Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
Nitro Maxx series
32.95%
Revo
55.49%
E maxx
11.56%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Which do you like best?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 11:32 PM
supernova803

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which do you like best?

Which one is your favorite and why?
Old 12-31-2004, 01:24 AM
EMaxxer05

Default RE: Which do you like best?

E-maxx because of it's low-end gut-wrenching power, simplicity, low matinence, and with a respectable brushless system it cannot be touched by a nitro anything.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:27 AM
tmaxx_rallier

i picked the maxx series nitro i have had 4 tmaxxs and i am very pleased with there performence
Old 12-31-2004, 01:35 AM
Kemo

Tmaxx, nitro all the way. nothing beats having fun going full blast... then the truck coming to a hault cuz you got low batteries and your motor slows down
Old 12-31-2004, 01:41 AM
ronz
My Feedback: (1)

I would take either of the Nitros over the emaxx. Not that it is a bad truck but c'mon guys, battery powered monster trucks are for kids. Leave the batteries for the mini t.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:41 AM
GotCoffee66

Nitro! Got to love the smell, smoke, noise, power and cool factor of having a gas powered truck.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:48 AM
Kemo

The last two posts, i couldnt agree more
Old 01-03-2005, 04:48 PM
nitro fanatic

i would go with the revo who cares if the emaxx has more low end power ,the revo and tmaxx have enough power to pop a wheely and its still faster and ther is no way the emaxx can get enough traction to use a that torq
Old 01-03-2005, 05:01 PM
pritch

ORIGINAL: ronz

I would take either of the Nitros over the emaxx. Not that it is a bad truck but c'mon guys, battery powered monster trucks are for kids. Leave the batteries for the mini t.
That opinion is for kids. Big boys know torque = king [>:]

Not that I don't like nitro, I've had a Savage, but more cool? K, what's cooler on your street at night. An E coming out of nowhere with deathly silence, or a T noisily breaking wind all the way down the road [8D]

Think of it as a getaway car. In a nitro the cops would catch you from the noise, in the electric you would become one with the night. That's cool
Old 01-03-2005, 05:03 PM
pritch

ORIGINAL: nitro fanatic

i would go with the revo who cares if the emaxx has more low end power ,the revo and tmaxx have enough power to pop a wheely and its still faster and ther is no way the emaxx can get enough traction to use a that torq
And you need some new tyres
Old 01-04-2005, 08:53 PM
nitro fanatic

ORIGINAL: pritch

ORIGINAL: nitro fanatic

And you need some new tyres
i dont need tires i need "rims" big diffrence
Old 01-04-2005, 09:20 PM
Naim.F.C

To all those who prefer electric over Nitro.

HOW??? [X(]

The noise, power, grunt and realism of the Nitro's man!! Nitro is what seperates the men from the boys.
And one thing I've always hated about electric.

The damn batteries dying on you all the time.
Theres nothing like taking your Nitro truck (my savage) on a camping trip out to the woods and using it a whole day on and off without ever having to worry about 'charging'.
It becomes a member of the team and like us it just needs a little food (fuel) now and again.
You don't need a house or a generator to feed it!

I don't have a T maxx or a Revo, but from what I've read etc I'm going to have to go with the Revo.
I think people choosing the T maxx must be choosing it due to nostalgic reasons.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:34 PM
DarkSavageX

emaxx. torque
Old 01-04-2005, 11:09 PM
camra88

Emaxx. I dont care that the batteries have to charge. Its not like i have to tune the motors as well. Just plug and play. I'd rather be driving then tuning. I HATE the loud noise of a nitro. It pisses off all the neighbors. It stinks as well, and its so messy, its unbelievable. Fuel costs money, where batteries can just be recharged. just buy a few sets, and you can run for half and hour easy. Go brushless, man..... holy ****. thats a capability that the emaxx offers that nitros cant. You can argue about nitros running bigger engines, but i dont feel like getting into an argument about it. In my OPINION, i think brushless downright has better performance then nitro. Dont try and argue with me about it either, cuz i dont want to hear it. I like how nitro gives you better speed stock then electric, but its whats down the road that interests me. I can go brushless. The "Holy Grail" of RC.
When people say batteries are for flashlights... why is the fastest RC speed record held by an electric? Guess those nitros cant keep up with flashlight power...

I agree electric does have it downsides... such as downtime! [] But i dont care. I LOVE the performance electric gives me. I think its worth the down time to change/recharge its battery packs.

