Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

No Rumor..But The Maxx WILL Die Soon!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 01:43 PM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Rumor..But The Maxx WILL Die Soon!!

I have & love a Maxx. But ALL THREE of my LHSs have said they are NOT going to be ordering any more T-Maxx Hopups. Maybe some common replacements, but no actual upgrades.

Why? "THE REVO", of course. I guess they figure they can & will make a lot more money selling new trucks & new parts, and in order to do that, you know they'll hafta tell people walking in asking about the Maxx. "That's old news...we don't sell it or parts for it any more...have you seen the Revo??"

And it will work!!!

I don't think Traxxas is gonna necessarily stop production soon (though I'd be surprised if it lasts thru 2005), but the DEALERS are gonna kill it...by IGNORING it!!

Thank god for The Bay & E-tailers, but if any of you seriously think the T-Maxx is gonna keep it's dominence, I think you're deluding yourself with pride. The tree is diseased, the fruit on the branches are all that'll be available before it dies a slow, quiet death.

Dean
Old 07-15-2004, 01:48 PM
speed lives

Default RE: No Rumor..But The Maxx WILL Die Soon!!

but if any of you seriously think the T-Maxx is gonna keep it's dominence
It never did dominate.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:02 PM
Deandome

ORIGINAL: HPI Racing
Good dig, I'm SOOOO hurt

I would bet that more T-Maxxes were sold than EVERY OTHER MONSTER TRUCK ON THE MARKET......COMBINED in the last 4 years.

That's conservative...it's probby more like 5-10 X EVERY OTHER MONSTER TRUCK ON THE MARKET......COMBINED

Jealous much, Savage-boy?? I know HPI is
Old 07-15-2004, 02:14 PM
speed lives

Good dig, I'm SOOOO hurt

I would bet that more T-Maxxes were sold than EVERY OTHER MONSTER TRUCK ON THE MARKET......COMBINED in the last 4 years.

That's conservative...it's probby more like 5-10 X EVERY OTHER MONSTER TRUCK ON THE MARKET......COMBINED

T-maxx hasnt out sold savage in the past 2 year and thats a fact. T-maxx only out sold every monster truck on the market because 2 years ago it was the only monster truck on the market!

Oh yea your right im totaly jealus! I wish i had a t-maxx so i could spend all my money fixing it Thats just what i always wanted, spend 2000$ to make a t-maxx as durable as a savage. But your right ill never beable to afford maintaining a t-maxx

Edited out unnecessary bad language!
Old 07-15-2004, 02:15 PM
speed lives

Now i see why not alot of people like you in these forums..
Old 07-15-2004, 02:16 PM
Mxracer45

ORIGINAL: Deandome

ORIGINAL: HPI Racing
Good dig, I'm SOOOO hurt

lol HPI doesnt need too be Jealous. HPI makes plenty of sales. And is a better truck than the tmaxx. No doubt.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:19 PM
Mxracer45

Now go make out with some more traxxas employees you little stuck up ******
There's no need for that man, you dont even know him.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:26 PM
ThermalRD

Unless EVERY maxx owner switches to the Revo, they will be pissing off alot of customers. People are real quick to throw a fit in this hobby, or anything for that matter. If hobby shops stop pushing maxx stuff, its their own loss. There are always maxx trucks at every track i go to. I dont think Traxxas will discontinue that truck for a long time. Any LHS owner that stops carrying parts for it, are only upsetting customers, and losing money.

Matt
Old 07-15-2004, 02:27 PM
bamaracer0

even though they will not stock parts, they probablly could order one.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:37 PM
Deandome

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

Unless EVERY maxx owner switches to the Revo, they will be pissing off alot of customers. People are real quick to throw a fit in this hobby, or anything for that matter. If hobby shops stop pushing maxx stuff, its their own loss. There are always maxx trucks at every track i go to. I dont think Traxxas will discontinue that truck for a long time. Any LHS owner that stops carrying parts for it, are only upsetting customers, and losing money.

Matt
I totally agree. But I'm still gonna be going there for fuel/plugs/tires & stuff (and one of my LHSs is also my track!), so I know that eventually the new trucks are gonna wear me down to the point I buy one. Think "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"...they try to stay awake & alert, but eventually they nod off & become one of "them"

If I were a LHS, I would REDUCE my inventory of Maxx hopups significantly too (not eliminate!). But if you're a UE/Hardcore/Integy dealer, it'd be silly to keep lots of inventory, at least until you can read how things are gonna go with all these new trucks.

BTW, I feel for all the hopup MANUFACTURERS, too!! While they have been branching out to Savages/MGTs (and especially the Mini-T!!!), they musta been DEVESTATED when Traxxas announced the Revo. Not UE, though, as they have evolved far beyond a simple hopup maker...the SM has become it's own truck pretty much, and the new Razor really IS a new truck...and a kickass one to boot!

Dean
Old 07-15-2004, 02:38 PM
Deandome

Yeah, they all said that. But if you can wait that long, it's better to go mail-order!

ORIGINAL: bamaracer0

Old 07-15-2004, 02:39 PM
bamaracer0

ORIGINAL: Deandome

Yeah, they all said that. But if you can wait that long, it's better to go mail-order!

