Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T Maxx 3.3 problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 09:03 PM
Harvick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T Maxx 3.3 problems

I have about 1/2 a gallon thru a new 3.3 and i am on my 4th set of center driveshafts. The pins keep egging out. Called Traxxas and they suggested the slipper clutch was too tight, so I loosened. Same prob over and over again. Traxxas has been great sent all the replacements free of charge so far. Just have to wait 3 days each time. LHS do not carry this part yet, and new CVT metal shafts are not going to be avail for a few months.

Then part of my exhaust had melted down and a chunck of plastic fell into my pipe. I run the engine with a temp gun and it has not exceeded 240 yet. What gives with this? Aftermarket pipe not avail till May 06.

Anyone else experienced these problems?
Old 04-08-2006, 12:16 AM
Knotmaster

Default RE: T Maxx 3.3 problems

Yea my 3.3 melted its pipe also when I was on the fith tank of breakin! I was realy pissed about it. Then about 2 weeks of screwing with that dame engine constentley the conection rod snaped and thats all she wrote. I sent it back to traxxas and they said that I abused the engine ! Oh well I geting a picco .26 maxx now.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:32 PM
Harvick

Some how I don't think everyone I talked to about this has abused their engines within 10 or so tanks. Why can't traxxas just own up to its problems. Look at all the probs the 2.5 had with overheating.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:21 AM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

Thats about 3 broken rods I've heard about, and numererous melted exhaust systems........
ORIGINAL: Knotmaster

Yea my 3.3 melted its pipe also when I was on the fith tank of breakin! I was realy pissed about it. Then about 2 weeks of screwing with that dame engine constentley the conection rod snaped and thats all she wrote. I sent it back to traxxas and they said that I abused the engine ! Oh well I geting a picco .26 maxx now.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:52 AM
inkfreak74x9

The aftermarket pipes that work on a wasp or OS bigblock should work withe the stock setup. Call my boys at Action Hobby for some sugestions and prices. Talk to Allen, Jeff , or the Owner marty. I sugest Allen. He is a 10 year sponsored racer. Tell them Larry sent ya. 215-249-9750
Old 04-09-2006, 12:53 AM
em x 6 racer

Ummm why not just buy some metal cvds for a revo? Or even a t-maxx all that stuff should be interchangable I think.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:57 AM
inkfreak74x9

Sway away from the Pico motors. Everyone I have known to own one loves it at first untill they need a part, then they end up scraping the engine. If any one has a scrapped engine I will buy for parts.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:04 AM
Brokethebank

I can say with out question I have had a hard time with my new t-maxx 3.3 and the muffler melting I have replaced it 2 times now with the stock one and now its melted again and I haven't got a clue as to what else to use or how to stop it I have called traxxas and they said I am running it to rich? my fist one melted before it was even broke in and today I was reading on the forum some were and it said if the top of your piston is brown or black you have cooked it well my piston is kind of a gold color dose that mean I cooked it some how? when the muffler go's it runs around 300-310 with a good muffler it runs around 250-260 and I asked traxxas about the temp and they said as long as it getting good lubrication it doesn't matter how hot it gets I wish traxxas would just say they are having problems with it but then they have to eat a lot of parts I guess
Old 04-11-2006, 01:13 AM
silverado2000bg

im a losi guy but dang it sounds like the new 3.3 that i have read about in the magazine, has a lot of problems i havent seen anybody on here that doesn't have a complaint... just go out and buy a losi lst 2 and ur problems will be solved.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:19 AM
em x 6 racer

I don't mean this rude but he just spent 400+$ on his t-maxx. I wish i could just buy one r/c car after another. Sorry to hear about this man. Sounds like you are having serious problems. I had the some problems when i first got my 2.5 t-maxx. So I sympathise. I mean even the guy at the LHS counldn't tune mine right after he did someone elses. And again I'm not trying to be rude or offend anyone.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:21 PM
gschofield

I haven't even gotten through the first tank of break in on my new 3.3 traxxas and I have melted two pipes. Can you pull the stock plastic pipe apart without wrecking it and will that solve the problem if you remove the baffling?
Old 04-29-2006, 05:11 PM
vic2367
My Feedback: (-1)

anyone know the best way to put the ballstuds back on the a arms ?
Old 04-30-2006, 10:04 AM
jed344

woah i was thinking about putting a 3.3 im my tmaxx but now im not shure. any body know of good engine that bolts in and has crazy power?

tmaxx2.5 rpm arms rpm skid plates fastlane bulkheads fullforce bodymounts nova race pro head imax step dawg tires pro line rims
Old 04-30-2006, 11:13 AM
Timmahh
Banned

get an OS 18TM a Picco 21maxx or the Picco 26Maxx. DONT BELEIVE the hype about parts. they are availale at www.nitrohouse.com for ALL PICCO engines. now they may be oos (out of stock) for a certain item once in a while, but they should have it instock in less than a week..
Timmahh