Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

The traxxass nitro stampede thread!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 07:25 PM
fezntale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The traxxass nitro stampede thread!

Hey does anyone know where I can get a rear shock tower for a pede that works with the mip 360?
Old 05-14-2009, 08:07 PM
Rogersjetboat454

I think the 360 stinger shock tower was exclusive to MIP. Have you tried contacting them to see if they are still available? The other route you could consider is what I did, it wouldn't be a big deal for a machine shop to cut one out of aluminum, although I recomend that it be hardened aluminum, because the soft stuff I have bends fairly easily. You could try moding a plastic factory one, to fit, but it may weaken it.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:18 AM
The Stampede Man

Hi... I got a Nitro Pede for my birthday in march of this year,,, Its a really tough truck but just recently i hit a wall and broke the servo saver, steering connector, and the front left shock was all bent in half.. I'll get it back from my LHS in about 2-3 days.. I want to get new shocks, a-arms, wheels, and an exhaust.. WHat should i get for all of these and where.  Now,, the exhaust i want to get is the 360 stinger exhaust.. what does it look like and where can i get one, ive been looking and havent found one yet.. If somebody could tell me where to get the best hop-ups for my truck that would be awsome. When i get it back im gonnin make a vid on youtube of it so thatl be like sunday... My name DomBrown96 on youtube... Also, this is my first truck,,, gettin a new rock crawler soon.. what should i get... If u have an advice for me thanx because its my first truck.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:22 AM
Rogersjetboat454

Stampede man,
Everybody has their own preferences on everything, especially when it comes to how rims look, so its hard to say. If you want to go with aluminum parts a company called Neweramodels.com makes a bunch of different aluminum goodies for the Nitro Stampede. As far as shocks are concerned, you can spend a bunch of cash on aluminum or different length shocks. But In the end if your looking for better handling; changing your springs, spring spacers, and the weight of the oil in your shocks is going to make the biggest difference.

The 360 stinger was a 2 piece aluminum exhaust, with a pipe that came off the engine that had almost a 360 degree twist before it mated with the tuned pipe. To the best of my knowledge MIP (Moore's Ideal Products) stopped making the 360 stinger, and started focusing more on the other Traxxas monster trucks. You may still be able to find one out there though. Look for one NOS (new old stock) at a hobby shop, or on ebay. Or you can try to find a used one in good condition. Honestly though, You could also install a tuned pipe from any other manufacturer, and probably get the same results as the stinger. You may also want to consider getting whats called a boost bottle. MIP may still make these for that engine. It creates a vacuum reserve that helps the engine run better, and gives you a little bit more power. Good luck, and enjoy your Stampede.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:04 PM
ericg2000

just thought i'd post on this thread... maybe bring it back to life a little bit. i got a slightly used nitro stampede last month and love it. so far i've installed a rpm wide front bumper, venom micro fail safe, i dropped the body and installed a jato wheelie bar.

to drop the body, i used rustler body mounts... i cut the front posts 1/2 inch, and used the 3rd hole to mount the rear post. the wheelie bar was pretty easy... i removed the battery holder, drilled the holes for the wheelie bar, then mounted it and put it all back together. basically it mounts the same way as it would on a jato.

now, i am looking at possibly changing out the rear springs (after some more research) and eventually upgrading to a trx 2.5r engine and tuned pipe.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:11 PM
nitrostam
My Feedback: (1)

this is mine with
rpm
arms
axle carriers
spring holders
light bar
mip
metal drive shafts
red neck
blower
gas hole
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82796.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	1489821   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh21577.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	1489822   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns44927.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	1489823   Click image for larger version

Name:	At54636.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	1489824  
Old 08-26-2010, 10:54 AM
Rogersjetboat454

Egads! It's funny to see the truck with the dual exhaust tips still on! How many times have you had to go pick up the exhaust tips after they fell off during a crash?

Good looking truck though. The 2.5 will really make it haul the mail.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:26 PM
ericg2000

surprisingly i haven't had them fall of yet. i want a rear pipe, but i don't know what to get. the stinger 360 is out of production. traxxas makes a rear pipe kit too, but i've only seen one on ebay. honestly, i think i'm just going to keep it stock until i get the 2.5r.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:40 PM
Rogersjetboat454

Eric,
If you really want the stinger check Ebay right now http://cgi.ebay.com/Traxxas-Nitro-St...ntrol_Vehicles
A NOS in the package for 31 bucks plus 5.50 shipping. Not bad!
Old 08-26-2010, 03:02 PM
ericg2000

that pipe is actually on my watch list. i found it for $38, then it got marked down to $21 + shipping. i was going to get it at $21 but i wasnt at home at the time of that sale. when i got back to my computer, it had be marked back up. now i guess it's down to $31... i'm going to start watching it again daily and try to catch it at a lower price. thanks for the heads up!
Old 08-26-2010, 03:46 PM
Rogersjetboat454

It's too bad MIP discontiuned the stinger in the first place, even though the Nitro Stampede is still in production.

