Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

My TMaxx dies at idle.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 04:33 PM
kgoings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My TMaxx dies at idle.

I have the thing tuned well it runs right around 260, but when it is warmed up it will stall at idle and then be tough to start. Do I have the lowspeed too lean?...too rich. It kinda idles down and then dies...or do I have the idle too low.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:57 PM
SlowDriver

Default RE: My TMaxx dies at idle.

Engines will die on idle if they're overheating (high-speed too lean). Otherwise it does sound like your idle is a little low. Did you tune your low when the engine was cold? Cold, my engine idles a little high, but calms down when it gets to temp.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:16 PM
BigRed350

Are you running the 2.5 if you are then they are notorious for hard tuning and not idleing. Most of the time to keep it running most people just make it idle high but then it will be jerking.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:27 PM
nitroracer20

you may have your hsn too lean and be over compensating with having the lsn too rich, c ausing it to rev from high to low when you put on the breaks.
To solve it richen it up on the hsn 1/8 of a turn and lean the lsn 1/8 of a turn and go from there.
Good Luck