Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
Traxxas T-Maxx
87.80%
HPI Savage 25
12.20%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

WHICH MT IS FASTER??????????

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 07:39 AM
JAMO33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHICH MT IS FASTER??????????

Well if you can't go by the HP numbers that the manufacturer gives you what should you go by when purchasing a motor? Most all motors are ABC construction with extra steps taken to ensure cool temps and the RPM's vary based upon engine size....so what should you look for when buying a motor? I am new in the nitro world and based my judgement on HP numbers. Enlighten me!

Tom
Old 07-14-2004, 10:49 AM
pooman07
My Feedback: (2)

Hey,Yeh i have the T-maxx 2.5 and it seems to be a lil better than my friends Savage he always seems to have problems with it either it wont start right or sumthings loose or something broke (ussually by the suspension area) and im always start up and running and ill run out of fuel before he starts that thing an then hes gotta warm it up and il b inside on theese forums well hell hes prob still out there now from last week (no) but i would suggest the T-maxx other than some disqualitys like alott of the undercarage plastic stuff they think they hide[>:] and the shox could be a little harder but theese things are nuthing really i mean ive had this truck for a year now and nothing has broke yet! so yeh i would suggest T-maxx 2.5.Out
Old 07-14-2004, 12:43 PM
dr_killer_uk

who gives a crap let just drive!
Old 07-14-2004, 05:43 PM
XxT-MaXxX

i have a t-maxx 2.5 and ive had it for over a year and a half and the only thing ive brocken on it is my bottom left a-arm and seeing all those decked out t-maxxs they look cool but all i have is rpm blue a-arms and i never break anything and i jump jumps that are as big as a house and it lands perfect everytime as far as being fats enought it pretty much flies compared to a savage in acceleration and top speed so i dont know what wrong with those other guys t-maxxes but they dont have it tuned as chessie3044 said [>:]
Old 07-14-2004, 08:30 PM
california_zephyr

Hey, i figured while we are on the topic of top speed, has anybody tried the gear assembly to make the maxx tranny a 3 speed. You can find it at the link below. I am thinking about getting it but i don't know if it is worth the hassle.

http://www.2coolrc.com/3speed.html
Old 07-15-2004, 05:54 PM
rccrazy232

i agree
Old 07-16-2004, 02:10 PM
schmism

<cough> gearing <cough>