Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

T-Maxx Transmission Adjustment?

Quick question can you adjust the speed the transmission on a Maxx engages at? & if yes, How?
    Mine only engages at the mid RPM range and i'm wanting to see if I could get it to engage at a slightly lower RPM to save on fuel a little.

Thanks.[8D]
    RC10 T4 Factory Team; Airtronics MX-3 75MHz (inc Receiver) & SS5800 Brushless.
    Generation 1 T-Maxx (90% Stock)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: T-Maxx Transmission Adjustment?

There is a little Prawl or 'shoe' that is attatched to the Primary gear, when it reaches a certain RPM it engages, just like 2nd gear, however there is no adjustment when the Tranny is installed, you have to take the Tranny apart, and UNSCREW the screw that holds the prawl in, littlerally just a HAIR, very slight turns, like 2nd gear, its the EXACT same concept as 2nd gear adjustment is. It could also be your clucth bell, or slipper clutch, so not to say you havent checked, but check to make sure your slipper engages when you want it to, as well as your clutch shoes before you start to mess with the inside tranny set-ups. I had to take my tranny apart aprox 5 times before I got my tranny to engage when I wanted it to. So dont get discouraged, if anything you will get good and fast and installing the tranny..lol
    \"Stop Laughing, I think I broke Something\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Not the clutch, the spur spins at quite high rpm's before the tranny engages....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

or you could just da a foc...........tis eliminates that adjustment.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Plan to do that when I Upgrade the Engine to a .18TM, but today when driving in the snow I ran into a odd problem that progressively got worse.

The transmission is slipping, it dosnt appear to be the clutch as the spur is freewheeling right up to full throttle and the transmission is not engaging.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

tighting your spur gear up a bit, or the rubbers in the spur gear could be worn out, try replace then
    I Could\'nt Fix Your Breakes, So i hooked up a loud Horn

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

nope, tuned out I burnt out the Clutch, the spur was just reverse frewheeling when the clutch would let go, was easy to overlook.[&:]