Again, i'm not trying to start an argument, i'm just expressing my OPINION.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:26 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

REVO, i like how it handles, i dont own one but driven one, i alos like the looks and the opti-drive
Old 01-05-2005, 03:46 AM
wjaw007

why is the fastest RC speed record held by an electric? Guess those nitros cant keep up with flashlight power...

I would have to say a brushless setup done up real nice would be fun but Nitro is where my heart is at. Personally I love tuning and tinkering to get it to run just right. The speed record by the way is not held by an electric it is in fact a nitro at over 200 mph. If you want to argue because it was on a teather thats fine i'll admit it but the fact still remains. Anyway with a new engin my tmaxx is as much fun as I can handle!
Old 01-05-2005, 10:43 PM
camra88

Only reason the teather car can go that fast because it isnt hauling around big, heavy tires, radio equipment, servos, and bulky parts like the maxx trucks. Also, teather cars arent RC. I said the fastest RC speed record was held by an electric.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:39 AM
JNS

that electric record you speak of was done with 24 damn cells genius.... and your running 6-12 BITE MAH for the same amount of money you'd dump into a brushless setup if i was to put that same money onto a nitro, it'd come out faster deal with it.... and like it or not ... performance batteries cost more than fuel, and they dont last forever...
Old 01-06-2005, 02:45 PM
EMaxxer05

Batteries are for flashlights?
Batteries are for kids?
Had those statements not been made, I might not be so frusrated. You guys got problems. I shouldn't even waste my time argueing why myself and others like the E-maxx more. I'll stick with camra88 on this one. Also, I get the torque to the ground quite well. Good enough to drag *ANY<ANY>ANY* nitro around. Who cares how many batteries the guy used for the RC speed record anyway? Electric holds the record right? I have yet to see it taken by a nitro. What you gunna do? Make a 4 engine T-maxx? One word > Brushless** Use your normal stick packs and put it to the nitros.
:my2c:
Old 01-06-2005, 08:50 PM
supernova803

Well how about the schumacher fusion. 80 mph out of the box. NO electric can do that out of the box, NONE. I say a fusion with a gear up could take the speed record easily.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:32 PM
EMaxxer05

Yeah, if it didn't fall apart first. The speed record has nothing to do with a T-maxx, Revo, or E-maxx. We really should have never gotten on the subject.
E-maxx = Gobs of Torque, 2 speed tranny, driver friendly, ~32 mph top speed (good batts), easy up-keep, clean running, almost 0 matinence, and can be run at night.
T-maxx = Not much torque (Nitro's don't), 2 speed tranny, 36.85mph top speed (RCCA), 2.5 motor (hear nothing but bad things about), challenging up-keep, and will get you a disrupting the peace ticket if ran at night.
Revo = Top speed of 37.13mph according to RCCA, nice racing suspension, 2 speed auto-shifting <(?) tranny, same troublesome 2.5, and can't run at night without neighbors *****in'.

I know nothing about the 2.5, but from a neutral standpoint, it seems like a handful to keep running. This is too loose, this need's tightening, this is leaking. The T-maxx and Revo can be built like a brick, but with that motor choking up all the time what is the point? E-maxx is "built like a brick" and has 2 electric motors that have received better reviews than aftermarket modifies. Not to mention one of the most advanced ESC's ever made.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:16 PM
supernova803

On an E-maxx you will only get 32 mph off 7 cell batteries, and t-maxxes have lots of torque. I just got an S maxx it has lots of torque.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:24 PM
EMaxxer05

Ok well in comparison to an E-maxx it doesn't have any. According to RCCA anyway. http://www.rccaraction.com/rc/articl...xas_emaxx4.asp
Old 01-06-2005, 10:31 PM
supernova803

Well it does. Have you ever owned a t maxx or sportmaxx? They will wheelie all day.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:42 PM
EMaxxer05

Friend has one and let me drive it. Granted it had torque, it didn't compare to the E. Top end speed was a plus. I'm just an electric guy. I don't like all the problems that seem to come with the TRX Nitro's. He still has it but doesn't have much time for the hobby, so it's collecting dust on his shelf. I try to bum spare parts off of him, but he doesn't let me. He sais "Well if I want to play with it, I don't want to be missing a part I need." So that was that. It's one of the old TRX Pro .15's. I cannot stand seeing posts where guys say "batteries are for flashlights" or "electric's are for kids" Those really light me up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.