Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

LST Vs REVO

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 03:30 PM
OferFisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LST Vs REVO

what do you say?
Old 04-12-2005, 03:47 PM
Bender101

Default RE: LST Vs REVO

I would say that the lst is better. It has a way bigger motor and really good radio gear. If you can afford a lst I would get one. Also why would you put this in the traxxas forum?
Old 04-12-2005, 04:03 PM
ruffian

I've had both. Revo hands down. Unless, you want to be constantly fixing things. If you do get the LST. The LST is a fun truck but the unreliability of it has forced me to sell it! Not that the Revo is without faults. I've had the brake and slipper pads fall off. 1 broken motor mount. 1 broken rear wheel bearing and have developed some slop in the rear axle carriers. I don't bash just race at the track but it's a pretty rough track. The LST breaks a-arms like nobodys business. Every time out I break one it seems. This will usually take out either a shock shaft or axle/drive shaft. The hi/lo gear screws up all the time. I put in a FOC and that seems to be fixed. The plastic diff cases are junk. Mine were cracked day one in break-in. So aluminum is a must. I'd replace them before your first start. The tank leaks badly. I had to remove the plunger and seal the tank. I'm not a horrible driver... on the LST most of the stuff broke with ease. All in all you will always be working on either truck. My Revo has proven to be very reliable though and has had no continuing problems with the same part.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:13 PM
nicholsm04
My Feedback: (-1)

ORIGINAL: Bender101

I would say that the lst is better. It has a way bigger motor and really good radio gear. If you can afford a lst I would get one. Also why would you put this in the traxxas forum?
hahhahah obviously you havent done ur homework. First off, the lst is powered by a .26, the revo a .25. So only one size down.
secondly.. the lst weighs about twice as much as the revo... making the power to weight ratio a lot worse than the revo's. Ok so the LST does have some advantages.. big bore shocks. thats the only one i see, however the revo has a good deal more of travel, and can be used for both bashing AND racing. Also, the revo has had VERY VERY VERY few bugs right out of the box, the LST is supposedly breaking out of the box for most people.

All im saying is, before you make a statement, please do your homework and a little research.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:46 PM
fantomas
My Feedback: (3)

First off, the lst is powered by a .26, the revo a .25. So only one size down.
2.5 not .25... sorry but thats a big difference
Old 04-12-2005, 09:27 PM
nicholsm04
My Feedback: (-1)

lol ya typo. But the LST still lacks the incredible power to weight ratio that the revo has.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:16 AM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nicholsm04, you should do your homework as well. The LST has a .26 engine compared to the Revo's .15 engine, meaning that the LST's engine is nearly twice the size of the Revo's engine. Thats many steps larger than "one size down". After the .15 comes .18, .21, .23, .25, and finally .26. So it's 5 sizes down actually.

The TRX 2.5 (.15) is rated at 1.2 HP in a 9 pound truck, while the Mach .26 is rated at 2.75 hp in a 13 pound truck. The Revo has .13 horsepower for every pound, while the LST has .21 horsepower for every pound. That means that the LST's power to weight ratio is 1.6 times higher than the Revo's power to weight ratio.

Nearly every aspect of your last post was wrong.

The LST doesn't just "break out of the box" like you said. Just like every other truck, you still have to run into something for it to break. It doesn't just fall to pieces when you pick it up.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:35 AM
Will239

well said, please revise what you are going to post before you do.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:39 AM
kidswift

I have a REVO and my friend has a LST and I smoke him on and off the track even WOT down the street and he has only had his for a week and has replaced a lot of things but hes not a very good driver either but he rolled it over on the street and broke two a arms i rolled the REVO over WOT and it just scratched the body didnt break anything
Old 04-13-2005, 02:43 AM
jefx

That may be true. Given the fact that your friend has only had the LST for a week means he probably doesn't have it tuned very well either. When both trucks are properly tuned, the LST is simply quicker.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:57 AM
OferFisher

thank you everybody. I read every thing that you wrote and one word...... REVO
Old 04-13-2005, 06:19 AM
Will239

i have a revo and the 2.5 suprisingly has a lot of punch!
Old 04-13-2005, 06:23 AM
Bender101

ORIGINAL: Will239

i have a revo and the 2.5 suprisingly has a lot of punch!
Will it ever pop a wheelie? The only thing I don't like about revo is that the shocks are soooooo soft.
And if you are going to say it has alot of punch you should try a .25 or .26. Another reason why I don't like revos are because they are so small and can't run over much. Anyways his real descision should be based on what he is doing. If you are going to bash and race get lst. If you are only going to race get a revo.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:05 AM
OferFisher

At the end I am getting the revo with the RB TM323... great engine I have it on my t-maxx....
Old 04-13-2005, 08:00 AM
overrev

Don,t buy the LST. I own both the only thing good about the LST is the radio IMO. mike
Old 04-13-2005, 08:46 AM
travisxp

i have had my revo for 2 months now and race with marders which are 26cc i leave them at the start but they get me on the long flats all i have had to change is the wish bones to ally thats all
Old 04-13-2005, 10:16 AM
tristy

my revo wheelied with the 2.5r no problem now i got a rb 323 halfway through break-in. The 2.5 is a great little engine plenty of punch and low end. my lhs keeps a revo, lst and any other monster truck he has and keeps one for spares. The lst only has the chassis and tranny left for parts and the revo has practically everything it comes with left on. My point bein if the lst is so great why does it keep on breaking parts like no tomorrow? He has sold the same amount of revo's as lst's. personnely i would walk over a lst for my revo IMO
Old 04-13-2005, 12:01 PM
allen0622

we'll just have to wait and see what Losi and Associated can do with their next generation of MTs I guess, I mean look at the leaps and bounds Traxxas made going from the T-Maxx to the Revo. I know I can't wait to see what's in store.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:03 PM
jefx

The Revo is an impressive truck, I seriously thought about buying one, but I did't want to get trapped into the small block thing again. After owning big blocks, the TRX 2.5 just doesn't have enough power for my liking. But dropping a big block into the Revo is gonna mean future rebuilding of the drivetrain, and I already went through that terrible (and expensive) experience with my Tmaxx.

