Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

NEW Picco P2 Direct Drop-in for T-maxx

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 10:37 PM
GVFD29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Picco P2 Direct Drop-in for T-maxx

It has been released.....Werksracing has just released it's first batch of .21 conversion for the T-maxx... I know I know....There are already .21 conversions for the t-maxx. This motor is a Direct Drop-in which requires no chassis modification whatsoever. I am currently in the breakin period. but I will post tommrow with how the rest of the breakin goes. Anybody else with the Picco P2? Comments? Questions?
Old 03-01-2004, 10:48 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: NEW Picco P2 Direct Drop-in for T-maxx

It's about time someone got this engine. Definately keep us posted. We are all interested to see what this engine is like. Post some video if you can!
Old 03-01-2004, 11:05 PM
Digital Liquid

Yeah, let us know how she performs. Also let us know how your set-up is. Is everything stock? Or do you have some upgrades done to compensate for the extra power?

Later...
Old 03-01-2004, 11:07 PM
coupedit03
Banned

Dude..I was gonna buy that motor when they sent there first batches out 2/3 weeks ago but no one had them in stock and I couldnt wait more than a week so I bought a stock 2.5 then and a sirio tx-18 today..Havent put it in yet though...How much did you pay for it?????? Was it more than the sirio..and I hope it doesnt eat up your gears too bad...tranny and spur and clutch!! Goodluck and enjoy that beast..........one more thing...alot of people say that the wheel base of our maxxes is too short to handle a .21....let me know how you feel about it.thanks!
Old 03-02-2004, 01:08 AM
GVFD29

Default WORTH THE WAIT

Setup is very easy. Right now the only thing I am running "non-stock" is the K&N Air filter. so far I have only run 1 tank of Traxxas fuel through it. later on this morning I plan on finishing the break-in. Definate buy so far. Video will be comming....BTW...I am the first batch. Werks was a bit deleyed with the motors because they were comming from Italy. Customs problems...I ordered mine in the begining of FEB. It all good though....very impressed though.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:11 AM
GVFD29

Default RE: WORTH THE WAIT

Too many "though's" sorry...I'm at the firestation and it's 1:20 in the morning....I cant sleep because I am so anxious to play with my T-maxx.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:29 AM
coupedit03
Banned

Well let us know how that motor works out man..I definitely would love to see a video...

Gaithersburg, MD eh? I used to live right over there in N. Potomac.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:34 AM
GVFD29

Please....There is no North Potomac....E-mail me, maybe we can ride together. [email protected] AIM handle: GVFD29.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:52 AM
GVFD29

Sorry....I didn't read were you were from. It's hard to find people to Truck with around here.
Old 03-02-2004, 03:19 AM
coupedit03
Banned

LoL..no problem man....Yea I miss that place...N. Potomac was real nice place to grow up..My families still got some properties down there..just holding on to them..the price of land has really skyrocketed 5 fold in the past 10 years.......I wish we had a Fuddruckers down here in Sunny Florida...amongst a bunch of other things...Jerry's Subs and Pizza...Oh well we've got the sun!!

But back to he topic at hand... I might just go out and buy that Picco .21 and get another t-maxx to slap it into..just to have something crazy to play with... I know a guy down here who sells brand new t-maxxes for $350...so its not too bad to get a new one.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:44 AM
MattLarson29

I was helping Lysle with break-in yesterday. The only problem we noted is that the inlet nipple for the carb is a little smaller than the one on the stock motor, so we had an air leak at the carb intake -> leaning out of the motor. A small zip tie on the fuel line at the carb inlet fixed that quickly.

Video will be coming soon.

Matt
Old 03-02-2004, 12:22 PM
MattLarson29

Total of 4 tanks so far.....More and more power as I go. I have an UNRELATED problem with the fuel line still....not sure whats up with that... I'll get it sorted out. ~Lysle
Old 03-02-2004, 12:30 PM
GVFD29

oops....Matt was still logged on here. That was me above.
Old 03-02-2004, 12:43 PM
jefx

What, are you guys brothers or something?
Old 03-02-2004, 12:52 PM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: coupedit03

I know a guy down here who sells brand new t-maxxes for $350...so its not too bad to get a new one.

