Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
Nitro Maxx series
32.95%
Revo
55.49%
E maxx
11.56%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Which do you like best?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 10:45 PM
supernova803

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which do you like best?

It all depends on break-in. The trx 2.5 will run like **** if you don't break it in properly.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:00 PM
EMaxxer05

I just never heard of the TRX Pro.15 running bad. The 2.5 seems to have a lot more problems. Iono.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:25 PM
supernova803

I got my trx 2.5 perfectly tuned today and runs like ummmmmm something really fast. The best mid range I have ever seen. As soon as it hits second it pulls the front end up. Kind of hard to control though, I need a roll cage.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:01 PM
allmaxxedout

i dont understand you e-maxxers...i mean i just dont get it....call me crazy but there is nothing better than a nitro rc monster truck...look at it this way, do real monster trucks have real engines with moving pistons??? YES! does the t-maxx? YES!.....nuf said.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:15 PM
EMaxxer05

Do real monster trucks have IFS and IRS? NO!!
Do real monster trucks LOSE to their electric twin brother in a torque pull? NO!!
Do real monster trucks even have "electric competition"? NO!!
Are real monster trucks built for speed? NO!!
Are real monster trucks built for TORQUE!!! YES!!! Something the E-maxx happens to have over nitro's.
"Nuff-said"
The only real simulated R/C "Monster trucks" are the Clodbuster and TXT1... Neither one are nitro!!
The Traxxas Maxx trucks and other IRS/IFS R/C trucks, though referred to as "monster trucks" are indeed NOT!!! Doesn't change my mind on owning one though. Just because they are the biggest in the industry doesn't give them the title of "monster truck".
Old 01-08-2005, 05:44 PM
allmaxxedout

well, i have to say that some people are just "the other way"...and thats just an oppinon on a t-maxx NOT being a monster truck. how come to get to this thread you have to click on "traxxas monster truck forum"????? huh? what? why do you think there isnt an electric monster truck to compete with?...cuz there wouldnt be any competition......btw, how come theres monster truck races and not torquw pulls? because monster trucks are fast as h---
Old 01-08-2005, 07:20 PM
cossie

fusion 70mph out of the box and 89mph wit the high speed gearing [>:]

ORIGINAL: supernova803

Well how about the schumacher fusion. 80 mph out of the box. NO electric can do that out of the box, NONE. I say a fusion with a gear up could take the speed record easily.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:56 PM
supernova803

fusion 70mph out of the box and 89mph wit the high speed gearing
Think of it. Supercharger, cold air intake, and maybe a wasp .28 or werks .30. Man, that would be fast!
Old 01-09-2005, 01:09 AM
EMaxxer05

There is no comparison between these scaled "Monster Trucks" and real life monster trucks. Sure these are the Monster trucks of the R/C world. But there is no comparison. No matter what way you look at it. Especially when you look a the specific feaures that come on each. :my2c:
Old 01-09-2005, 10:28 AM
supernova803

Who freekin cares anyway.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:10 PM
EMaxxer05

HAHA, that's halarious. Tell your 4th grade teacher I said hello when you get back to school tomarrow.
Cause believe me, I cannot count the amount of times I've seen monster trucks with IRS an IFS. Also, if these trucks are 1/10 scale and can go 40 mph. Does that mean that the real 1:1 monster trucks can do 400 mph? Like I said before. Tamiya has done the best job of duplicating a (scaled) monster truck with the TXT1. Who cares that it's electric.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:44 PM
camra88

What doe IRS and IFS mean?
Old 01-09-2005, 01:02 PM
EMaxxer05

Independent Front and Rear suspension. 1:1 monster trucks have solid axles front and back like the Clod and TXT1. This is all I'm saying. I'm not sure how we even got on the subject. Everyone just jumped my case when I mentioned all problems that the 2.5 has. I'm the one reading about the problems, not the one having them. I put up a vote for the E-maxx and the reason why I voted for it and boom!! Nitro this nitro that. I choose lightin' not ignightin' .. Sorry for having an opinion.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:28 PM
supernova803

Other people have an opinion too so they can say the E maxx sucks. You don't like the trx 2.5. Other people can have an opinion besides yourself.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Savage_Dias

lol!! I never thought I would see Maxxers arguing like this! E Maxx has torque. Can't argue with that. T Maxx has the ability to run long periods. Can't argue with that. Other than the power supply they're the same truck. Answer me this... Why don't we see more problems out of E Maxxes? I would guess that there have been fewer E's sold than Ts so that could explain it. Tuning a nitro engine, especially one as picky as the 2.5, is reason for plenty of threads. Why aren't there more "Which electric motor is best for my E Maxx" threads?

I'm new to the Traxxas forum. My name & avatar seem to be a good reason for me to get flamed for being in here. I've even ran across threads where people complained because I was reading in the forum. I wasn't posting. My name was at the top of the page & that was it! lol I didn't take it personally. Plus it was nowhere near what some people said about me in the LST forum. Some of them were pretty bitter but I can't for the life of me figure out why.

I'm voting Revo because I have more experience with it than the other two trucks. My friend has a T Maxx he bought from a guy we work with. It's durability hasn't impressed me. My Revo is still too young to pass many judgements but I like what I see so far & I know it would do way better than my Savage on a track.

