Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

No Rumor..But The Maxx WILL Die Soon!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 01:51 AM
monst@r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: No Rumor..But The Maxx WILL Die Soon!!

ORIGINAL: Running_On_E

Ok time for my 2 cents.. and Yes keep the change..
I cant remember the last time i got passed by a savage?...
Not to mention the last time i saw a savage stay on the lead lap.. ( dont think ive ever seen that..)
Why is it that a T-Maxx can hold its own against a GS Storm SUV running a .26? with Panther Cheater tires..
Why is it that the top 3 spots always seem to have a T-Maxx.. or 2.. and never a savage..
and as far as the original thread goes.. T-Maxx will never die.. after the whole new toy on the block gets finished about the Revo
There will be a New T-maxx version. This is my prediction.!

The problem i see with the revo.. is its not able to be tricked out as well as the T-Maxx.. Its soo compact, designed for one thing Racing!
Have you heard of the two words, Driver Skill? It can make any truck look good.

3 top spots? Tell me some races. MGTs and TNXs lately have been filling the small block class. Slayden had a modified Revo at the Pro-Line Maxx Challenge '04, and guess what, 2 stock TNX's with only Bow Ties/Velocity Rims lost due to running out of gas.
Old 07-16-2004, 01:04 PM
Hummer Man

So are you saying HPI people can't drive.... Probably true LOL but lets not get into that!!! \
what was upgraded on the Revo at that race????
Old 07-16-2004, 07:17 PM
HondaCRX

[RANT]If your concerned with durability, and own a savage because you cat afford to run your T-Maxx, you need to do 2 things....

1. LEARN TO DRIVE!!! If you know how to drive, you wont need a MT that weighs 2x more than your thick hillbilly/redneck skull. I race my maxx, and I haven't broken a part on it in ~1 year/ +8 gallons of fuel (through a 2.5, take that 2.5 haters!)/ and 2 bodies, and still kicking!

2. GET A BETTER JOB!!! if you cant afford to maintain an R/C car, theres dreadfully wrong. Instead of changing oil at your local jiffy lube, with your 6th grade education, on cars that belong to bims who don't know what a spark plug is. Stay in school, go to college, AND GET A GOOD JOB!

And as for the HPI guys, they either have to stop being buttholes (if they wish to go to this forum), or stay in their own forum. thats why the admin made the individual forums for us MT guys, TO KEEP PISSING MATCHES FROM STARTING! And if they continue to demonstrate their sub-normal IQ levels, they should be banned.[sm=angry.gif] [/RANT]

So back to the subject, as long as there is a demand for trucks, and parts, there won't be an end for the T-Maxx in the near future. Don't forget the new Stadium maxx that traxxas just released, it would be pointless to release a new truck only to discontinue it before anyone can even get one out of the box![sm=spinnyeyes.gif] My father has a revo on order already, when he gets it, we will race and figure out which truck is better!
Old 07-17-2004, 01:06 PM
speed lives
My Feedback: (1)

[Why the hell is HPI on here? true, they are a good company, and their cars and trucks are good, but there are people who like the maxx more and u guys coming in here and saying all this stuff i think u guys should be in your own damn forum supporting your truck, not in this one dissing this truck. Also, while u guys are looking here, what is it with your bodies? they aren't long enough and it looks silly. the wheel wells are not far enough to be centered over the wheels. i mean, how hard would it be to make it what, an inch longer? i think u re-do the crapy body and u got a solid, good lookin truck.
Lol, i basicly came here to insult deandome not the t-maxx. I don't got nothing against the t-maxx its a better racer then the savage could ever be, I just got something against t-maxx owners (like deandome) that think the t-maxx is just soo perfect only breaks on user errors, and can never admit somethings better you know what i mean.

And as for the bodys, i think small bodys make it look like a real monster truck.. I think T-maxx and Mammoth bodys look kinda dumb, there bodies are way to big. Both those trucks bodys are unrealalistic, if they were on a real truck they would be a limazeene.

She's just a lil troll, Chessie, and I wouldn't be surprised if she's no longer here, i.e. BANNED!!! She has nothing to do with HPI, she just uses that in her screen name.

