Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-Maxx Transmission Adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 08:43 PM
Zedicus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Maxx Transmission Adjustment?

Quick question can you adjust the speed the transmission on a Maxx engages at? & if yes, How?
Mine only engages at the mid RPM range and i'm wanting to see if I could get it to engage at a slightly lower RPM to save on fuel a little.

Thanks.[8D]
Old 11-29-2005, 12:22 PM
D0G
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: T-Maxx Transmission Adjustment?

There is a little Prawl or 'shoe' that is attatched to the Primary gear, when it reaches a certain RPM it engages, just like 2nd gear, however there is no adjustment when the Tranny is installed, you have to take the Tranny apart, and UNSCREW the screw that holds the prawl in, littlerally just a HAIR, very slight turns, like 2nd gear, its the EXACT same concept as 2nd gear adjustment is. It could also be your clucth bell, or slipper clutch, so not to say you havent checked, but check to make sure your slipper engages when you want it to, as well as your clutch shoes before you start to mess with the inside tranny set-ups. I had to take my tranny apart aprox 5 times before I got my tranny to engage when I wanted it to. So dont get discouraged, if anything you will get good and fast and installing the tranny..lol
Old 11-30-2005, 07:12 PM
Zedicus

Not the clutch, the spur spins at quite high rpm's before the tranny engages....
Old 12-01-2005, 10:07 AM
maxximum_overdrive

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

or you could just da a foc...........tis eliminates that adjustment.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:35 PM
Zedicus

Plan to do that when I Upgrade the Engine to a .18TM, but today when driving in the snow I ran into a odd problem that progressively got worse.

The transmission is slipping, it dosnt appear to be the clutch as the spur is freewheeling right up to full throttle and the transmission is not engaging.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:19 AM
Dil

tighting your spur gear up a bit, or the rubbers in the spur gear could be worn out, try replace then
Old 12-04-2005, 02:43 AM
Zedicus

nope, tuned out I burnt out the Clutch, the spur was just reverse frewheeling when the clutch would let go, was easy to overlook.[&:]