While I'm thinking about it... Why hasn't anyone assembled a T to E or E to T conversion kit? I'm guessing you could get the parts from Traxxas but I'm sure they'd rather have you buy a whole new truck. Or what about a hybrid? That would be interresting....
Old 01-09-2005, 04:31 PM
porcelainvortex
My Feedback: (1)

lol you guys are funny.

i have all three of the traxxas monster trucks,
a revo and an e-maxx as well as 4 t-maxxs
as for which one is better, they all do thing different.
the revo is awesome for racing, the t-maxxs are awesome for bashing
and the e-maxx for running in the neigborhood so as not to pi** off the neighbors.
all i can tell you is it will be a cold day in he** before i give up any of them.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:37 PM
EMaxxer05

Enough E-maxxes have been sold for people to make posts about problems they are having. I honestly don't think the E has as many problems as the nitro maxx trucks. It's just easier to maintain and requires less matinence. That is what attracts buyers. Also, the reason you don't see too many posts about changig the motors on the E-maxx is because the Titan 550's are the most well suited motors for the machine. Most the time, people just go the whole 9 yards and get a brushless setup. People post about how their modified motors cannot handle the load like the Titans could. Personally, I do not mind when people from other forums (like yourself) /\ come in and chip in their 2 cents. It's when they come over speifically to bash the brand. I'm a proud E-maxx owner and Traxxas loyal buyer. I just get tired of the "batteries are for flashlights" comments that we receive for being electric users. Peace you guys.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:00 AM
allmaxxedout

the traxxas nitro trucks dont have as many problems as some people would think. and they arent at all high maintanence (IMO) it doesnt bother me to tune, clean, work on an engine, in fact i enjoy it. heres some cool pics for ya!!

Old 01-10-2005, 10:21 PM
TopDeadCenter

why argue? I like electric and nitro. It's all r/c[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 01-11-2005, 10:24 AM
BlindDude

Only ONE Thing I have to say to this funny thread..
BOB CHANDLER
Old 01-15-2005, 12:05 PM
N4sir

EMaxxer05 - "I shouldn't even waste my time argueing..." [sm=punching.gif]. I think everyone is entitled to find their own niche. I got mine, you get yours. Run out of gas? Squirt in some more and keep on goin'..............................Just get outta my way.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:53 PM
sandboy75

Lol Kinda funny guys.
Let me say this before I get started on this post.
I have helped to build a hybred suburban for Texas Tech.
I also helped to build a fuel cell truck for the same.

All in all gas power goes faster has more power and lasts longer then electric. This is known and proven in full size trucks.
If you think brushless is new I was useing it over 10 years ago. Its not new.

But there is two sides here you see a 2 stroke dosen't have the same power as a 4.
So when you get right down to it if you put together a RC truck with a 2 stroke your loseing your advantage.

In the RC world where its hard to make HP/LB electric rules.
If you want a RC that will outrun the world record holder go 4 stroke and kick his butt, or better yet go hybred and watch it all fly...

Me I like the revo and I'll tell you why. Duration.
I like the fact I can run a nitro for 48 hours nonstop all I have to do is pause to fill my tank and I'm back at it.
When they envent an electric that can do the same (ps I know how this could be done) I might buy it.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:42 AM
ryanvm777

I am new to this forum and its prety sad that people have to argue about who's truck is better. I am new to the RC world and I have noticed this vibe in variouse places. When I was looking and deciding what to buy: the T-maxx or E-maxx they both had there pros and cons. It will allways be that way. My decision was based on what was better for ME . I wanted a T-maxx for its top speed, but I live in Newport Beach, California and my neighbors would not listen to the T-maxx for 1 min. So what I did is I went with the E-maxx and made it faster than a T-maxx (brushless). Yes it does suck changing that batteries, but I have about 6 freinds that have nitros. Most of them are T-maxx. Its kinda nice when we are driving around and I can pull away from them and pull a wheelie at any speed and any gear. My truck does everything I want it to do with out getting the cops or life guard called on me. I can drive my truck all day and all night, as long as I feel like swapping the batt. out. I aggree with E-maxxer05 about the flashlight and other stupid coments. They dont bother me as much because I am new to RC. The main reason why it dosnt bother me is because my E-maxx is faster than than what ever nitro they have.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32268.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	217903  
Old 01-20-2005, 01:38 AM
camra88

holy crap... what kind of brushless setup do you have on that thing? is it running 18 cells!? My goodness..
Old 01-20-2005, 01:59 AM
ryanvm777

YES!! 18 GP3300 I purchased my brushless system from [link=http://www.rc-monster.com/]http://www.rc-monster.com/[/link] This truck would fly if I mounted wings on it. The motor is a Feigao 540 7xl with a Warrior 9918 Controller. If any one is thinking of going brushless I would highly recomend [link=http://www.rc-monster.com/]http://www.rc-monster.com/[/link] . Like I said I am new to RC and Mike at rc-monster knows his stuff. Customer service there has been great. He has helped me with any questions I have had. I just ordered the carbin fiber g-maxx chassis from him also. This should help keep the front end down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.