Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

jumping tips

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 09:20 PM
Indecline099

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jumping tips

i see alot of monster trucks end in really bad landings after taking a jump, what are some tips to help me land away instead of cartwheel away and end up with broken parts

when approaching the lip of the jump do i lay off the gas or keep accelerating, thanks
Old 12-27-2005, 09:48 PM
smaxx4life

Default RE: jumping tips

when u enter near the lip of the jump, let off the gas a little bit if you are trying to stay straight in the air
in the air, hit the gas, and it will pull the nse up, hit the breake and it will pull the nose down

just practice at it, and you will get better
Old 12-27-2005, 09:59 PM
kgoings

Jumping is all about motion. If you are accelerating when you leave the face of the jump the front shocks are not compressed and the rear are...hense you will have a situation where the front wheels are rising. If you are declerating when you leave the face of the jump i.e. letting off the throttle the front shocks will be compressed while the back shocks will not or be in the process of rebounding..you will have the back end of the truck rising over the front. If you go over the face of the ramp with even acceration or the best thing is just having momentum..not accelerating or declerating you should fly straight.

In the air it is about gyration..(sp) if the wheels are spinning faster then they were when you took off the back end of the truck will come under the truck (or nose will rise) and if they are going slower (brake tap) the nose will drop.

Also for a good landing you should land on the gas. This takes some of the downward compression and makes the force more lateral so the shocks do not have to take the whole beating.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:10 PM
1Nightrider1

today when i went to the bmx track( first time bashing my revo) i just sped up when i went off a jump and it landed perfectly.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:56 AM
WAXDUMMIES

This guy could not haven given you any better advice... This is how you jump.
ORIGINAL: kgoings

Jumping is all about motion. If you are accelerating when you leave the face of the jump the front shocks are not compressed and the rear are...hense you will have a situation where the front wheels are rising. If you are declerating when you leave the face of the jump i.e. letting off the throttle the front shocks will be compressed while the back shocks will not or be in the process of rebounding..you will have the back end of the truck rising over the front. If you go over the face of the ramp with even acceration or the best thing is just having momentum..not accelerating or declerating you should fly straight.

In the air it is about gyration..(sp) if the wheels are spinning faster then they were when you took off the back end of the truck will come under the truck (or nose will rise) and if they are going slower (brake tap) the nose will drop.

Also for a good landing you should land on the gas. This takes some of the downward compression and makes the force more lateral so the shocks do not have to take the whole beating.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:01 AM
cchrider

I usually just keep on the throttle when I hit the jump and I usually land just fine. And it you hit the jump straight than your truck should go straight and probably land easier. Not that great of advice, sorry!
cchrider
Old 12-28-2005, 03:09 AM
nicholsm04
My Feedback: (-1)

Well, it doesnt really matter how you hit the jump, so long as you know how to compensate for your hit on the jump in the air. If the front wheels are up, apply the break, if the back wheels are up, give er some gas. Thats all you really need to know.

Its all about the momentum of the wheels, thats what makes these things flip & such.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:19 AM
cchrider

Yea, I am trying to get the guts to try a backflip. It sounds really easy, is it really that easy?
cchrider
Old 12-28-2005, 10:25 AM
1Nightrider1

its not that easy. i tried yesterday on the bmx track and tried every thing to make it flip. still trying to figure it out. i no whut all u said and i have tried it . this is the only thing i got of bashing yesterday
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15530.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	376805  
Old 12-28-2005, 10:37 AM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont land on the throttle with a revo, youll blow diffs like crazy. been there done that...personally i like leaving the ramp under full throttle and either keep it pinned for a back flip, or tap the brakes to level it out and fly straight. you get much bigger air doing it that way, i guess it all depends on what kind of jumping your doing, speed, or big air. i like big air!
Old 12-28-2005, 11:08 AM
nitroracer20

alot of it has to do with how much lip the jump has when you try backflips. Look at revopqrs video and you will see how much lip his jump has. Thats the perfect backflip ramp. Try to find somthing thats has lip and you should be able to do the bf's no problem
Old 12-28-2005, 12:03 PM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya, ive been messing with different types of ramps. ive found that its best to put the majority of the curve before 3/4 to the top of the ramp, it needs a little flat before takeoff. if the curve goes all the way to the top of the ramp it will make ya do an uncontrollable front flip if you hit it too fast. it kicks the rear of the truck as you leave the ramp.
heres a side shot of my new ramp. (to show the curve)
Old 12-28-2005, 02:56 PM
plaidfish

