Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

False rumors about T-maxx.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 02:43 PM
monst@r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: False rumors about T-maxx.

You guys must have some hella fast trucks then .. Because 1/8 Buggies (lighter/faster) pretty much maxes out at that height, unless they go off a ramp built specifically for high jumping.
Old 06-03-2004, 06:14 PM
Unspoken

Gordan69
LOL, i found that funny, you jump 4-5 ft high and you said "sometime i dont break anything" I couldnt imagine breaking something jumping that low with my savage. I jump about 30ft high and i rarely break a thing.. Ive only broken my bulkbraces witch were 6$ to replace. Don't wanna start no arguements just couldnt resist.. I know some maxx guys are gonna be like yea right theres no way u jumped 30ft! Cause u guys are use to not being able to jump over 6 ft and stuff.
i believe you,and others shouldnt start bashing other people cause they dont beleive some one.ive heard a pile of bull **** to on this site and other R/Cers have lied to my face but i keep it to myself.and ive jumped my t-maxx 30 feet lots of times but once in a while i break a bulkhead or something cheap like that. thats just my honest opinion
Old 06-03-2004, 07:28 PM
QUESTO

U got me wrong Gordan69.....
I didnt said (sometime i dont break anything) go back and read carefully.

And for 30ft high jumps and dont break anything...give me a break.
It can be possible but u have to land it and be lucky.

30 ft long (OK) but 30ft high is kinda different.
Old 06-03-2004, 08:10 PM
SamP-51flyer
My Feedback: (2)

its very much possible with a any vehicle to jump 30 ft. as long as it has stiff enough springs and a heavy enough weight oil and lands perfectly
Old 06-04-2004, 02:26 PM
Running_On_E

T-Maxx List of broken parts over 10 months of racing and bashing apox. ( Gallon of fuel a week )
3-Front Lower A-Arms
2-Set Front Bulkheads
1-Front Skid Plate
1-Set Rear Bulkheads
1-Rear Skid Plate
7-Hing Pins
3-Spur gears
6-Shock Rods
2-Diffs with Case
1-Engine mount.
2-Sets of Diff Bearings

One last comment.. if those savages were realy that durable,, then why do they drop like flys every time i race them.. I know im already in the lead but they could atleast try and make it to the finish line..
Old 06-04-2004, 03:08 PM
tegwin

Are we *****ing about bashing or racing.

You cant compare an F1 car to a road car, but most of you guys seem to think you can....

GET OVER YOURSELVES!!!!
Old 06-05-2004, 01:30 AM
rdmonster

The tmaxx breaks alot and people turn that into its a hunk of junk .Not true.The savage is tough and people try to say its indestructable also not true.Both are based in fact but big overstatements.I have both trucks.My savage is my basher and the maxx is strictly for the street.Honestly if I'd have researched more carefully I would not have bought the maxx because i'm a basher not a racer but thats the way it goes.I love both my trucks apparently alot more than I like money lol.
Old 06-05-2004, 03:34 AM
monst@r

ORIGINAL: tegwin

Are we *****ing about bashing or racing.

You cant compare an F1 car to a road car, but most of you guys seem to think you can....

GET OVER YOURSELVES!!!!
You can compare the Savage to the T-Maxx. 1/8 and 1/10 aren't that difference where it's apples and oranges. Anyways, I'm done here, this thread will go on 10+ pages if we keep on going.
Old 06-05-2004, 04:36 AM
tegwin

Yes but comparing a racing savage to a bashing t-maxx, or the other way round is impossible.

Ime also done here.....
Old 06-06-2004, 02:02 PM
Savage_Dias

I thought when they seperated Savage users & Maxx users it would end the fighting. Guess I was wrong on that one. I still think the main problems with the TMaxx is a powerful engine on a light chassis leaves the ability to do way more than what it was meant to be able to do. THAT'S the problem. I don't own a Maxx but if it's built with the same standards as the Stampede it's a tough truck but like everything else, even the Savage, it has it's limits. And to answer the 30 ft. vertical jump question... Not with a Savage unless it only travels 1 or 2 feet horizontally & even then I'm seriously doubting a damage free landing.
Old 06-06-2004, 02:38 PM
SamP-51flyer

It is possible with any truck to land a 30 footer with stiff enough springs although chances are good that your shock mounts on you towers or arms will rip off or like what happened to me the the bulkhead mounts to the towers just ripped right off
Old 06-06-2004, 04:09 PM
tegwin

WHERE ARE THE MODERATORS, THIS THREAD SHOULD HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGES AGO!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2004, 07:09 PM
QUESTO

why close it?
look like alot of peeps like to reply here.

going to put some money on my maxx this week.
-Venom failsafe
-Venom Temperature Monitor
-Venom Speed Meter
-Venom Battery Monitor
-Venom Systems Check
-'73 Ford Bronco body by Hotbodies
Old 06-06-2004, 07:51 PM
skliffy

as long as there is only opinions an no direct offence is meant by these opinions i cant see it being a prob.

i have a max an as far as i can tell u need more skill to race a sav than u do to race a max. sav's seem to b more top heavy and hav a bigger turning radius unless u get the bak end out, as the max stiks to the ground pretty well and is more stable in the air. ive seen sav's bend to the extreme and bearley make it over the line, where as a max might have broke and bin dumped on the trak.
Old 07-04-2004, 09:47 AM
dr_killer_uk

People will always love the t-maxx cause you can get so many hopups for it, thats part of the fun, breaking some plastic bit and get some cool shiny aluminum bit. You end up with a $1000 + truck thats almost one of a kind and every one wants a look see what you got on it.
Old 07-04-2004, 01:34 PM
Goku
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Dr.Weasel

ORIGINAL: tRaXx-aSs

BOUGHT MYNE FOR $165 and Almost nothing on it is stock i also got a electrick team assosiated buggy or somethin and a chassis with alot of .15's fuel tanks, controls, tires, wheels, speed controls, recievers,carbouraters and much more.
NO JOKE
What, did the guy need bail bond money or somthing???