ORIGINAL: tristy
my lhs keeps a revo, lst and any other monster truck he has and keeps one for spares. The lst only has the chassis and tranny left for parts and the revo has practically everything it comes with left on. My point bein if the lst is so great why does it keep on breaking parts like no tomorrow? He has sold the same amount of revo's as lst's. personnely i would walk over a lst for my revo IMO

See that puzzles me. My LHS has sold almost identical numbers of each truck as well, somewhere in the mid 50's for each. They have a pretty good selection of Revo parts on the wall and in the showcase, while the LST parts are in a small box behind the counter. I have asked them why, and they said that they just don't sell enough LST replacement parts to have it's own section.

Of all the trucks me and my bashing buddies have, the LST is the only one that can be pounded on all day without breaking. So it's odd for me to hear all this talk of the LST being brittle. It's the most reliable and durable MT I've seen yet. Over in the LST forums, the majority of people who own both the Revo and LST prefer their LST's, but admit that the Revo is fun and pretty tough.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:50 PM
fantomas
My Feedback: (3)

Will it ever pop a wheelie? The only thing I don't like about revo is that the shocks are soooooo soft.
add 50 wt oil in the shocks and go with stiffer springs.. most rtr shocks are always to soft for my taste. and yes the stock revo will "pop a wheelie".
Old 04-13-2005, 04:55 PM
hotchi1

ur killin me with ur misunderstanding.[sm=drowning.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=redface.gif][sm=redface.gif][sm=confused.gif]
ORIGINAL: nicholsm04

ORIGINAL: Bender101

hahhahah obviously you havent done ur homework. First off, the lst is powered by a .26, the revo a .25. So only one size down.
secondly.. the lst weighs about twice as much as the revo... making the power to weight ratio a lot worse than the revo's. Ok so the LST does have some advantages.. big bore shocks. thats the only one i see, however the revo has a good deal more of travel, and can be used for both bashing AND racing. Also, the revo has had VERY VERY VERY few bugs right out of the box, the LST is supposedly breaking out of the box for most people.

All im saying is, before you make a statement, please do your homework and a little research.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:31 PM
rscharp

ORIGINAL: jefx

Nicholsm04, you should do your homework as well. The LST has a .26 engine compared to the Revo's .15 engine, meaning that the LST's engine is nearly twice the size of the Revo's engine. Thats many steps larger than "one size down". After the .15 comes .18, .21, .23, .25, and finally .26. So it's 5 sizes down actually.
Sounds like he got caught in Traxxas's advertising ploy of saying it is a 2.5 engine. 2.5=Cubic Centimeters and .15=Cubic Inches. Most engines state their displacement using the Cubic Inch scale. Traxxas used this to their advantage (cant blame them) and called their engine a 2.5, hoping newbs (nich) would confuse the decimal point and system of measuring displacement and assume it was a .25 cubic inch engine.

Does that mean my 4.6 CC engine is a .46 Cubic Inch engine? NO. Is it easy to confuse when you're new to the hobby? YES.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:31 PM
Will239

im not saying the revos 2.5r is faster than a big block, i just think it would be faster than the lst (BB + heavy truck). It just seems to pull so hard throughout its power band.

There have been people dropping .26's into their revos with no problems except for keeping the wheels on the ground
Old 04-13-2005, 05:45 PM
jefx

ORIGINAL: Will239

im not saying the revos 2.5r is faster than a big block, i just think it would be faster than the lst (BB + heavy truck). It just seems to pull so hard throughout its power band.

There have been people dropping .26's into their revos with no problems except for keeping the wheels on the ground
The TRX 2.5 is a powerful mill for it's size. It's a truely impressive small block engine, especially for being stock. But the LST just has the obvious edge on the power to weight ratio thing. It's just a fact. The LST may weight 4 pounds more than the Revo, but the LST's engine is also more than 2 times as powerfull. A stock LST is almost uncontrolable on high-bite surfaces, it just flips itself straight on it's lid every time you punch the throttle.

The TRX 2.5 does in fact pull pretty hard for it's small size, but once you have your hands on a large displacement big block, you'll see what it really means to "pull so hard throughout its power band".
Old 04-13-2005, 05:56 PM
jbuck
My Feedback: (2)

See that puzzles me. My LHS has sold almost identical numbers of each truck as well, somewhere in the mid 50's for each. They have a pretty good selection of Revo parts on the wall and in the showcase, while the LST parts are in a small box behind the counter. I have asked them why, and they said that they just don't sell enough LST replacement parts to have it's own section.
My LHS has the exact oppisite, the have all of the LST parts and almost no Revo parts. At first I didn't like the LST but it is growing on me now. I will have ot spent more time with it to recomend it though. I can recomend the Revo though, I have had one for about 6 mo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.