Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Broke the Receiver Antenna on tmaxx

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 10:36 AM
ChevyM14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broke the Receiver Antenna on tmaxx

I broke my Receiver Antenna on my tmaxx and I cant seem to find one to replace it. what shood I be looking for?
Old 03-06-2006, 11:04 AM
TWERPA
My Feedback: (19)

Default RE: Broke the Receiver Antenna on tmaxx

Go on tower hobbies.com search for antenna's,if I remember correctly it sells for 2.00;it's made by futaba hope this helps
ORIGINAL: ChevyM14

I broke my Receiver Antenna on my tmaxx and I cant seem to find one to replace it. what shood I be looking for?
Old 03-06-2006, 02:54 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

If your only looking for the wire I just solder in some new antenna wire I had laying around to the correct length of the original.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:55 PM
schmism

I wouldnt splice the wire. instead just solder a new one on at the reciver and cut to the right lenght. any antena wire will work just cut it to aprox the right lenght
Old 03-06-2006, 10:00 PM
Trick440

I heard the antenna lenght matters a few times. I don't know though... mine got torn just about in half. I used some 18g wire that I pulled from a piece of thermostat wire... wire nut'ed it to the left over antenna piece and it works farther than it ever has.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:13 PM
SlowDriver

You shouldn't splice your antenna. But as long as the new antenna is longer that spec for your receiver you should be fine.

I think you should bend a coat hanger and solder it on there. If it's stiff enough maybe it'll keep you from flipping over?
Old 03-06-2006, 11:24 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

ORIGINAL: schmism

I wouldnt splice the wire. instead just solder a new one on at the reciver and cut to the right lenght. any antena wire will work just cut it to aprox the right lenght
Oops sorry I said splice. LOL Sorry I ment solder. God I'm an idiot. I just came back from splicing some wires and I was thinking about it. Sorry [:@]