Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Shock Replacement?

Old 04-14-2004, 09:27 PM
tudy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shock Replacement?

Anyone know of some good shocks, that will withstand some serious bashing (mainly on cement)? I was looking at teambluestars they look ok, but I'm not really sure yet?
Old 04-14-2004, 10:06 PM
G35Coupe
Banned

Default RE: Shock Replacement?

Dont get teambluestars...get some Traxxas Big Bores, Proline Powerstroke (if they are out yet) or some Integy Piggy Backs. People say the Piggys arent worth the metal there made out of, However I deeply disagree. These shocks are by far the Smooothest I have used soo far. However i havent tried the powerstrokes yet.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:47 PM
tudy

What's the difference between Traxxas Big Bore shocks and the original stocks that come on the truck? if there is any?
Old 04-15-2004, 01:19 AM
Infinite Gundam

The big bores have aluminium shock bodies and caps whereas the stock are plastics.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:44 PM
wadesie93
My Feedback: (11)

This topic was just on here 2 days ago. Go down a coulple of threads
Old 04-15-2004, 07:49 PM
potatoe_bird
My Feedback: (1)

I hope you dont jump on cement...
Old 04-15-2004, 10:42 PM
G35Coupe
Banned

Also the Traxxas Big Bores hae a Ti Nitride coating on the Shafts themselves. This strengthens them up a lot. They are alot better than the stocks and one of the best out there for the Maxx. I would personally go with the Integy piggy bakcs as I did. A little trouble getting them together right in the beginning but thats with any shock set up.
Old 04-18-2004, 12:25 AM
MAXXER2.5ER

i have the integy piggybacks and i am currently running trinity blue and black springs on my truck wiht 50 or 60 weight oil but my truck still bottoms out. the truck is full aluminum but theres gotta be some way to stop it from doing this. what setup are you running any suggestions?
Old 04-18-2004, 10:54 AM
magicfrost

its better to bottom out i think. you have a better chance of something breaking if your trying to prevent it from doing it. thats at least what ive found from my experience i found that there was more breaking when it couldn't bottom out than when it could. sure when it bottoms out the bottom gets scratched up but ill take the scratches over a broken shock tower or a-arm any day.
Old 04-18-2004, 07:57 PM
MAXXER2.5ER

you would think when it bottoms out it jars everything causing stuff to break easier