The Doc.
LOL! that's sweet... once in a while you can get some sweet deals out there.... my maxx is almost everything hopped up, and I got it for next to nothing... (see my gallery)
Old 07-04-2004, 06:33 PM
creyc

I'll bet you my savage that you can't jump 30ft up into the air and come down without a scratch. But, judging by how well you botched that quote, I'm guessing that was a typo or mistake anyways.

In fact the only way to actually get a truck 30ft into the air is by dropping it, taking a 25ft jump, or being pulled by an RC airplane.

I'm guessing you say 30ft without knowing how big '30 feet' really is. For everyone's comparison, here is the Savage 25 next to it's 30 foot tall jump.

scale is 1:60
Old 07-05-2004, 03:02 AM
Melancholy43920

ORIGINAL: creyc

In fact the only way to actually get a truck 30ft into the air is by dropping it, taking a 25ft jump, or being pulled by an RC airplane.

or flinging it with a home built trebuchet

in case anyone doesn't know a trebuchet is basically a catapult

and i have seen the video of the buggy jumping 20 feet into the air. they had the 2 foot high or so ramp set up in front of the garage connected to the house but when you see the jump from all the angles it cleared the roof of the 2 story house. it landed slightly off balance and more on the side 2 wheels hard enough to knock the body off it but it was undamaged. he drove it back around to the front of the house and made a test run back up and down the road. so 20 feet high is possible with a buggy...and if someone gets a maxx or savage to jump 30 feet high on film i'd love to see it.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:05 PM
pooman07

Yes i agree with the first post dont judge it till you own it cuzz ive had mine a year and ive broken one part and cant even call it broken it was the glowplug wire burnt off from heat of the engine and these lil machines are built well exspecially for alot of plastic on its main drive and steering parts and i bash mine up real good i mean ive landed hard on the back off of atleast a 4.5 foot ramp and 80% trottle some people just get me mad [:@]
Old 07-14-2004, 11:28 PM
slodsm
My Feedback: (1)

This won't be locked tegwin simply because even though people are arguing about a dead horse, they are at least doing it in a civil manner unlike a lot of other threads lately.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:09 PM
William Q

30 feet high does seem alot for a MT to jump. i to would love to see it, matter of fact i'll pay to see it. that's not being funny about the situation i'm being serious i really would pay to see a maxx or salvage jump 30 feet high into the air and i don't care if it lands on all four or explodes at impact just make it jump 30 feet into the air. that's three 10 feet ladders on top of each other and you go flying a MT over them. forget truck of the year, you would be man of the decade.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:08 PM
speed lives
My Feedback: (1)

Ok, just cause you maxx fans could never imagine jumping 30ft in the air because your cars would never beable to take it. I will explain to you how i get 30ft.

This jump is a snowboard table top at a snowboard hill. So the lips about 15 ft high, basicly all i gotta do is get 15 more feet off the lip witch isnt that big of a deal. Plus i get speed by coming down the hill, so im probly going like 45 mph and launching off a 15ft jump thats pretty steep. I'm sure you guys got 15ft high atleast before right? Well basicly thats all i got, but sense the jump was 15ft high my truck landed from 30 ft high.

If you don't believe that i will understand. If i had a t-maxx i probly wouldnt ever believe anyone could get 30ft. Lol don't get mad im seriusly being serius, im not trying to diss on your t-maxx or nothing.
Old 07-15-2004, 04:46 PM
california_zephyr

Well, when i see it i will believe it. not to sound like an ass...but, why don't u get a 30 ft. pole and stick it up and then jump your indestructable savage and we will see. anywho, i think these topics are kinda funny not because everybody is mad and all but because there are only a hand full of people who care, and the rest people have replys that sum up to them saying "who cares?". also, my complements to creyc for that illustration. very nice! oh well, lets just end this here.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:33 PM
William Q

ok i understand what you are saying know. you didn't jump 30ft in the air but 15ft that i can believe. plus since you went 15ft in the air and the ramp you went up was 15ft from the lip of the ramp you came down 30ft. i believe that cause what goes up must come down. cause 15ft and 30ft is a very big difference if you know what i mean.
Old 07-16-2004, 09:33 AM
fourwheeler

Dude you have waaaaayyy too much time on your hands.

But the graph is cool[8D]
ORIGINAL: creyc

I'll bet you my savage that you can't jump 30ft up into the air and come down without a scratch. But, judging by how well you botched that quote, I'm guessing that was a typo or mistake anyways.

I'm guessing you say 30ft without knowing how big '30 feet' really is. For everyone's comparison, here is the Savage 25 next to it's 30 foot tall jump.

scale is 1:60

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.