Yeah, especially 'cause you can get at least $100 for a new 2.5 on ebay, not to mention whatever other parts you rip out before you use the truck (shafts, etc.).

Dean
Old 03-02-2004, 12:57 PM
GVFD29

Jefx...no no...we are both Members at a Firestation and I work for him at work also. I'm 19 and he's an old fart....I hope he does'nt read this. DEANDROME.....Speaking of that...my truck is now inmobile...I destroyed TWO steel center driveshafts with this motor...I dont think the shafts I bought were hardened...P.O.S. I am going to run my stock Traxxas stuff untill my titanium parts come in from Unlimited Engineering.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:23 PM
Deandome

I never figured why solid steel shafts are used rather than thin wall tubes (steel or Ti). You could still keep the mass down (rotating mass, too!), and they could handle torque a lot better than a thin rod.

I've always thought that re-doing the stock Traxxas shafts w/metal tubes would be THE best drivetrain option, but what do I know!

Anyhoo, your stock plastic shafts will probably last better than the crappy steel ones, though I woulda gotten hardened STEEL stuff from UE rather than Ti, as I think they're stronger in this usage.

Lastly, why'd you stick with Traxxas fuel for the new engine? I use it in my 2.5, but 'iffin I was to get a new engine, I'd probably switch to Robinson or something. Top Fuel is a bit overpriced, and the fact that it's "specially formulated for the 2.5 racing engine" is a negative, not an asset with your new engine.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:40 PM
GVFD29

I'm using Traxxas because thats what I got...I usually use Blue Thunder ( I think thats what it is called) I might switch up to 30%
Old 03-02-2004, 03:09 PM
jefx

You really think that the stock plastic driveshafts are stronger than steel cvds? You are kidding right?
Old 03-02-2004, 03:25 PM
GVFD29

no, these just suck...I bought them from ebay.....forget that... I am just going to use the Plastic untill my Titanium arrives from Unlimited Engineering.
Old 03-02-2004, 03:46 PM
jefx

What brand were the shafts that you destroyed? The .21 will probably rip through stock shafts with a quickness.
Anyway, my previous question was for Deandome who said;

"Anyhoo, your stock plastic shafts will probably last better than the crappy steel ones".
Old 03-02-2004, 04:24 PM
Deandome

Well, yeah, I think he can get several tanks, if not gallons, thru his new engine with the stock center drive shafts. I have no idea how he tore up TWO steel ones so quickly, but I think the stockers will do better than THAT!!

I dunno where the stock shafts fail...is it the shaft itself or at the pinned joints? 'Cause in terms of just the SHAFT, I would think a plastic tube WOULD handle more torque than a thin steel rod (non-hardened). Think about it, if you somehow put handles on the end of a 6" length of Traxxas drive tube & a 6" length of steel wire (diameter similar to most CVDs), and give 'em both a twist, the tube would handle more torque before failing.

Now, when you put in connectors & tiny pins that can rip out, THAT's a different story. But the torque-handlling abilities of a tube (ANY material) is inherently much better than a rod (of the same weight, obviously a 1/2 " rod is gonna be stronger than a 1/2" tube, but it'll weigh a ton more!).

Dean
Old 03-02-2004, 04:28 PM
jefx

You make a good point. But every stock shaft I've broke was at the pin holes. That's definatly the weak spot.
Old 03-02-2004, 04:31 PM
MattLarson29

GVFD29 brought the remains of one of the shafts to me.

These steel shafts were made of pretty soft steel. The slots in the cups actually cut slots through the pins.

I took a file to one of the pins and the steel in the pins is quite soft.

In short, they were crap.

Pins made of better steel would have been fine, I think.

Matt
Old 03-02-2004, 04:56 PM
Deandome

All I can say is you GOTTA get us the name of the mfg./vendor/seller of these CVDs so we can AVOID them!!!

I thought there were only a few options when buying them: MIP, Dynamite, XTM, UE & Team Blue Star are all that come to mind (you woulda thunk Traxxas woulda jumped in!). So who makes your's and/or what e-tailer/e-bay seller did you buy 'em from?

Dean

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.