Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
Have twisted half shafts before.
50.00%
Never twisted any half shafts.
50.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Who has ever or never twisted half shafts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 09:08 PM
wheels ground
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has ever or never twisted half shafts?

No wonder they don't have a full warranty on parts. Some on on here said some thing about tubes working better this is just another thing taht hasn't been brought into the rc world from two stroke racing or the world of real cars and another reason i'm getting sick of a lot of manufactuers claming their product is inovative or better than the next because most of them are exactly the same as the next if i had acces to a lathe and mill i'd put some of these coumpanies outta business quick or at least give em a scare course they steal my idea and say it was theirs they really need to go look at a quad or motorcross bike and get a clue on how to make parts better especially exhaust and drive shafts why do you think traxxas uses tubular drive shafts anyway because thats what the drive shaft going to your wheels in any real car is because like fore mentioned a tube can take a ot more torque than a rod. unfortunatley traxxes drives are a relitevly soft plastic and weak plastic too some high grade poly carbonite or carbon fiber would be really nicelike the stuff used today on highend mountain bikes some of that stuff can take more than twice the abuse steel can though its alot more flexible to so line it with some aliminum.
Old 03-03-2004, 03:55 AM
slodsm
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has ever or never twisted half shafts?

My last race maxx was a UE truck, slightly over 8 lbs with a .15 CVR in it. 12 slipper pegs, slightly loose, 8 big bores (can't remember spring rates) and a very very light clutch and 18 tooth bell, it was a killer on short tracks but would wreck a set of sliders on a race day twisting them. I broke two at the universal by the knuckle up front and twisted countless ones. I never CVD'd that truck though, trying to stay as light as possible. This time I sacrificed metal arms for more weight keeping plastic, I think I may use CVD's if I start wrecking them with this setup which is mid 7's.