Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T maxx or S maxx??

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 10:25 PM
twistr
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T maxx or S maxx??

I am not new to R/C, but new to cars/trucks. I have been flying aircraft since May of this year. I want to get my 11 year old son a good r/c truck for christmas. I first thought the sportmaxx, but I'm told by my LHS he may not be able to get it by Christmas, and Tower shows in Dec for the truck too. Therefore, I decided on T-Maxx, but have seen lots of reviews about parts breaking on it often. What about the S-Maxx? Will it be a good vehicle for my son? I realize all r/c is going to have maintenance, but I want to spend more time driving than repairing.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:32 PM
xtremraptor
My Feedback: (24)

Default RE: T maxx or S maxx??

i have an s-maxx and the two are basically the same. although i really like the S-Maxx i do wish i had spent the extra to get the T-Maxx. T-Maxx has 4WD and REV. big plus. i am still new to the RC car thing too. so my driving sux. i wish i had the reverse since i just bash around the dooryard anyways. but i got a rev mod on the way and converting to 4WD soon too.

if you can afford the t-maxx i would recommend that!!
Old 11-20-2004, 03:53 AM
Dr. Krass

Yeah, the T-maxx is just a hopped-up version of the S-maxx. The chassis parts are almost all exactly the same, so the durability of the two trucks is essentially equal. Just teach your kid not to drive into curbs/trees/parked cars/brick walls, and there shouldn't be any breakage problems. [8D]
Old 11-20-2004, 07:37 AM
xtremraptor
My Feedback: (24)

not to drive into curbs/trees/parked cars/brick walls, and there shouldn't be any breakage problems.
huh!!! think that would help me too[sm=bananahead.gif]

i kno i am looking forward to ALOT of broken parts
Old 11-20-2004, 05:48 PM
05mustang

i have a t-maxx and i got it for my first nitro. it's a great truck and ive beaten on it pretty bad and have only lost a body pin and cracked the body(from landing upside down). i would reccomend that rather then the s-maxx cause the t-maxx is 4x4. really, its up to you.
Old 11-20-2004, 05:52 PM
TGreg24

well i will be purcasing a s-maxx soon, but i intend on using it for racing only. if ur son is not racing the the tmaxx is a better bet. and if u can afford around 500. total with everything u need then u could get the traxxas revo which is thee best traxxas truck and second best truck overall out of all companies.
Old 11-20-2004, 07:10 PM
Kemo

ORIGINAL: Dr. Krass

Yeah, the T-maxx is just a hopped-up version of the S-maxx. The chassis parts are almost all exactly the same, so the durability of the two trucks is essentially equal. Just teach your kid not to drive into curbs/trees/parked cars/brick walls, and there shouldn't be any breakage problems. [8D]
Throw on some RPM plastics and you are curb/tree/parked car/brick wall proof... if there WAS breakage... free replaced parts
Old 05-12-2009, 03:49 PM
cartucho365

i have a question to everyone in this forum!!! to make my s-maxx 3.3 4x4 can i just get the front differential and the driveshaft or do i need to do other modifications to the transmission?? do i really need to buy the 4x4 conversion kit???
Old 05-12-2009, 07:36 PM
kiddioo

That's what the conversion kit is.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:21 PM
BigDen2.5R

The 4wd kit found [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0095P?FVSEARCH=5191X&search=Go]here[/link] contians a diff, front center shaft and drive shafts to the wheels. The instructions are [link=http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitro/maxx/smaxx5109/blueprints/manuals_instr/030423_4WD_module.pdf]here[/link]. It looks like an easy job,, good luck.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:34 AM
NY DIRT

Spend the extra $$ and buy the Revo 3.3 You will not be sorry...!!