Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

The traxxass nitro stampede thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 08:47 AM
Rogersjetboat454

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The traxxass nitro stampede thread!

Not a problem. If your truck is still dying after the glow plug being replaced, you need to play with your carburetors tuning, so replace your plug in first, then if it still stalls you need to most likely richen up the mixture. If I were you I would get a couple of servo savers. and spares of the suspension parts, The front is what you will probably damage the most. Castor blocks, steering blocks, etc. A Spur gear and slipper pegs for the transmission. You can get diffrent size pinion and spur gears to change you gearing, and that will ether give your truck more torque or more top end. And obviously a couple of Glow plugs are always a must. I prefer the McCoy/Dynamite MC8 plugs, if you can get a hold of them. They do make suspension parts in Aluminum, which will be less likely to break, but may put stress in other areas. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:41 AM
ARD178

where do i get this stuff i bought the pede from amazon, but they do not have any spare parts, and ´what´s servo saver, jejej sorry
Old 02-18-2009, 10:15 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

www.towerhobbies.com is a great place to get stuff. Im pretty sure they will ship to you. The suspension arms are pretty tough, but definately get a couple extra spur gear, and glow plugs. If you do want to get better arms for the suspension, get RPM arms. They are plastic, but are very strong and have a lifetime warranty.

Your low speed needle may need some tuning to keep the truck from dying. Does it rev up and then die, or does it just slowly slow down and die? If it just slows down and dies, you may need to lean it a little on the LSN. If it revs up and then dies, you may need to richen the needle a little. Also, is your carb open enough at idle? You may need to open the carb a little more with the stop screw so that it is turning a few more RPM at idle.

I dont have a stampede, but i have a rustler which is very similar, and they are really tough little trucks for the most part. I also broke my body posts from an upside down landing, but i didnt have the body on. Might want to pick up some body posts if you jump it or roll it much though. I also broke the rear driveshafts and stub axles with the stock motor, so you may want to get a couple of those as spares.

Anyways, you have a pretty tough truck stock, so you shouldnt have a lot of problem from it

Good luck with it!
Old 02-18-2009, 10:44 AM
Rogersjetboat454

Like Cummins Driver said, Towerhobbies.com is a good source for parts. That is actually where I bought my truck from. You can always check out deals on ebay.com too, they have allot of hobbyshops that sell parts and and accessories on it. I also think you can order parts directly from Traxxas. You can e-mail them at [email protected] to find out. I have emailed them many times, and they always respond back quckly. The servo saver is what the front steering rods attach to, its the white plastic part that is screwed on to the steering servo. Its job is to protect the servo from getting damaged in an accident. It breaks to protect the servo from damage. Its Traxxas Part number 1844. Did your truck come with a parts list? This will help you figure out what the part numbers are for anything you need. If you don't have one, here is a link to the parts list at the traxxas website.
http://www.traxxas.com/PDF-Library/4109_parts.pdf
Old 02-19-2009, 08:04 AM
ARD178

thanks to both of you guys very helpfull information, i changed de glow plug and i put the one from the tornado that is broke at this moment, and the starting problems dissapear also the car became more reliable. at this moment the car it´s runing very good, next week i´m going to buy a new glow plug anyway, those i can find in hear. about the setting of the carb it dies sometimes when i go full throtle i am learning how to manage the carb step by step and everytime i run it goes better.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:11 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

If you are holding the throttle wide open and it dies, or starts to hesitat badly, then you most likely need to richen it a little.

