Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

I sold my T-maxx and bought this........

Old 02-01-2004, 12:19 AM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I sold my T-maxx and bought this........

I thought it would be a little faster than that. But the sound of those two engines screaming at once is pretty darn cool!
Old 02-01-2004, 12:40 AM
twinmania

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just found out that one manifold spring snapped which caused a leak and affected the performance big time.
Old 02-01-2004, 01:14 AM
hondascott

Nice truck dude. Now can everyone get off this "Look how much you spent to smile" crap? Does anyone have the stock stereo or tires and rims that came on thier real car? No, they upgraded mostly to personalize. Only about 1/2% of rc'rs actually go to sanctioned events and race. The rest just play, and paint, and repair, and upgrade, and then just act real stupid for 2 checks in a row, and..........
Old 02-01-2004, 01:47 AM
Spratt

Hondascott,

What is this suppose to mean?:

"Does anyone have the stock stereo or tires and rims that came on thier real car? No, they upgraded mostly to personalize"

If they don't have the stock items then they did indeed upgrade.

"Only about 1/2% of rc'rs actually go to sanctioned events and race."

What is this information based on? Was there some research done on this subject? Was it published?
Old 02-01-2004, 04:13 PM
twinmania

I also found out that the set screw for the 2 speed poped out. I was driving the truck in second gear the whole time[&o]
Old 02-01-2004, 04:21 PM
jefx

Ahh, that would explain alot. I was kinda disappointed in the performance from your video. I thought the truck had more potential than that, but I didn't want to be negative about your truck. Fix it and then post links for new videos, I'd like to see what it can do!
Old 02-12-2004, 08:56 PM
Willthethrill

I am pretty disappointed that you started a thread in the T-MAXX forum just to Bragg about your dual engine truck.
Personally, people in this forum have bought the t-maxx and been happy with it, and they have made there decision.
I personally don't want to spent 660 dollars on a truck that i would be to afraid to beat the crap out of. I agree that it must have some power, but just look at it. It would need to have 2 engines to even be close to outperform a sirio 18 maxx. it is so big, and the center of gravity is so high. I have a sportmaxx and a nitro rush, and i like being able to break my parts, and then having the pride in hopping it up with special parts. other t-maxx owners. don't you feel proud that you can brag about something that you customized your self?i would not want to but a rtr truck that i pretty much cant hop up. hopping it up is the key to having the truck that you are content with. i know that you like your truck, but in the long run you will want to upgrade it. and you think, !QUOT!oh, wait i already have all alum parts!QUOT!. i want to make my maxx a super truck once i break everything on it and make everything alum.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:38 PM
spazzyfry123

You have to adment that it's pretty sweet. Maybe he started it here because "He sold his T-MAXX and bought this".
Old 02-13-2004, 12:16 AM
ThermalRD

Well, it must not be that great of a truck. I mean really, if you have the time to come to a T-maxx forum and post threads like this, then surely its not that much fun. Personnally, i like 90% of the RC's out there, and each has their own purpose. Im suprised this thread hasnt gone off like wildfire yet. I simply came in here hoping to see some hopped maxxes, seeing as how im gonna buy another one soon. Instead i see another troll post. Im glad you like your truck, its cool. What gave you the urge to come in here and start a thread like this anyway???

Matt
Old 02-13-2004, 07:44 AM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

<<...I have two kids and no job...>>

Yet, you can afford to pay$700+ for a toy?

Is it just me, or is there something wrong with this picture???

Old 02-13-2004, 09:48 AM
DaSHiKi

ORIGINAL: twinmania

I have two kids with no job. That is poor. I don't even have the guts to jump my trucks since I have no money to purchase extra parts. That's sad, ain't it?

I guess the only thrill for me is to maintain and clean it thoroughly after each run.

You are right, some of us are less fortunate, but we just have to be happy for just what we have.

well get a job then it's not our fault you don't have one no simpathy here this a R/C forum call unemployment if your looking for a job not RC universe
Old 02-13-2004, 11:08 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Alright you guys, c'mon... This thread was laid to rest after Twinmania got some crap about it the first time. No reason to dig it back up. That is like double jeopardy.

He is a cool guy, and since he did include pics of his old Maxx, then it is kosher. No reason to dig into his financial situation either. For all you know, his wife is a CEO of a company and makes $250k a year, and he is a stay at home dad!