I guess you could caulk that up to demand. Traxxas probably only sells 1 Nitro Stampede for every 10 T-Maxx, revo, Jato, or Rustler they sell.
That all boils down to the fact that Traxxas has essentially done nothing for real upgrades to this truck since its inception.
They most likely just view it as the entry level monster truck on par with the Nitro Sport as an entry level stadium truck. Its a shame, the Stampede usta be Traxxas's "pit bull" of the monster trucks. Now a-days its looking more like Traxxas's Labrador
Old 08-26-2010, 04:35 PM
ericg2000

yeah, i know what you mean. compared to other traxxas models, there's not a lot of upgrades for the stampede. i still like the truck though.

i guess with the stats you posted (true or false) that would explain why this thread was dead lol
Old 08-26-2010, 05:09 PM
Rogersjetboat454

Yeah, its still a very likeable truck. Simple design and parts are dirt cheap.

The stats I posted are really nothing more than out of the air. But if you think about it, how many Nitro R/C enthusiasts are going to be running down to their LHS to buy a truck who's design is 13-14 years old? None! Unless those said enthusiasts are just looking for something cheap to beat on, they have no interest in the Nitro Stampede.

The Nitro Stampede's only market at this point is going to be first time hobby grade R/C buyers, or people transitioning from electric. And at this point with electric being as it is with brushless motors that will clean the clock of most entry and mid-level Nitros, those people won't be interested in buying something that goes slower, just because its nitro powered.

I have written this letter before, and I will write it again;

Dear Traxxas,

Please consider these upgrades to your venerable Nitro Stampede.
- A 2 speed transmission
- Reverse
- An upgrade to the 2.5 as the base engine.
- An optional upgrade to the 3.3 for stupid people like me. ( I already beat them to it, and installed one my self )
- An extended, more rigid chassis.
- A four wheel drive option would be nice, but I'm not expecting miracles here.

Signed,
Have it ready by Xmas
Old 08-26-2010, 05:18 PM
ericg2000

so you upgraded your stampede to a 3.3? how is it? i'm not scared of the power, i'm more concerned with it slowly destroying the rest of the truck. i don't think the build of the stampede is really capable of handling a 3.3, but i could be completely wrong and correct me if i am. that's why i plan on getting a 2.5r. i really want a revo 3.3, but this being my first nitro, i couldn't justify the money. and honestly, if i can beef the stampede up some, i'll be happy... for now lol
Old 08-26-2010, 05:28 PM
nitrostam

so you want a smaller t-maxx?
there not going to do that
ORIGINAL: Rogersjetboat454

Yeah, its still a very likeable truck. Simple design and parts are dirt cheap.

The stats I posted are really nothing more than out of the air. But if you think about it, how many Nitro R/C enthusiasts are going to be running down to their LHS to buy a truck who's design is 13-14 years old? None! Unless those said enthusiasts are just looking for something cheap to beat on, they have no interest in the Nitro Stampede.

The Nitro Stampede's only market at this point is going to be first time hobby grade R/C buyers, or people transitioning from electric. And at this point with electric being as it is with brushless motors that will clean the clock of most entry and mid-level Nitros, those people won't be interested in buying something that goes slower, just because its nitro powered.

I have written this letter before, and I will write it again;

Dear Traxxas,

Please consider these upgrades to your venerable Nitro Stampede.
- A 2 speed transmission
- Reverse
- An upgrade to the 2.5 as the base engine.
- An optional upgrade to the 3.3 for stupid people like me. ( I already beat them to it, and installed one my self )
- An extended, more rigid chassis.
- A four wheel drive option would be nice, but I'm not expecting miracles here.

Signed,
Have it ready by Xmas
Old 08-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Rogersjetboat454

Well like I said, the truck is for stupid people like me with the 3.3 installed .
I really did write Traxxas an e-mail asking them about putting a 3.3 on, they basically told me good luck. I'm guessing someone at Traxxas already tried it?