Shame, though....we need more girls in the hobby
Yea your right im banned. Dam i like don't post for a couple days and you think im banned? It's called having a life besides RCU and leaving your comp you nerd.

i reported his post about making out with traxxas employees.
Congradulations, you want a cookie? Well if i was a cry baby mommys boy id probly report you for spam. The most they could do is ban this acount and ill have to take 5 mins out of my time to make a new 1. Witch they probly would just give me a warning, cause tons of people have said that to t-maxx people and havent got banned.

Ok time for my 2 cents.. and Yes keep the change..
I cant remember the last time i got passed by a savage?...
Not to mention the last time i saw a savage stay on the lead lap.. ( dont think ive ever seen that..)
Why is it that a T-Maxx can hold its own against a GS Storm SUV running a .26? with Panther Cheater tires..
Why is it that the top 3 spots always seem to have a T-Maxx.. or 2.. and never a savage..
and as far as the original thread goes.. T-Maxx will never die.. after the whole new toy on the block gets finished about the Revo
There will be a New T-maxx version. This is my prediction.!

The problem i see with the revo.. is its not able to be tricked out as well as the T-Maxx.. Its soo compact, designed for one thing Racing!
Who cares about racing? Racings for nerds that take RC way to seriues and spend way to much time and money on the hobby. (Thats my opinion) But i guess theres nothing wrong with being a nerd is there? Bashing is for people seeking some exitement and want to have a good time. And yea the t-maxx is better for racing i never said it wasn't but if i was going to race theres way better options then a t-maxx like LST for example, but theres not a better truck for bashing then a sav. But if i was into RCs for speed i would get sprint car, so who cares if the t-maxx has like 2 mph on the savage on top end. The savage has better then the t-maxx, and acceleration is way more inportant.

So are you saying HPI people can't drive.... Probably true LOL but lets not get into that!!! \
what was upgraded on the Revo at that race????
Wow that was immature. Alot of t-maxx owners own savages too. Now that doesn't flow to well with what u just said now does it.

[RANT]If your concerned with durability, and own a savage because you cat afford to run your T-Maxx, you need to do 2 things....

1. LEARN TO DRIVE!!! If you know how to drive, you wont need a MT that weighs 2x more than your thick hillbilly/redneck skull. I race my maxx, and I haven't broken a part on it in ~1 year/ +8 gallons of fuel (through a 2.5, take that 2.5 haters!)/ and 2 bodies, and still kicking!

2. GET A BETTER JOB!!! if you cant afford to maintain an R/C car, theres dreadfully wrong. Instead of changing oil at your local jiffy lube, with your 6th grade education, on cars that belong to bims who don't know what a spark plug is. Stay in school, go to college, AND GET A GOOD JOB!

And as for the HPI guys, they either have to stop being buttholes (if they wish to go to this forum), or stay in their own forum. thats why the admin made the individual forums for us MT guys, TO KEEP PISSING MATCHES FROM STARTING! And if they continue to demonstrate their sub-normal IQ levels, they should be banned. [/RANT]

So back to the subject, as long as there is a demand for trucks, and parts, there won't be an end for the T-Maxx in the near future. Don't forget the new Stadium maxx that traxxas just released, it would be pointless to release a new truck only to discontinue it before anyone can even get one out of the box! My father has a revo on order already , when he gets it, we will race and figure out which truck is better!
Wow your the last 1 and im done lol.

1. Umm im a basher not a racer, i like to beable to hit jumps without my truck breaking sry. And if you havent broke a t-maxx part in 1 year you truely drive your truck like a *****. And if your gonna drive your truck like that u mys not drive it at all. Funnest thing about RC's is pushing your truck to the limit, not babying it and polishing it up.

2. Umm i got the money, but id rather not waste all my money on RC cars, Expesially when i could just buy a savage and not worry about spending money on it like i did do. And yea im only in 10th grade, its kinda hard to get a good job at this age. All good jobs you gotta atleast be 16, im only 15. Plus i make about 200$ every other week and thats plenty for me at my age. Maybe not if i had a t-maxx though, Id cost me like 500$ a week to fix parts. So yea your right i can't aford to maintain a t-maxx, i better work 2 jobs so i can waste all my money on fixing a t-maxx.

