Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Traxxas Revo & Snow

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 10:15 AM
Goldwing-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas Revo & Snow

I've been thinking about getting into trucks; has anyone ever run the Traxxas Revo in snow? Anything to watch out for? how much snow can it navigate?

Thanks,

Sheldon
Old 12-14-2005, 11:25 AM
snoking16

Default RE: Traxxas Revo & Snow

make sure and water proof all your electronics and it should be able to do ok in 4 inches of snow
Old 12-14-2005, 12:01 PM
D0G
My Feedback: (1)

If it can power through the snow, you will be allright. There are a few threads on the Snow/Water topic and you will get many different opinions..lol
I myself just Silicon Any and all cracks with a few layers, let dry, and do it again. havent had any issues, just take extra time to be sure your battery and Receiver are sealed in good.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:06 PM
WAXDUMMIES

Here is one of my old posts on the subject, just an opinion...

Cold temps can be bad, especially during break-in. The engine, I feel, needs to get around at least 200 degrees for the piston and sleeve to wear into each other properly. If its to cold, the metal doesnt expand. What happens is the engine will seem fine until spring rolls around, and things start heating up, the engine will run like poop cause of all the wear.Traxxas doesnt recommend temps cooler than 35 degrees, (1-2 celsius, I think). Something else about winter is the snow. Ive seen many folks jack thier electronics because they got snow in everything, took their rig inside and sat the truck near the furnace.The snow melts and works its way into crevices.I dont care if Traxxas does have the nice little radio boxes or not, water will eventually find a way to screw up something.
My advice, run the truck on the temperate days (above freezing) and come summertime, youll be glad you made that decision. [sm=wink.gif]
Old 12-14-2005, 01:09 PM
D0G
My Feedback: (1)

Except that During Winter, on the Above freezing days, there is a TON more water then when its below freezing. To Each thier own, there is definate care needed to be taken before you run in the winter. But its not something you CANT do.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:40 PM
nicholsm04
My Feedback: (-1)

You can easily run in the snow, just make sure that you cover the electronics with something. I put saran rap around my servos and optidrive system, and I went through about 8 inches of snow, no problem.

I punched through a snowbank by the way i love my revo.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:06 PM
cchrider

Just like they said make sure your electronics are good. You can run all kinds of trucks in the snow, revo,savage,tmaxx, just make sure everything is safe for when you get water or when the snow melts.
cchrider
Old 12-15-2005, 03:23 PM
dr_jones__

A friend and myself just ran our Revos in the snow last Saturday. It was a great time! When we were done, they looked like big snowballs with tires. It was funny as hell!

We spent a little time before hand putting all servos, receiver, optidrive, etc. in balloons that we bought at Target. Worked like a charm, and cleanup was a lot easier running in snow than running in the dirt all day. Just make sure you take a hair dryer and dry it out VERY well...get into all nooks and crannies. You don't want any water anywhere.

Have fun!
Old 12-18-2005, 08:15 PM
bjbigdog

i always run mine in the snow . its all stock except for paddles on the rear. i also took out the front drive shaft. it want to dig in alot with the 4 wheel drive, as for my electrics i think traxxas did a good job sealing them up i have not had any problems. you will have a blast in the snow.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80455.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	372400