Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

New T-Maxx owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 12:57 AM
NewKid
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New T-Maxx owner

I picked up a Gen1 T-Maxx from ebay auction ended yesterday here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1 since i can't take pics yet

and then i also bought this just in case the original motor doesn't run properly: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1 $111 shipped for complete package...brand new motor...id say it's a deal what about you guys?

I am going to get the wider suspension arms and updated shafts soon for this baby

Old 09-15-2005, 08:45 AM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: New T-Maxx owner

It's a decent deal because it looks like it comes with the header, pipe, coupler, motor mount, e-zsart, clutch, clutch bell, flywheel...basically all of the good stuff. the header and pipe won't be any good for you on your maxx, but you can always sell them.

i just picked up a 2.5 r for $75, but it only came with the pipe and header from a revo (I slapped the revo pipe onto my rusty, and will probably sell the header (which shouldn't be hard since revo owners seem to break a lot of headers)
Old 09-19-2005, 02:38 AM
NewKid

cool yeah i was saying the same thing....that i need new header/exhaust....also just picked up a rusty i am thinking of going trx 2.5 in it....lol don't know yet though
Old 09-19-2005, 07:13 AM
TOCCHET_92

welcome to the t-maxx familiy and go rpm when you go with the wide suspension you won't be sorry.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:12 AM
NewKid

what about the proline sus? is that any good? i know that rpm is pretty darn unbreakable so i'll prolly go that direction but I dunno yet
Old 09-19-2005, 02:04 PM
More Juice
My Feedback: (44)

you got a pretty good deal on that used max. how is it running?
Old 09-19-2005, 06:30 PM
NewKid

haven't gotten it in yet...had to pay via mo...so i should prolly get it later this week or early next week...which sucks...I am going to hope it runs swell but if not i already have the trx 2.5 and all the neccessary stuff to upgrade the engine...next is wider sus. and shaving some weight
Old 09-20-2005, 05:23 PM
rcmaster123
My Feedback: (3)

sweet i remeber when i got my first maxx, i bought it from my neighbor for 100.00 bucks drove it till it puked then sold it back to him for the same price.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:53 PM
schmism

I have a 1st gen max with the proline wide arms. If found them to be virtually indestructable. Ive bent numerous hing pins, a front bulkhead, severly bent my AL front skid plate so many times ive forgent, but the arms have held up.

If i had picked up a narrow 1st gen max id defintaly go with the proline kit again. I also HIGHTLY recomend the proline stearing kit as its MUCH better than the stock set up.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:46 AM
NewKid

nice yeah i am hoping to get my carbon chassis and stuff for it soon can't wait to lighten up the truck...and make it an all out basher