ORIGINAL: bamaracer0

true, and prolly cheaper.
Old 07-15-2004, 04:12 PM
california_zephyr

Why the hell is HPI on here? true, they are a good company, and their cars and trucks are good, but there are people who like the maxx more and u guys coming in here and saying all this stuff i think u guys should be in your own damn forum supporting your truck, not in this one dissing this truck. Also, while u guys are looking here, what is it with your bodies? they aren't long enough and it looks silly. the wheel wells are not far enough to be centered over the wheels. i mean, how hard would it be to make it what, an inch longer? i think u re-do the crapy body and u got a solid, good lookin truck.
Old 07-15-2004, 04:38 PM
Deandome

She's just a lil troll, Chessie, and I wouldn't be surprised if she's no longer here, i.e. BANNED!!! She has nothing to do with HPI, she just uses that in her screen name.

Shame, though....we need more girls in the hobby
Old 07-15-2004, 05:29 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

I DON"T CARE WHAT YOU HATERS SAY

Don’t you guys have better things to do then come here waste a thread and try to predict what would happen to the truck that millions of people love and appreciate, future comes fast enough, don’t worry.

REMEMBER!!!! Everything has its place, and everything has its uniqueness

Why do you people think if the Revo come out then its means the death of Tmaxx???
Old 07-15-2004, 05:36 PM
firstadam2k

so what u r telling me is the t-maxx is dead that sucks i just got mine its a sport maxx but hey i like it i have had some bad crashes
but it keeps me sane 2 hear that they will not keep any parts on hand sucks
the hobby shop near me is gonna start getting more stuff but still that bites
Old 07-15-2004, 05:43 PM
california_zephyr

omg...firstadam2k. seriously, do u read all the posts before u post. i agree 100% with the doc that we don't need these posts here. they waste time and space and i really don't think anybody cares. hell, i don't truely care, i just got mad when i saw HPI in here, but hopefully that person will be delt with [:@]
Old 07-15-2004, 05:58 PM
bamaracer0

i reported his post about making out with traxxas employees.
Old 07-15-2004, 06:04 PM
Running_On_E

Ok time for my 2 cents.. and Yes keep the change..
I cant remember the last time i got passed by a savage?...
Not to mention the last time i saw a savage stay on the lead lap.. ( dont think ive ever seen that..)
Why is it that a T-Maxx can hold its own against a GS Storm SUV running a .26? with Panther Cheater tires..
Why is it that the top 3 spots always seem to have a T-Maxx.. or 2.. and never a savage..
and as far as the original thread goes.. T-Maxx will never die.. after the whole new toy on the block gets finished about the Revo
There will be a New T-maxx version. This is my prediction.!

The problem i see with the revo.. is its not able to be tricked out as well as the T-Maxx.. Its soo compact, designed for one thing Racing!
Old 07-15-2004, 06:34 PM
california_zephyr

I think it would be cool for a t-maxx to come out with a bit bigger engine. maybe a .18? More power, but not too much. hell, why not a big block but i don't think it would be quite the right size engine for this truck. what do u guys think???
Old 07-15-2004, 07:16 PM
FlyingMist

For every hobby store that stops selling the T-Maxx and any upgrades will be another Hobby store that will continue to carry it as long as it's available. Any hobby store that decides to cut their own throats by indiscriminantly deciding to stop selling parts for the T-Maxx is obviously not a very good business model.

The amount of T-Maxx's out there already means that it's still a lucrative business to sell "hop ups", and have spare parts in stock. I dont believe that the Revo is going to make many people that have already invested in the T-Maxx run right out and buy a Revo.

Im really not that interested in the Revo, I really dont think there is all that great of an improvement over the T-Maxx, about the only thing that sounds interesting to me in the Revo is the transmission shifting.

Time will tell, but I dont think LHS owners are going to cut off a nice percentage of their income because they want to sell a few Revos.

But until the Revo's sales at the hobby store level surpases the T-Maxx then I still believe that shelf space will still be filled with T-Maxx stuff.
Old 07-15-2004, 07:37 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

ORIGINAL: FlyingMist

For every hobby store that stops selling the T-Maxx and any upgrades will be another Hobby store that will continue to carry it as long as it's available. Any hobby store that decides to cut their own throats by indiscriminantly deciding to stop selling parts for the T-Maxx is obviously not a very good business model.

The amount of T-Maxx's out there already means that it's still a lucrative business to sell "hop ups", and have spare parts in stock. I dont believe that the Revo is going to make many people that have already invested in the T-Maxx run right out and buy a Revo.

Im really not that interested in the Revo, I really dont think there is all that great of an improvement over the T-Maxx, about the only thing that sounds interesting to me in the Revo is the transmission shifting.

Time will tell, but I dont think LHS owners are going to cut off a nice percentage of their income because they want to sell a few Revos.

But until the Revo's sales at the hobby store level surpases the T-Maxx then I still believe that shelf space will still be filled with T-Maxx stuff.

AMEN
Old 07-15-2004, 10:52 PM
mugencivic

revo are so much more to and t-maxx do break so as long as there is t-maxx we will be buying parts for it
Old 07-15-2004, 11:37 PM
Conman

sure, the T-max will get phased out, but slowly and over time. They cant just drop off support for it overnight, there are way too many maxxes out there and still will be a demand for parts at least for a while. for example, i can still find all the parts i need for my '86 mustang 4-banger down at autozone. just my thoughts on the matter
Old 07-16-2004, 12:11 AM
psycooclimber

ok i have a few things to add about the economics stand point of this:

1. LHS dont make there money from the cars, trucks, and planes they make money from after market accessories. they only get maby a 25%-30% markup on trucks/cars but a 200% markup on parts they pay 1 dollar and sell for 3.

2. supply and demand, if enough people ask for it they WILL stock it. [hypothetical] if enough people ask for hot dog they will start stocking hot dogs.

if u disagree with this you might want to take an economics class and business management.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.