Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Rookie story!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 08:51 AM
Diesel Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rookie story!

Hey people,
I got my tmaxx in the mail the other day, and had to go to work, so I couldnt play with it! I got home about 4 am and had to start it! (lol) I rounded up all my stuff and headed out in the garage! I just put a little fuel in her just to hear it and then grabbed my ez starter! I didnt turn on the transmitter and reciever cause i wasnt gonna drive the thing, just start it! (lol) i put my starter on it and heard it trying to turn, then boom she ignited and scared me to death! After the motor started she wanted to be free and took off across the floor! (lol) She was screaming, like a new born baby! It was loud! (lol) I was trying to cut her off, but no luck! I first grabbed the glow plug wire! (nothing), then I remembered to pinch the line, but couldnt cause the line was cold and the walls of the line were not pliable! (lol) About 30 secs of chaos, i finally grabbed my needle nose and put her down! I was stoked about the motor, but didnt want to wake the neighbors, so i went in my bathroom! (lol) Again she took off across the floor and streaked my vinyl! It was a blast! (lol) Anyways after that, I went to bed and started her up the next day!, only this time I turned on the power and she then was nice to me! A lesson learned! Later diesel
Old 01-11-2004, 01:18 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rookie story!

That's not a very nice thing to do to an engine that hasn't been broke-in yet. You should't run them inside, it's not electric. It is a 2-stroke engine and the exhaust is harmful. I bought a fuel line shut-off clip from my LHS, it slides over the fuel line, and you pinch it and it snaps shut, closing your fuel line. You unsnap it the next time you want to start the truck. Also remember that the engine will continue to run for several seconds after the fuel line is pinched off.
Old 01-11-2004, 02:16 PM
Zeroc

didn't you watch your dvd that came with?never turn on the engine without having the transmitter and receiver on![sm=punching.gif]
Old 01-11-2004, 03:38 PM
wakbrdr

or at least dont turn the truck reciever on