Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

Maxx Gasser Build Notes (Gas S-Maxx Conversion) Pics, Vid

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Maxx Gasser Build Notes (Gas S-Maxx Conversion) Pics, Vid

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 07:14 PM
R3 Team
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Maxx Gasser Build Notes (Gas S-Maxx Conversion) Pics, Vid

From where did you order that piece ... I like it and defenetaly perform better from what I have build .... !!!

And yes you are right about using the stock muffler ... Got to cut open the chassis to much ...

The only reason I had to change it was because my clutch did not align whit the transmission >.< otherwise I would have left it

Old 10-30-2011, 08:25 PM
nexzzt

I got it from an Australian based ebay store and it was only $10 AUD, which is about the same in USD these days: [link=http://stores.ebay.com.au/Predator-RC?_trksid=p4340.l2563]Predator RC[/link]
I just checked and he doesn't have another one, but when I receive it I will post any info I can about it (eg: brand name and part numbers etc.) so it can be found.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:06 PM
R3 Team
My Feedback: (10)

Sounds good .... Thank you ... And by the way !!! Do you have pics of what you building or have build ... !!! ???
Old 10-31-2011, 05:21 PM
nexzzt

There are a couple in my gallery, and some posted back a few pages in this thread. I also have some pics at the following link: [ul]
http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/a...Maxx%20Gasser/
[/ul]

They are a bit out of date, I swapped to a new Talon motor after the Echo motor in those picks died on me. I got the Talon to fit and work, but it came with a carb that didn't have the high and low needles, so couldn't be tuned. It also has a non standard bold pattern for the carb so I couldn't fit another carb to it. In the end I got annoyed with it as it's too bulky, and couldn't be tuned so I bought a 2nd hand FG motor which I am in the process of putting in. I will be using your idea for the exhaust as part of the set up.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:14 AM
nexzzt

Hmm, received the order today, but the header didn't come in it's own packaging, so I don't know the brand etc. Sorry