Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

What was your first R/C car/truck?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 08:01 PM
gorky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What was your first R/C car/truck?

1st generation T-maxx, 4 monsths after it was introduced. Loved that truck!!! Now a revo with a tm 523. Times are good.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:36 PM
bluecaka69

my first nitros were redcat tornado XP and redcat Volcano stx good beginner cars but ive now moved on to bigger and better things REVO 3.3 AND JATO 3.3
Old 07-28-2006, 05:38 AM
willalbert

my FIRST rc was a tmaxx 2.5, then i got a revo 3.3 and put a picco .26 in it. Then I got my mini LST (I LOVE that thing) and the last two i got were at garage sales: an rc10t3, and 1/10 vh-x5 buggy (winner sport)
Old 07-28-2006, 09:26 AM
eddy2785329

my first rc car was a duratrax streetforce, man that car really sucked.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:09 AM
another-t-maxx-man

first was a duratraxx nitro evader which is still runnig strong,then i got a thunder tiger ssk and i just bought a 3.3 t maxx which is a killer truck
Old 07-28-2006, 12:31 PM
EpoweredRC

Well in about 1983 when I was around 4, my first rc car was a Tamiya Grasshopper.
now in 2006 first one since got back into trucks was E Rustler (well its my gfs) mine is a E stampede, and 2nd is a Nitro Rustler. next hopeing for a AF or a LST2 or something.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:03 PM
Quickywd01
My Feedback: (3)

My first nitro wasn't totally mine because my brother bought it but it was a radio shack black wolf electric buggy. Say what you will about radio shack stuff and I haven't been there in years but this buggy was and is strong and I'd say built well. You can't modify it really but it was really fast. The rear tires would disappear quickly if you ran didn't control the throttle. But after going through a few too many puddles I think the electronics had it. I had a few crappy rc's after that. Then my revo. Buying the revo was one of the best days ever. Looking at it in person was like seeing a small F1 car. Owning it was just overwhelming. I also love that I won't have to buy another rc because I can keep upgrading this one.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:01 AM
maxspam

kyosho tr-15
Old 07-30-2006, 12:15 AM
BXMaxx

i started with a tmaxx 2.5 when they came out i just rebuilt the engine today breakin tomrrow
Old 07-30-2006, 01:01 AM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man... i cant remember the crappy ones too well, but i do kinda remember what my first good one was. either a tamiya frog, or hot shot... i cant remember what came first... early 80s.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:26 AM
crdude

iv had walmart special trucks sens i was about 2, my first real truck was a emaxx back when i was 10,after that cought fire i got yet another emaxx.. still have that its just well is peaces too say the least. i got a .15 tmaxx about 3 years ago (i played with that thing so much i was known as the RC guy at my school) i sold that beasty about a year ago, i just picked up a revo 3.3 today dawm what an improvment in power!
http://hotrodders.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/16650
http://hotrodders.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/16649

thats what it looked like when i sold it, i cant seem to find what it looked like when i had it! either way, i had a racers edge chassis aloy a arms full al skids chassis braces and some neic offset rims... ill keep looking for pics of it when i owned it.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:55 AM
xtreme_ntc3

Shawnh!!!! That was my first car too!!! It's incredible.. I never thought anyone else would say that name again (Radio Shack's Golden Arrow).. It sure was the best at the time.. Mine never broke a thing (even with all that punishment I gave it).. I would pay anything just to have a brand new one.. I gave it away (now I regret that).. The second car I had was also from the same store (a Porsche).. I still have that one.. My first truck was a LunchBox.. Its been many years since that................ Now, I have a Venom helicopter, a Ntc3 and a Revo 3.3.. I'm looking for a LST2 and a Losi Muggy...
Old 08-04-2006, 01:57 PM
ridinthedunes

tmaxx 3.3, have only had it a month or so........LOVE IT!!!! coolest toy I have ever got......
and aparently I can use it to get apples out of the tree in the front yard[&o]
Old 08-04-2006, 03:38 PM
mnkid

Well for a while I had the r/c's from walmart.....they went...for a while... then My first REAL one was a Mini-T when i was 12. Then i moved up with a E-maxx when i was 13, all upgraded now...got it the way i like it And it Friggin HALLS!!!!!. And i Just got the new Stampede with the xl-5 in it, and there all going strong!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2006, 04:29 PM
Backyard Racer

My first RC Car was a Electric Rustler but my first gas car was a Revo 3.3.
~Kyle~
Old 08-04-2006, 07:01 PM
teamcatf7

My first was an Ertl John Deere tractor. Yeah beat that and check out my state. then i had 5 or so walmart specials. last summer i bought my first real rc, a revo 2.5. This summeri put an os .18 in it. its sweet
Old 08-04-2006, 09:03 PM
chrobar