Yea man were "buttholes" are you like 7 and not aloud to say bad words?
Old 07-17-2004, 01:25 PM
entity
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

i understand the new and the old.. but just like any "classic" parts will be made and people will buy.. plus the parts start getting cheaper and cheaper... because of the demand... just like in the auto industy. the t-maxx won't "die" improvements will be made.. because of the other companys out there to compete with it and die-hards won't let it happen.. you don't sell x amount of t-maxx trucks and "forget" the customer .. otherwise.. people then will buy other trucks.. etc.... the first post is a bunch of junk.. don't worry.. and online and internet sales will soar even more if your local.. grandpa owned hobby shop do not want to carry the t-maxx or parts... total b.s. if you ask me.. and traxxass knows about the new "truck" on the market.. so dont' think that they will just sit back and let that happen.. give me a break!!!!...[>:]
Old 07-17-2004, 01:58 PM
aqualung

i think you guys should write shorter insults or just not say anything. we may have our own opinions but we shouldnt fight about it like children
Old 07-17-2004, 03:08 PM
HondaCRX

ORIGINAL: HPI Racing

Wow your the last 1 and im done lol.

1. Umm im a basher not a racer, i like to beable to hit jumps without my truck breaking sry. And if you havent broke a t-maxx part in 1 year you truely drive your truck like a *****. And if your gonna drive your truck like that u mys not drive it at all. Funnest thing about RC's is pushing your truck to the limit, not babying it and polishing it up.

2. Umm i got the money, but id rather not waste all my money on RC cars, Expesially when i could just buy a savage and not worry about spending money on it like i did do. And yea im only in 10th grade, its kinda hard to get a good job at this age. All good jobs you gotta atleast be 16, im only 15. Plus i make about 200$ every other week and thats plenty for me at my age. Maybe not if i had a t-maxx though, Id cost me like 500$ a week to fix parts. So yea your right i can't aford to maintain a t-maxx, i better work 2 jobs so i can waste all my money on fixing a t-maxx.

Yea man were "buttholes" are you like 7 and not aloud to say bad words?
Im going to be the EDUCATED ONE here and simply put it this way..... The only reason for putting down someone for the vehicle they drive is dick size envy

Now go and LEARN HOW TO DRIVE A DAMN RC CAR YOU DUMB N00B!
Old 07-17-2004, 05:18 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, this thread is getting out of hand.

Anyway, I'm sure the Tmaxx will be around for several more years, and it'll probably live in the aftermarket for many more. There are many companies that were founded simply by making aftermarket parts for the Tmaxx, and I'm sure they aren't interested in closing shop anytime soon. Traxxas has developed a new truck, that doesn't mean they will stop producing the old, as long as it sells.

Take a look at the Honda 250R (I know this is an r/c forum, but many here are also into motoX and quads). Production stopped on that machine some 15 years ago and still it is the most widely raced quad in sanctioned events. The reason is that Honda created nearly the perfect machine. It isn't the absolute best when it's stock, but with a couple aftermarket parts, it's still one of, if not THE best racing quad there is. Honda really shot themselves in the foot by discontinuing it, and they are far too late to be able to re-introduce it since the aftermarket has taken complete control of the 250R. You can still build a 250R from scratch simply with aftermarket support and that's what most racers do.

Traxxas invented a classic with the Tmaxx. In many ways it resembles the 250R. It's nearly (I said NEARLY) the perfect machine. With a little aftermarket support, the Tmaxx is as capable, if not MORE capable than anything else out there, and it will remain that way for quite a while. The reason being simple......It Works! It's a simple and highly effective design, and all the new inovations that Traxxas is trying, are just ways to build "the better mousetrap". In the end, it's the ability to remain effective that keeps a classic alive.
Old 07-19-2004, 06:51 PM
speed lives

Im going to be the EDUCATED ONE here and simply put it this way..... The only reason for putting down someone for the vehicle they drive is dick size envy
Where did that one come from personal experience?
Old 07-19-2004, 07:08 PM
HondaCRX

Wow your dumb! die plz.

