Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo 2.5 flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 11:22 PM
oz_hole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo 2.5 flywheel

well... i was only planning on cleaning my revo after a couple of tanks today...

but now i'm wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get the flywheel off. and how to get the sleeve out...

it doesn't feel like i've got much compression and thought i'd take a look at what's inside the engine.
i don't see any "deep" scoring on the sleeve. most of the wear appears to be on the lower 2/3 of the sleeve with a couple of pairs of score marks that run a little higher up the sleeve.
is this normal?
this has been a great engine during the 1.5 gallons that i've put through it, never really had to tune it and been running it in winter conditions.
thanks in advance.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:41 PM
Eat_My_Dust

Default RE: Revo 2.5 flywheel

the deeper scratches might be from small foreign objects entering the engine while cleaning filters, detaching fule lines, etc.. ive looked at my cylender, and about halfway into it, its prety worn. when i pull the flywheel off, i take off the cintrifical (i know its spelt wrong) clutch, then put some plyers or something on the wheel on the notched part, and then undo the bolt holding it on. then, get a flatheaded screwdriver and pry it off. thats what i do.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:39 AM
oz_hole

yeah, i've gotten to that pry part. guess i need a bigger screwdriver.
ok that's done now.
so now the problem is getting the piston off of the output shaft, any suggestions? sorry for the noob questions, but this is my first time, so i'm trying not to break anything.
although then i'd have the perfect excuse for the os18.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:44 AM
oz_hole

guess i shoulda asked where i could get some zip-ties
Old 03-20-2006, 11:57 AM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Slide the cylinder out first. Be careful not to scratch anything up if you are planning to reuse it. That should give you enough wiggle room to get the connecting rod off the crank and slide the piston out. I have only done this once, so I am by no means an expert. If someone has an easier way, please share. But that is the way I took it apart.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:43 PM
moorek550

thats how you do it, if you have a dowel or something wood, a skewer or something of that sort, wood stick lol, bush on the sleve from the back plate hole. just dont use anything metal to push on it
Old 03-20-2006, 09:48 PM
oz_hole

finally got the darn thing out with a sawz-all, takes a lot of finesse doing that and not scratching the sleeve.