Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

TMAXX 40 series tires 23 mm hex hubs....wheels wobble

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

TMAXX 40 series tires 23 mm hex hubs....wheels wobble

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 04:31 PM
kgoings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TMAXX 40 series tires 23 mm hex hubs....wheels wobble

I got some proline bowties and the 40 series rims, along with the 23mm hex hubs. My tires wobble kinda. Is this bad and what can I do to fix it.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:53 PM
SlowDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TMAXX 40 series tires 23 mm hex hubs....wheels wobble

If you've tightened your rim down properly there shouldn't been any wobble between the rim and carrier. Assuming these are new rims and tires, check to be sure you installed the tires to the rims squarely (roundly?), and that the foam is also seated properly. If you didn't it'll appear that your rims are wobbling when they are not.

When I seat my tires to the rims I roll the tires (installed in the rims) in my hand a few times, applying light pressure. This helps get everything centered before gluing.