Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

glow plugs for revo?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 05:00 AM
zimzalahbim
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default glow plugs for revo?

my buddy just got his revo yesterday, been waiting for it to show up in the mail for 40 days! anyhow, the glow plug that came in the engine is toast after breaking in the engine, so i threw in an O.S. A3 plug, but the plug wire from the wire harness will not fit the plug. can i just jam a screw drive in the opening, or do can you only use traxxas plugs, or is there another very available brand that fits? thanks
Old 05-29-2005, 09:38 AM
Delta_Dude12

Default RE: glow plugs for revo?

Every brand will fit ther pretty much universal. But O.S. mad a plug specifficallyy for the Traxxas engines and I have been using it for a while and works great. It is called the [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGPL6&P=7]LC3 Long Reach[/link]
it says T-Maxx but will work on all engines.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:47 AM
c_thomas01

I had the same prob. I use a insulated aligator clip. When I first put it on I figured it would come off all the time and it hasnt come off once,been running it for 3 months.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:11 AM
Delta_Dude12

What I did was I took the blue wire off and just bought a glow igniter. The battery in your easy start will also last longer because it dosen't have to ignite the glow plug. In my opinion its alot easier than using the blue wire. But if you want just take a needle nose pliers and grab the wire and put it on the glow plug. Hope this helps.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:02 PM
helidreamer-RCU

Is the chris chianella Q plug good as a T-maxx and Revo Replacment Plug and will the blue wire fit on it? I think EZ start should be called PLEEZ Start, but i'm just too lazy too take it off right now
Old 05-29-2005, 02:09 PM
Delta_Dude12

Yeah it is a pug that will work. But I suggest using the O.S. LC3 like I suggested earlier.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:52 PM
zimzalahbim
My Feedback: (8)

thanks
Old 05-29-2005, 10:03 PM
helidreamer-RCU

Yeah it is a pug that will work. But I suggest using the O.S. LC3 like I suggested earlier.
Thanks