Sounds like you are coming along though[8D]
Old 02-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Rogersjetboat454

Sounds good! Keep us posted as to whats going on. Just remember, you always want smoke coming out of your exhaust while you are tuning your carb, if you have no smoke then the engine is running too lean and it will overheat, and wear out quick! Good luck![sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 02-21-2009, 05:54 PM
bigb3576
My Feedback: (-1)

HELP!! i have a nito stampede and i cant find whats wrong with it, it starts fine and it runs when you lift the tires but when you put the wheels on the ground the moter cuts out its a 1.5 moter i put new fuel lines and a new filter in it but it didnt help,so please help me!!!
Old 02-22-2009, 09:17 PM
Rogersjetboat454

A few questions, How fresh is your fuel? Do you always make sure you put the cap on the bottle after your done refueling? Have you tried replacing the glow plug recently? Is the throttle stop on the carburetor set correctly? Have you checked to make sure that your cylinder head bolts are tight? Is the carburetor loose?
Old 02-25-2009, 07:33 PM
bigb3576

i just got new fuel, i always put the cap back on and i replaced the glow plug but im not sure about the cylnder head bolts,so ill check that.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:14 AM
ARD178

well now after half a galon of nitro the car still gives me problems to start, also it´s very difficult to tune the carburator. a few days ago i fixed the tornado xp and that chinese peace of crap it´s more reliable than the pede (i mean once you start it i does not die) i don´t understand what´s the problem with the car i enjoy driving it but now that i have compare i realized that it´s very difficult to run for more than half a thank with the pede whitout having problems.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Rogersjetboat454

What Percentage nitro are you running? How many turns out are you on the needle settings of your carburetor? Is your head bolts tight, and is your carburetor loose at all? When you broke it in, did you use the break in method Traxxas recommends, or did you do something else? Are you using a fuel filter?
Old 03-11-2009, 09:00 PM
bigb3576

its 20% fuel i broke it in by the book and the carb isnt loose at all no fuel filter the head bolts are tight but im not 100% sure about the turns ill check that
Old 04-10-2009, 12:34 PM
daddyman

whats the best motor for my nitro pede othan the 15 pro
Old 04-10-2009, 12:55 PM
Rogersjetboat454

Its really a matter of opinion, Daddyman.
Lots of people love O.S. motors, but there are other brands out there too.
It all comes down to how much you want to spend, and what your expecting from an engine.
I have a TRX 3.3 mounted to my truck, and my run time hasen't been so great, because I have been breaking things.
These trucks are pretty tough, but when you start putting more powerfull engines on, you start finding the weak links!
Something else you may want to consider, I have heard that the Pro .15 can be a screamer if you spend a little time with a dremel carefully porting it.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:18 PM
daddyman

thanks im leaning towards the os
Old 04-10-2009, 04:35 PM
absolutemayhem

i got a old nitro pede i gotta put back together,, only it neeeds is a rear tower.......
Old 04-14-2009, 09:23 AM
ARD178

ORIGINAL: Rogersjetboat454

Its really a matter of opinion, Daddyman.
Lots of people love O.S. motors, but there are other brands out there too.
It all comes down to how much you want to spend, and what your expecting from an engine.
I have a TRX 3.3 mounted to my truck, and my run time hasen't been so great, because I have been breaking things.
These trucks are pretty tough, but when you start putting more powerfull engines on, you start finding the weak links!
Something else you may want to consider, I have heard that the Pro .15 can be a screamer if you spend a little time with a dremel carefully porting it.

What did you have to change to put the 3.3 on the stampede, because my engine just got broke and i want to change it by a bigger one. and i like the 3.3 because you can find many motor used and with low prices.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Rogersjetboat454

ARD178, You can buy the engine conversion kit from Traxxas, part Number 4400 to put a 3.3 on your Stampede. It costs around 20-25 bucks, and you should be able to find some hobby shops on ebay that sell it. It includes motor mounts, exhaust header and tuned pipe. servo horn with diffrent throttle and brake linkage. And all the hardware you need. It will come with somewhat vague directions too.
I will give you the same warning that Traxxas gave me, this truck is really not ment to have a 3.3 on it. It is on the fringe edge of uncontrolable, and You will break things! You are probably going to want to upgrade to MIP shinny CVD's, and you will substantially shorten the time between transmission rebuilds, and spur gear life. It is also very difficult to keep the front wheels on the ground with this motor in. I have pretty much the closest set of gearing I can get, and the front wheels still lift at only 1/4 throttle once the motor goes up in to the higher end of its powerband. A wheelie bar is a must! I got my wheelie bar from a company called Neweramodels.com it is nice thick aluminum, and the wheels on the back can be moved to allow higher wheelies if you want.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:26 AM
ARD178