Damn Revo you can set that up against a wall and do wall rides......
Old 12-28-2005, 03:15 PM
piccorevo

ORIGINAL: WAXDUMMIES

This guy could not haven given you any better advice... This is how you jump.
ORIGINAL: kgoings

hear hear
Old 12-28-2005, 04:08 PM
d2cs2mdw
Banned

Good luck cleaning that Revo....:P
Old 12-28-2005, 05:17 PM
fhriley

Applying a lateral force to a vertical force doesn't not affect the magnitude of the vertical force.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:00 PM
nicholsm04

ORIGINAL: cchrider

Yea, I am trying to get the guts to try a backflip. It sounds really easy, is it really that easy?
cchrider
Not too hard, but not easy.

When you leave the jump, just keep her pinned... and pray that the jump was big enough to get it all the way around

thats what i do

worsk for me..
Old 12-29-2005, 12:59 AM
wounsel

I found that to take off straight and level it really doesn't matter if you hit the ramp going at an angle, but what really matters is that your truck is not bouncing around or tilted. i had a dirt jump and i tried to build a graveyard for the jump but my grave yard was uneven so the truck would flip over sideways in the air. once i leveled the area in front of the ramp the truck did fine.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:07 AM
nicholsm04

yah dirt jumps are difficult if they are uneven lol
Old 12-29-2005, 07:00 AM
stilllost
My Feedback: (3)

im not sure doing bf's are possible w/ the 2.5r. don't get me wrong it might be possible but w/ the jump i have it wasn't possible to make full rotation. there might be a few here that have w/ 2.5r but very few if any. just dont have the ponies. once i got my tm323 in there and after breakin i did one i did a perfect one. now that i got them dialed there no fun. but when i get xmas paid off and get the parts bin full again in the spring ill be going for doubles.

having a steep ramp like pictured does help. the ramp i have is only 24" high and 48" long and has a slight lip. this same ramp was and is before the 323 and after the 323 getting my revo in the 9+ feet range
Old 12-29-2005, 10:25 AM
TM323

stilllost maybe I one of the few, but the 2.5r to me does back flips a little better than my RB maybe it has to do with how much of a run way you have before the jump. And what I mean by better is easier to control

Maybe it is different in the T-maxx and my ramp is only 12" tall skate ramp
Old 12-29-2005, 11:29 AM
moorek550

iv done many back flips with a stock maxx, could be from the help of my jump though
Old 12-29-2005, 05:08 PM
nicholsm04

ORIGINAL: stilllost

im not sure doing bf's are possible w/ the 2.5r. don't get me wrong it might be possible but w/ the jump i have it wasn't possible to make full rotation. there might be a few here that have w/ 2.5r but very few if any. just dont have the ponies. once i got my tm323 in there and after breakin i did one i did a perfect one. now that i got them dialed there no fun. but when i get xmas paid off and get the parts bin full again in the spring ill be going for doubles.

having a steep ramp like pictured does help. the ramp i have is only 24" high and 48" long and has a slight lip. this same ramp was and is before the 323 and after the 323 getting my revo in the 9+ feet range
I had no problems pulling backflips with my stock 2.5R.

Just have to know what you're doing.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:23 PM
Diesel_Fuel_Only

From my limited jumping experience, I'd say it really depends on what kind of ramp you're using. If you have a ramp that stays pretty flat and sends you off only about a foot off the ground, keep the throttle where you left it and you should land ok. If you have a ramp that is very tall with a steep curve, then you will probably need to use your throttle/brakes in order to land correctly. Usually with this kind of ramp you have enough time to correct your mistakes before you land on the ground. Just practice on a soft surface maybe with some leaves. I just started jumping my E-Maxx I got for Christmas, and it only took me 2 or 3 trys to get the landings pretty good.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:17 PM
jokerplaya

i was at athe motocross track today and i had the golden horizen wheelie bar on tried to land from jump to landing ramp and the bar got ripped off by the lip of the landing ramp but i have no problems at all doing flips with my s maxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.