Stop.
Old 02-13-2004, 02:09 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Well, that was certainly an about-face.

Curious...[sm=confused.gif]

Old 02-13-2004, 02:18 PM
Dale Gribble

Default RE: RE: I sold my T-maxx and bought this........

Twin and I have PM'd quite a few times, and he is a really nice guy to be honest.

Don't get used to it

I would look out for you too if someone started piping up!
Old 02-13-2004, 04:28 PM
t-maxx homie 369

thats awesome man i have the same body on my t-maxx but in white
Old 02-13-2004, 05:16 PM
G1GY

Just in case everyone wants to see more twin titan pic's, you can look at them in the Savage forum.
Old 02-14-2004, 07:07 PM
COOLGuy

nice truck, not saying i would spend 660 on it, but nice truck, i give u props
Old 02-15-2004, 12:01 AM
twinmania

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

Alright you guys, c'mon... This thread was laid to rest after Twinmania got some crap about it the first time. No reason to dig it back up. That is like double jeopardy.

He is a cool guy, and since he did include pics of his old Maxx, then it is kosher. No reason to dig into his financial situation either. For all you know, his wife is a CEO of a company and makes $250k a year, and he is a stay at home dad!

Stop.
Thank you for your kind words. I just can't help laughing reading these posts. I will just not reply to make an issue out of it.
Old 02-15-2004, 12:07 AM
twinmania

ORIGINAL: Willthethrill

I am pretty disappointed that you started a thread in the T-MAXX forum just to Bragg about your dual engine truck.
Personally, people in this forum have bought the t-maxx and been happy with it, and they have made there decision.
I personally don't want to spent 660 dollars on a truck that i would be to afraid to beat the crap out of. I agree that it must have some power, but just look at it. It would need to have 2 engines to even be close to outperform a sirio 18 maxx. it is so big, and the center of gravity is so high. I have a sportmaxx and a nitro rush, and i like being able to break my parts, and then having the pride in hopping it up with special parts. other t-maxx owners. don't you feel proud that you can brag about something that you customized your self?i would not want to but a rtr truck that i pretty much cant hop up. hopping it up is the key to having the truck that you are content with. i know that you like your truck, but in the long run you will want to upgrade it. and you think, !QUOT!oh, wait i already have all alum parts!QUOT!. i want to make my maxx a super truck once i break everything on it and make everything alum.
Lastly, I just can't help it. I just want to state my opinion why exactly I sold my T-maxx. Just look at the post I quoted above. I just want to put a stop to my ever so upgrading stunt with my T-maxx like this guy above who can't just get enough aluminum. Talk about bragging, I never said I this, I that, aluminum this, or aluminum that. I was basically comparing expenses that will incur when purchasing a truck.

Knowing also I am jobless, I may not deserve this truck but it was a wise buy FOR ME since I do not have any cash to do further upgrades.
Old 03-04-2004, 03:10 AM
twinmania

Still no job. People are still raggin on me in this forum but I got a new ride. Check it out:

[link=http://photos.e46fanatics.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=22482]new car gallery[/link]
Old 03-04-2004, 12:15 PM
jefx

Well your doing pretty good for yourself for being unemployed. I'm not working right now either, I get 4 months off every year, Dec.-Mar.
Old 03-04-2004, 04:49 PM
Dale Gribble

well, figure something is working out for you, or it will all be recalled by the bank soon...

Must have someone around with deep pockets. Thats pretty low to brag about what you can buy when you are unemployed when others struggle to keep their homes and feed their families when they are unemployed. You are very fortunate.

I thought it was all good, but then to brag about getting a new beamer, you are obviously just priviledged and/or irresponsible.
Old 03-04-2004, 05:05 PM
jefx

I seem to remember him posting that his family owns a business in China or something.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:18 PM
choptank

That was nothing but 100% pure no class what so ever. I cant seem to get over the fact that you brought you car up as if you are better than someone. One thing to keep in mine that money is not everything and a ship doesnt stay docked forever.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:57 PM
rc-old-dog

Nice looking trucks,but how many of you have bought a truck at say $300.00- $400.00 and then have spent many $$$$ x-tra in it . I know I can't spend that much all at one time. That's why I keep most of my trucks and put them aside.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.