Old 07-19-2004, 07:11 PM
Hummer Man

Nicely put LOL....
Old 07-19-2004, 07:18 PM
HondaCRX

Will a mod please close this thread? Thanks.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:53 PM
Kemo

HPI Racing

Oh yea your right im totaly jealus! I wish i had a t-maxx so i could spend all my money fixing it Thats just what i always wanted, spend 2000$ to make a t-maxx as durable as a savage. But your right ill never beable to afford maintaining a t-maxx
What you DONT know is that I have YET to break a Tmaxx part. I would happily take a T-Maxx over a savage anyday. Here in the open classes... Tmaxx finishes on top spot almost EVERYTIME! Savages are in the Bmain but rarely in A!

And if you don't have anything nice to say about anyone else, then dont bother posting it!
Old 07-20-2004, 02:01 PM
psycooclimber

cool vid hondaCRX. its the only thing that hasnt been beat into submission in this thread. but a mod wont close it because there is nothing wrong with it. it is not really a pissing contest like most savage-t maxx thread.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:04 PM
Kemo

yeah if we can keep (name not stated) from insulting everyone... and everyone from insulting (name not stated), this thread should be able to keep going.

i dont think the Tmaxx will die out, I just think that the Revo and the Tmaxx will both be popular trucks... but Revo with more of an edge.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:31 PM
HondaCRX

Dont forget the E-Maxx, unless they make something like an electric Revo (Evo?[&:]) they cant really afford to axe the maxx line of trucks.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:46 PM
Deandome

Sorry, but sales of new T-Maxx trucks are going to QUICKLY dwindle down to nothing, unless they drop the price by $100 or so.

There's NO WAY anyone would, nor SHOULD buy a Maxx over a Revo when the prices are only about $70 apart. Not only is the truck light-years ahead in sophistication, but it comes with so many new things that more than justify the price difference on their own merit: NiMH Rx pack, PEAK charger & a much better tool kit.

E-Maxx? Sure, why kill it until there's a new truck, but Traxxas needs to sell REVOS & recoup their R&D.

I don't think Traxxas is gonna officially kill it real soon, but I guarantee you that the SALES of new Maxxes are gonna drop to an absolute trickle...my god, who on earth would let such a small price diff. sway them to the Maxx when comparing them side by side??
Old 07-21-2004, 07:49 AM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Deandome

Sorry, but sales of new T-Maxx trucks are going to QUICKLY dwindle down to nothing, unless they drop the price by $100 or so.

There's NO WAY anyone would, nor SHOULD buy a Maxx over a Revo when the prices are only about $70 apart. Not only is the truck light-years ahead in sophistication, but it comes with so many new things that more than justify the price difference on their own merit: NiMH Rx pack, PEAK charger & a much better tool kit.

E-Maxx? Sure, why kill it until there's a new truck, but Traxxas needs to sell REVOS & recoup their R&D.

I don't think Traxxas is gonna officially kill it real soon, but I guarantee you that the SALES of new Maxxes are gonna drop to an absolute trickle...my god, who on earth would let such a small price diff. sway them to the Maxx when comparing them side by side??
While I wouldn't think twice about spending an extra $70 for the better product, the introduction of (and high sales of) the Sport Maxx shows that price does matter. Four wheel drive, 2 speed transmission, and reverse are sacrificed for a mere $60.

As for Traxxas having to recoup their R&D for REVO development, profits from both T-Maxx and REVO sales go into the same bank account. Why should they care if they make $100 profit from a T-Maxx sale or $100 from a REVO ($100 is only used for the sake of this discussion and does not reflect the actual profit per vehicle)? As long as the production tooling for the T-Maxx does not require refurbisment (repair or replacement), there is no real cost penalty running both. Seeing as they haven't leaked information on a new E-Maxx successor, much of the Maxx tooling needs to be run anyway.

Also, while the T-Maxx and REVO have an overlapping customer base, they are not the same. The race crowd is more likely to purchase a REVO and the backyard basher is more likely to go for a Maxx (assuming they are deciding on a Traxxas product of course).

A perfect example of an R/C manufacturer keeping an old product in production after several successors have been launched is Tamiya with the Clod Buster. It really has never waivered from it's original design. It has a similar cult following and aftermarket improvements as the Maxx.