ORIGINAL: Rogersjetboat454

ARD178, You can buy the engine conversion kit from Traxxas, part Number 4400 to put a 3.3 on your Stampede. It costs around 20-25 bucks, and you should be able to find some hobby shops on ebay that sell it. It includes motor mounts, exhaust header and tuned pipe. servo horn with diffrent throttle and brake linkage. And all the hardware you need. It will come with somewhat vague directions too.
I will give you the same warning that Traxxas gave me, this truck is really not ment to have a 3.3 on it. It is on the fringe edge of uncontrolable, and You will break things! You are probably going to want to upgrade to MIP shinny CVD's, and you will substantially shorten the time between transmission rebuilds, and spur gear life. It is also very difficult to keep the front wheels on the ground with this motor in. I have pretty much the closest set of gearing I can get, and the front wheels still lift at only 1/4 throttle once the motor goes up in to the higher end of its powerband. A wheelie bar is a must! I got my wheelie bar from a company called Neweramodels.com it is nice thick aluminum, and the wheels on the back can be moved to allow higher wheelies if you want.
and if i want to put the 2.5 it´s less problems? i just want to replace the engine with a new one and i don´t want to buy the original one.

if i put the 2.5 i don´t have to buy the conversion kit?
Old 04-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Rogersjetboat454

ARD178,
If you use a 2.5 instead of the 3.3 you will have less problems.
You will need to get the engine conversion kit to install a 2.5 on your Stampede, the 2.5 and 3.3 both use the same throttle linkage, engine mounts, and both have the same exhaust.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:21 PM
wht92lude

I bought an OLD used stampede at a yard sale about 7 years ago( well my dad bought it for me). I don't know what year it was made, but it had a trx.12 on it. With that little motor it would pull nonstop wheelies, and it was very durable. I used to jump, wreck, and tear up anything in sight with that truck. Then one day I was running it and the motor just stopped, It had siezed up because I didn't know the air filter fell off mid-run. It had gooten a fair amount of dirt in the carb and scarred the cylinder wall pretty badly, causing a seizure. Still some of the best RC'ing I can remember. the only aftermarket part I put on it was an M.I.P. stinger exhaust pipe and header, the kind that turned a full 180* and the pipe went through the rear shock tower.......awesome.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Rogersjetboat454

The good old 360 stinger exhaust! Thoes were so much better than that rubber, twin tip piece of trash exhaust that, to this day, traxxas still puts on the stampede.
With the 360 the truck sounded better, built alot more power, and you didn't constantly have to go pick up the exhaust tips after they fell off that main chamber, and put them back on. The only gripe I had about the MIP kit was the fiberglass shock tower they gave you, it cracked in no time after a couple of hard rollovers.
At the time when I put the stinger on, I was at a trade school, and I had the kids in Machine Technoligy make me up a new rear shock tower out of aluminum on a CNC machine.

I don't know what has happened to ARD's Pro .15. But when my Pro .15 was in tune, with the 360 stinger, and an MIP boost bottle. It ran great, and It went pretty stinkin fast!
Old 04-14-2009, 04:05 PM
daddyman

i just orderd exstend control arms from new era modles for my nito pedei also want t get some 2.2 imex claw dawgs could some one please tell me wich rims to get for looks and that fit claw dowgs for a pede
Old 04-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Rogersjetboat454

I dunno Daddyman, rims to most people are as personal a choice as their religion, and who they choose for a political party to represent them.
If I were you, I would go to Towerhobbies.com, and check out what you want for rims.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.