Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

weak springs??

Old 01-07-2004, 07:33 PM
wakbrdr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weak springs??

i wanted harder springs on my tmaxx so i put more spacers on them, at first they worked great, i loved them, but after i ran it once the springs dont pick up the truck near as much, do you think that weakened the springs?
Old 01-07-2004, 07:39 PM
Zeroc

Default RE: weak springs??

good question,i have the same problem is the back but not the front so now the truck is all slanted and it looks really gay[:'(]
Old 01-07-2004, 07:46 PM
wakbrdr

the fronts fine on mine, the truck will stay level if i lift it up but after i push it down it only comes up like an inch, it didn't do this before i put the spacers in
Old 01-07-2004, 07:48 PM
Zeroc

exact same here[:@]
Old 01-07-2004, 07:50 PM
Zeroc

i know it supposed to have a little bit of slack but not a little over 1/2 of the stupid shock,i olny have an inch of travel
Old 01-07-2004, 09:51 PM
godlyone

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can stuff spacers in all ya want. The only thing a spacer can be used for is ride height only. You can compress a spring to any given length, it will still give the same spring rate. The only way to have a stiffer spring is to buy them. Also consider, by adding more spacers to the stock shocks you are raising the truck and the higher your truck the more likely it will tip over when cornering.
Old 01-07-2004, 10:29 PM
wakbrdr

no no no, im dont think you are get my concept, the truck came with adjustable spacers, they go between the spring and the top of the shock, it does raise the hieght any, just presses down on the springs
Old 01-07-2004, 11:09 PM
screamintmaxx

I found some stiffer t-maxx springs(blue ) have them on order can't wait till they get here ..... ....I will check the level of my shock oil they should make it ride a bit better .......... kinda sqautted down ... my bro put a roll cage on his and it sits down a half inch more then mine...... he promptly took it back off till the stiffer springs get here
[>:]
Old 01-08-2004, 06:53 AM
godlyone

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: wakbrdr

no no no, im dont think you are get my concept, the truck came with adjustable spacers, they go between the spring and the top of the shock, it does raise the hieght any, just presses down on the springs
Dude! Those are spacers for adjusting ride height only. You can put spacers on your shocks all day, it won't give you stiffer springs, just higher ride height. Imagine taking a spring off your shock and compressing it halfway, the stiffness of the spring will still be the same stiffness as your others when they are uncompressed. Ya dig? Spring rate is spring rate, it is what it is. If you want stiffer spring rate, get stiffer springs.
Old 01-08-2004, 09:46 AM
bigjdubb

godlyone, is very correct.

If you guys take a few minutes to look over your manuals and read through a few forums online you will get a grasp of what you are talking about.

The trinity blue springs are great. If you ordered eight put 4 on your truck and 4 on your bro's. Make sure that you go through you shocks and top them off.