Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo+Durablility or not?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 04:16 PM
MT RC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo+Durablility or not?

Exactly how durable is the REVOand how much ground clearance does it have? Im really want one but i cant decide between the MGT or the REVO. The revo i could race with but the mgt has more afeter market support so please help me out here! One more thing, can the revo bash in the woods (like over logs and stuff) casue the MGTs tires are bigger so they would be better for bashing. Im am soo stuck between the two. again PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE!!!!

MT RC
Old 09-08-2004, 08:09 PM
fastcrash

Default RE: Revo+Durablility or not?

well i cant tell you much about the mgt cause i dont have much experience with it. but i got my revo last sat. and im pleased with it. the revo comes with different rocker arms for longer travel, but i found both sets of stock springs to be a little to soft (there probably good on a track) some nice things about revo is unmached steering athaurity. 5- cell rechargable pack, and charger.
my only gripes:
1 e-z starter had a tough time with breakin. works fine now
2 1 way bearing took a crap.
3 broke one cheap part in the rear drive shaft(forget what its called.....a yoke or something)
Old 09-08-2004, 08:10 PM
fastcrash

oh and i think the revo will make a great race truck. thats why i got mine, my savage is too heavy to race.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:36 PM
MT RC

Thanks for the reply! Now im leaning a little more towrds the revo.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:17 PM
camra88

you have to remember that the revo just came out, so you wont see much after market support yet. Soon you will start seeing after-market parts start coming out for it...
Old 09-09-2004, 06:28 PM
bamaracer0

New era is already making a good bit of aftermarket stuff for the revo.

Stock ground clearance-4in. on middle setting. Can be lowered a bit, and raised a bit.

I made a review on mine, I'll find it in a minute.

Here it is: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_20...tm.htm#2086173
Old 09-09-2004, 06:33 PM
ThermalRD

New era already has parts, Hardcore racing already has parts, and im sure everybody and their brother will follow along. Come on, its a Traxxas. Aftermarket will be huge.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:24 AM
GoonieAsian

I have both revo and mgt. both are modded so far. i did most of the upgrades from assocaited on the bft. like the factory team brakes, chassis, side exhaust, steering, both aluminum shocks and shock caps, mip cvds, rpm arms, lunsford turnbuckes. and the engine starts up in one pull after priming it. The revo is modded a little bit as well. I installed the pull start right off the bat so i had no issues breaking in the motor. and now it has the progressive 3 rockers with lunsfords *** steering rods and pushrods. also threw on my own reciever right after i pulled the truck out of the box. the only thing i dont like about the revo is header. i have crushed it about 3 times now. but other than that both trucks are great vehicles. i would go for the revo
Old 09-13-2004, 01:26 AM
GoonieAsian

also i work at a lhs and i have tons of replacement parts including upgrades for the revo. from lunsford turnbuckles, to new era's aluminum and titanium bumpers, skidplates, and .21 medium block conversion kit
Old 09-13-2004, 03:01 PM
MT RC

Thats sweet. I would definately buy a .21 conversion. I think I may get thje Revo now
Old 09-13-2004, 03:06 PM
Mxracer45

ORIGINAL: MT RC

Thats sweet. I would definately buy a .21 conversion. I think I may get thje Revo now
I saw the revo at my lhs the other day. Very nice, but quite small. The size of a stadium truck with big wheels. If you wanna bash in the woods, go big. I say savage or MGT.
Old 09-13-2004, 03:57 PM
MT RC

Do you think the MGT will hold up or is it breakable?
Old 09-14-2004, 02:57 PM
GoonieAsian

My MGT holds up pretty well. stock motor fires up on one pull after priming. so far i got lunsford *** turnbuckles and hinge pins, factory team chassis, shock bodies and caps, brakes, steering kit, cooling head, RPM suspension arms and steering hub, and MIP CVDs all the way around. so it holds up like a champ
Old 09-14-2004, 07:48 PM
RC10GTBasher

also i work at a lhs and i have tons of replacement parts including upgrades for the revo. from lunsford turnbuckles, to new era's aluminum and titanium bumpers, skidplates, and .21 medium block conversion kit
how does the tranny hold up to the torque? or have u already replaced it with metal gears...? and for some of the small block .21's would i need to get the new era conversion kit?
Old 09-16-2004, 01:49 AM
GoonieAsian

i havent done the medium .21 motor upgrade yet. i was refering to them as what i have at my store. so far on my revo i only did the progressive 3 rockers and lunsford titanium pushrods and steering rods. also pulled the ez start out and replaced it with a pull start and using a JR reciever.
Old 09-16-2004, 09:16 AM
redheat8

Durability is a for the most part a very open question , alot has to do on how you run and take care of your equipment , I mean running into trees and walls is gonna require down time and repairs, even under normal conditions your gonna break things , those things are to be expected , I would be asking more about performance, handling, track record as far as consumer being satisfied with the truck, parts being avialable at the LHS, support for questions, Traxxas is great at that, Skill level is a big issue , just ask a bunch of questions and get answers, RED
Old 09-16-2004, 10:10 PM
RC10GTBasher

ok, thx... now all i have to do is do good in school and hope like hell my mom gets it for me!!![:@]
Old 09-17-2004, 09:11 AM
redheat8

Good Luck , Bro ,,,,, RED