It's really overpowered with the 3.3. The first thing that went were my plastic eared stock axles.
With just a blip of the throttle once the engine was broken in, the plastic piece that holds the universal joint to the differential shaft came apart in a couple pieces.

I upgraded to CVD's, and I think the next thing that was going to go would be the diff itself. Maybe upgrading to the aftermarket aluminum transmission case would help keeping the gears from spreading apart in the transmission while under load?

As far as driveability, it was fun, but also a challenge. I ran the closest pinion and spur gear I could, and the truck would still be pointing to the sky once the engine got into its power band. Didn't really matter what you did with the throttle. I got rid of the battery box and installed a 5 cell NiMH receiver pack on the front body mount, hoping the weight change to the front would help. Not so! So at that point I threw a set of wheelie bars on it, to at least keep it from doing a back flip (most of the time).

She has been resting ever since, but maybe soon I will fire her up and try it again. The aluminum transmission case that I just saw on ebay was news to me, so If I do get her running again, I would probably consider building a transmission with one of those.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:46 PM
Rogersjetboat454

Hey, one can dream right?
I have no illusions it would happen, although a 2 speed W/ the 2.5 could be very do-able.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:01 PM
ericg2000

LOL that's why I won't do a 3.3 in it. The truck is too small. I've been told a 2.5r is good though. They all say the truck runs great with it. I need to study up on gearing. I think my next upgrade is traxxas alumnium turnbuckles. Then I want to start expirementing with the gears to boost speed some
Old 08-29-2010, 07:54 PM
rooker

Ericg that is a nice looking pede.  I have never seen one I liked until yours.  That lowered look really makes it look good. 

So from reading this thread, the pede is a truck something like the rustler.  I have a rustler I bought for my daughter.   Simple, more for beginners??  How do they handle?  2wd or 4wd?

Again, very nice looking truck.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:36 PM
ericg2000

ORIGINAL: rooker

Ericg that is a nice looking pede. I have never seen one I liked until yours. That lowered look really makes it look good.

So from reading this thread, the pede is a truck something like the rustler. I have a rustler I bought for my daughter. Simple, more for beginners?? How do they handle? 2wd or 4wd?

Again, very nice looking truck.
rooker, glad you like my truck. the stampede is a lot like the rustler and nitro sport. it's a entry level monster truck. it is 2wd and comes with the pro .15 engine (which i will be upgrading to a 2.5r). it drives nothing like a rustler. it will flip over easy if you aren't careful. basically slow down in turns and you'll be ok. it does pop wheelies, even with the pro .15. that's why i installed the wheelie bar. but now i gotta get used to that, when it's up on 2 wheels leaning on the bar, it tends to get a little wobbly.

i got this truck because the price, and i'm new to nitro and thought it would be a good truck to learn on. i really want a revo 3.3, but i'd be lost at my current skill level if i broke it.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:41 AM
Rogersjetboat454

Eric,

Don't be intimidated by the repairs, embrace them!

You weren't around in the days where almost every R/C car started off as a box-o-parts-n-pieces, and the guy who bought it had to assemble it.
That was me in 1998, when I bought an MRC MT-10M (my first hobby grade R/C). A Sophomore in high school putting this thing together on a work bench in my parents basement.
It took me 2-3 days to put it together, but when it was done, I knew every nut, bolt, screw, gear, Etc.

Traxxas was one of the pioneers who started the RTR and ARTR R/C.
It was nice for the really young hobbyist who may have a difficult time assembling something, but on the same token it took away from the experience.
When you put something together your self, you have allot more intimate knowledge of its inner workings, plus the confidence of being able to fix/troubleshoot it when it breaks.
Now that most things are RTR, all people have to really go by is the parts schematic. Even still, with careful attention to how it comes apart, it should be fairly easy to fix it. Of course you also have these forums to help you too.

Worst case is taking the pieces to your LHS to have them throw it back together
Old 10-09-2010, 10:38 PM
cool wach

I'm thinking about getting one of these but i've never had a nitro one. i've had a nitro airplane so is it any different. Does the stampede have reverse and how fast does it go?
Old 10-10-2010, 12:41 AM
Krazy Chicken

no reverse on the nitro stampede
Old 10-10-2010, 10:11 AM
cool wach

The number on it is 4109 and some places i've read says that that model has reverse so if really confused. The one i'm looking at is on towerhobbies.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Krazy Chicken

the only thing that i can find where it mentions reverse is for the servos. but that just changes the trigger direction

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.