Mine is a Sportwerks Raven ST 1:10 stadium Electric. It's the only one I got now (I'm new to the hobby) but gonna get a revo or savage soon. This was my first hobby grade rc car. I had a bunch of crappy tycos before really getting into it. I started the hobby when i was 13 yrs old. Still am!
Old 12-07-2006, 02:31 PM
tinman6700

My first real one was a hi-rider vette. That thing was the bomb!!! I ran it till it fell apart, then found interesting ways to put it back together, and run it some more. I remember that by the the time I retired it, the front bulkhead was held on with aluminum strips, and the whole thing moved with the steering servo, lol. I loved that truck, and must have put hundreds into it. replaced the shocks (all 8 of em) with the platinum oil filled, full bearings all around, duratrax steel gearbox internals, Novak 6/10, trinity speedworks diamond motor, etc. I had quite a few others, the notable ones were the Bullhead, Midnight Pumpkin (that thing friggin hauled!!!) optima, ultima, a few rc10-l's monster beetle, Tamiya porsche 959, and a tamiya hornet. A few years ago I sold the whole lot of it, and got out for a while. Now, just a few weeks ago, I found a Hi rider on ebay, and now I'm just waiting for it to get here, in the mean time, I'm trying to put together a complete retro setup, from the WAY discontinued truck, to the big heavy 1980's magnum junior radio setup. I really doubt I'll find the bearings and gears again, and might have to settle for a super rooster instead of a 6/10, but I'll just have to see. It will definately be interesting
Old 12-07-2006, 03:29 PM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

The first RC I ever had was when I was 4 and it was the most bizzarre RC I have seen to this day. It was from Radioshack and it was a simple toy RC that would go forward+straight or backwards+turning. It was very weird looking, bright yellow and shaped like a wedge. The really unique ting about it was the controller. The TX was basically a plastic box that you strapped around your bicep, it had two little foam pads on it that you had to wet with water for it to operate, and the pads pressed against your skin. You flexed your arm to switch between forward+straight and reverse+turning. The problem with it was that @ 4 years old, I didn't have enough bicep to get it to reliably respond to me flexing. (My grandfather hadn't taken that into consideration before buying it) Thankfully, it did have a button that would operate the TX, for those who lacked the muscle to operate it. It was so long ago that I have no idea what it was called. I think it lasted me a few years (mostly because I didn't play with it much)

After that, I started getting these overpriced toy grade RC cars that Sears used to carry (Lobo and LoboII) They were extremely expensive for toy grade RC's, and actually performed as well or better than many hobby grade RC's, but they were not modular, so one run through a puddle screwing up the RX mean the whole ting was shot. I loved those things, and used to get one almost every Christmas, but they never made it to spring because I had no patience and would run them in the snow and ruin them.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Rebeldude
My Feedback: (5)

What really got me started was when I was given 2 Losi JRX-2s that were both broken. I managed to build one decent truck out of the 2 of them. That was were it all started. I bought a brand new RC10T3 factory team truck next. After that I bought a used RC10GT Factory team with a blown engine. The same day I bought a new dynamite .12 spd to put in it. Then I bought my 2.5 T-maxx and started upgrading it. I also bought a JR XS3 for my RC10GT and T-maxx. A JR XR2 for my T3. All my trucks have sat in storage for the last 6 months or so. I just got the itch to get back into RC when I heard there was a hobby shop that opened about 15 miles from where I live. (HECK YEAH!) Now I can get parts without driving an hour or having to order them and waiting a week. With the itch I bought a OS .18TM for my T-maxx. I also found out the there is a track near the hobby shop. It needs work but it is a start and that is much more than I ever had access to before.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:47 PM
magnum12

My first was a grass hopper and then got a Blackfoot blew up the Blackfoot and modded the grasshopper to take the rear end out of the Blackfoot to make it look like a long dirt drag buggy it worked good that was 20 years ago when i got back to bashing i bought a first gen t-maxx the month it came out blew the trx motor and put a picco .12s in and been running it ever sense next one i get i've been going back and forth on either a mammoth st or a mayhem st.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:11 PM
csp1971

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Tamiya Hornet, then a Kyosho/Cox Progress, then about 20 others (Losi, Associated, Race Prep, Kyosho, Tamiya, World Engines, Traxxas)
Old 12-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Harvick

With the exeption of tyco type stuff I had a blackfoot, that I had broken body mounts on so may times, I made some braces out of an erector set. Still holding the mounts up today. Then I had a HI-LUX (king cab). Both would still be running if it were not for Tamiya discountinuing most of the parts for the original stuff.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:21 PM
dight1

Well mine was a t-max .15 got that 2 years ago. Now i have a t-maxx i am selling. I am going to be leaving the traxxas forum and going to the HPI forum. Yes i am switching to the savage X
Old 12-07-2006, 05:26 PM
EARRNHARDT3

Tamiya Frog about 20+ years ago I ran the hell out of it but for the life of me i can't rember what happen to it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.