not pull wheelies on command (kind of a good thing as far as control). I get the occasional wheelie on primo surfaces or with any little bump at take off. The sirio bb pipe may help my performance, I'll be getting one soon. With the stock wheels, my maxx pulls easier wheelies. But I have 4-wheel drive and reverse, and all the increased rotational mass of the metal drivetrain, plus the weight of the other hop ups. My maxx weighs more than most. A stock tmaxx with big joes and a 18 or 16 tooth clutch bell should still pull wheelies with ease. The big joes (as far as I know) are the biggest 40 series tires you can get. The road rage tires (still 40's) are lower profile, and weigh less. They have street type tread and are good for multi- purpose use. They should pull good wheelies on the street.