Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

False rumors about T-maxx.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 09:56 PM
QUESTO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default False rumors about T-maxx.

I readed alot of posts in t-maxx and savage forums and some savage owners or some newbie that dont know what they are talking about say that the T-maxx isnt really for bashing and its always broken.....this is just not true.

I bash my T-maxx alot,,doing some nice jump of 4 - 5 ft high and i dont land it everytime and it crash bad sometime and i didnt break anything...

So those who talk bad about maxxes,,,first thing,,,u got to own it before to judge it.
Old 05-31-2004, 11:30 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

Default RE: False rumors about T-maxx.

Common Sense [:-] but some ppl don't undestand there is nothing you can do and i agree with you, hate the hobby not the toy....lol
Old 06-01-2004, 02:07 AM
monst@r

LoL .. It all depends on your driving style. I know some people that can drive as if their car was an egg, and others, they just seem to be attracted to light poles and mail boxes (Ever notice how they seem to jump in front of your truck?).
Old 06-01-2004, 08:35 AM
schmism

I can speak from experieance, those telephone poles are QUICK!
Old 06-01-2004, 01:06 PM
Running_On_E

First off i own a T-maxx. and i have to say compaired to a Savage its not as impact resistant. , but it jumps higher,, and goes farther, faster and more maneverable then a savage ever could be.. ( mostly because it weights half as much as a savage,, and in racing It eats up everything.. from savages, Monster GT, and all forms of those "Truggies" Couf couf Cheaters Couf Couf )

Also it has way more Upgrades and add-ons then the savage does.. ( more personality !)
Old 06-01-2004, 01:16 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's not make this a bashing session.
Old 06-01-2004, 01:43 PM
tegwin

I dont want to burst anyones bubbles, but there is not a single person in the post who has owned both trucks and maintained them both.

I have and they are both different trucks, different aspects are good and some are bad but i love them both for different jobs.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:59 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

I have owned both and here is what I say-

The Maxx is lighter, faster and more agile hands down no question.

The Savage is slower, more clumsy, but more durable.

The Maxx does have durability issues though, even for careful drivers. The skids and bulkheads are weak, and ESPECIALLY where the skids and bulks join.
The shocks are barely up to the task, and the cast motor mount is laughable. However, with some careful upgrades, the Maxx is faster, lighter, more agile
AND as durable as the Savage.

The Savage always felt clumsy to me, and I could never get the suspension where I wanted it. I got the Maxx dialed in, and it is just amazing in all aspects.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:32 PM
QUESTO

What im trying to say here is like when i buy my brand new T-Maxx,,,ive readed a couple of posts in forums and i was like damn that truck gona cost me a hell lots of money......
The truck is not that bad as they say in forums.
Im not really comparing the T-Maxx and the Savage here its 2 different trucks.
Just saying that the maxx isnt the crap truck that some saying.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:42 PM
Kemo

ORIGINAL: QUESTO

ive readed a couple of posts in forums and i was like damn that truck gona cost me a hell lots of money......
Mighty fine word you invented there, "readed" adverb or verb? lol anywho... People who have the tmaxx are famous for the replacements of the easy starts... and its when noobs get into that too... is where expenses grow. They tend to have to replace the one ways over and over, or getting new recoils. That OR they always over heat them and have to rebuild them (the engine).
Old 06-01-2004, 08:27 PM
QUESTO

Sorry rccars411, but my first language is french so u may find some error in my posts....no big deal,im sure u did understand what i was saying anyway. did u?... lol
Old 06-02-2004, 05:27 PM
Kemo

Yeah I just wanted to throw a little joke in there about it No insults were intended
Old 06-02-2004, 08:29 PM
tRaXx-aSs

BOUGHT MYNE FOR $165 and Almost nothing on it is stock i also got a electrick team assosiated buggy or somethin and a chassis with alot of .15's fuel tanks, controls, tires, wheels, speed controls, recievers,carbouraters and much more.
NO JOKE
Old 06-02-2004, 08:32 PM
tRaXx-aSs

T-MAXX<<<-----the best i thimk
Old 06-02-2004, 08:47 PM
Kemo

T-Maxx is only "Best" because the domino theory has happened. One person fell for it now everyone does. Tmaxx is like a butt hole, everyone has one
Old 06-02-2004, 08:48 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some people have 2.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:51 PM
Kemo

Lol that is true too. Why not run both classes? .15 and 21! Soon this truck will die out, and it will be remembered forever. I just need to keep mine in great condition.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:41 PM
SamP-51flyer
My Feedback: (2)

bottom line, if you like it kewl, if you don't fine, and once again I don't think anyone here really cares we will all stick to our own opinions
Old 06-02-2004, 09:45 PM
Kemo

I like it, its just the first thousand bucks you gotta spend to make it look better than everyone elses... now THAT is an accomplishment! Well not HAVE to, but you WANT it to look better .... mmm eye candy.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:59 PM
Dr.Weasel

ORIGINAL: tRaXx-aSs

BOUGHT MYNE FOR $165 and Almost nothing on it is stock i also got a electrick team assosiated buggy or somethin and a chassis with alot of .15's fuel tanks, controls, tires, wheels, speed controls, recievers,carbouraters and much more.
NO JOKE
What, did the guy need bail bond money or somthing???

The Doc.
Old 06-03-2004, 02:03 AM
RCautohouse

Yeah !
Old 06-03-2004, 02:27 AM
speed lives
My Feedback: (1)

I bash my T-maxx alot,,doing some nice jump of 4 - 5 ft high and i dont land it everytime and it crash bad sometime and i didnt break anything...
LOL, i found that funny, you jump 4-5 ft high and you said "sometime i dont break anything" I couldnt imagine breaking something jumping that low with my savage. I jump about 30ft high and i rarely break a thing.. Ive only broken my bulkbraces witch were 6$ to replace. Don't wanna start no arguements just couldnt resist.. I know some maxx guys are gonna be like yea right theres no way u jumped 30ft! Cause u guys are use to not being able to jump over 6 ft and stuff.
Old 06-03-2004, 03:41 AM
monst@r

30 feet? I think not. Back it up with some photos or videos. That's like jumping over a 2-3 story house .. And I only know of 1, which is Josh Cyrul jumpinh over the 1 story part of his house with a 1/8 buggy.
Old 06-03-2004, 08:43 AM
tzque

I just said to myself when does the tmaxx vs revo vs savage vs the everthing else post would pop up and here it is . I the sport maxx /emaxx&tmaxx and savage and I can say as many others have they are different . One of the places I bash at has a tree right next to the jump . I will never take any of the maxxes anywhere near it . My savage wacks it at least twice an outing . Both are great trucks . Nothing beats the Maxxes ease of use and starting , nothing beats the savage durabilty . My suggestion get one of each .
Old 06-03-2004, 11:09 AM
SamP-51flyer
My Feedback: (2)

I could prolly jump a 30 ft. object with some stiff enough springs and a perfect landing 2

^^^I like was was said Just above this post^^^

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.