Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

steering bad! WHY?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 03:42 PM
xtremraptor
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default steering bad! WHY?

i have a new traxxas s-maxx. and i seem to be having a serious steering problem. granted i am still new at this but when i turn the wheel the truck should turn, right? the only time it wants to turn is when the wheels are in the air. steering at the radio is pretty much useless.
i kno alot of people don't care for the traxxas servo and say "get the hitec 645". GOTCHA working on it.
i did play with the camber a little bit cause when it came it was all outta wack (i thought) i mean it looked like the tires wanted to just fold over. i believe i am at about -1deg camber(wheels tilt in right) to get there i had to make the pivot ball caps pretty tight though. i didn't overtighten them to the brink of stripping them but i did notice you had to make sure they didn't come out the back side (yes before it happened...WEW!!)

could this be TOO TIGHT? maybe adding too much drag to the ball.

should there be any kind of play in the fitting of ball to pocket?

i kno batteries play a big role too. so i went and got rechargable nihm's at radio shack. charged them fully for radio and truck and still having same luck. are these batteries that bad?
Old 11-23-2004, 03:52 PM
schmism

Default RE: steering bad! WHY?

yes you can over tighten the screws on the pillow balls createing drag.

I tighten them enough so there isnt slop in the knuckel but at the same time doestn create drag in the stearing.

good luck
Old 11-23-2004, 08:59 PM
maxx0619
My Feedback: (1)

dont tighten the caps too tight or you wont be able to turn at all. get your pillow ball adjustment right the just tighten the caps down to where there is no play in the cup and you should be good to go. rpm arms are a big help too. they hold the pillow ball adjustment well!!
Old 11-24-2004, 04:30 AM
xtremraptor
My Feedback: (24)

okay i went thru last nite and redid the pivot balls.

loosened them up nicely and they move quite freely now. i tightened them up till i just barely had no play. i think that's gonna help alot. was late when i actually got it done so i haven't tried to set camber yet or drive it. that'll be todays project