Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

**Ofna Picco .26 Revo** **Pics** (No More Sure Fire .32!)

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

**Ofna Picco .26 Revo** **Pics** (No More Sure Fire .32!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 11:43 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **Ofna Picco .26 Revo** **Pics** (No More Sure Fire .32!)

Well... I just got my Racer's Edge Sure Fire .32 in the mail today (after an awful wait!) and I installed it in 8 hours. Now this might seem like a long time, oh and it was. I had to make a custom linkage setup (absolutly amazing and smooth throttle response), custom clutch (modified Savage 3 shoe with 18t Savage clutch bell), and I had to cut out parts of my roll cage (to fit the cooling head, etc...). I did cut off a large "leg" of it but as you can see in the center of the cage, I drilled it back on to add support . So I will begin a heat cycle break in process tommorow and hopefully be able to open it up by late tommorow or sunday. What do you think?

Old 04-15-2006, 12:33 AM
mosavage

Default RE: **Racer's Edge .32 Revo Build-Up** **Pics!**

nice, that thing is going to be fast!!
Old 04-15-2006, 01:11 AM
lax195

Thanks. Im just really hoping that the tranny holds up. I have a FOC, wide 2 speed, dual brakes, no opti-crap, and 10k oil in both diffs so Im hoping that the tranny wont blow into 48392 pieces
Old 04-15-2006, 01:34 AM
Knotmaster

I would be scared to drive that thing . Wouldent want to slam into a tree or somethin. Damn that things guna hall!!
Old 04-15-2006, 11:00 AM
gsc71

Sweet ride Lax... the only thing you may experience problems with are the drive pins for the gears in the transmission. The pins are very small and have a tendency to shear off. I'm working on a replacement set up for this problem. Let me know if this is something that you find happens often with that engine.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:01 PM
mosavage

hey lax, what happen to getting a collari .32. if i get my revo today. im ight pop my collari in there
Old 04-15-2006, 12:50 PM
lax195

ORIGINAL: mosavage

hey lax, what happen to getting a collari .32. if i get my revo today. im ight pop my collari in there
I read a lot of comparisons on the two motors and the Sure Fire .32 always came out on top. So I decided to go with it. To pop your Collari into your Revo, you are going to need to spend some money to get a big block conversion kit (I have the New Era one) and you also might want to take out the Opti Drive, put in a FOC, and put some different oil in your diffs.

I just got done with the first tank and I noticed that my fuel tank has sprung a leak! So the engine wont even start []. Hopefully I can get to the hobby shop soon and pick up a new tank. This engine is NUTS! Amazing power even at 1/4 throttle... it just wants to take off!
Old 04-15-2006, 01:19 PM
cardgabe

Nice looking truck lax! My bashing buddy bought a Tmaxx 3.3 and put the Surefire engine in it (along with an extended chassis and a TON of other upgrades). He still uses the stock transmission... which I think is the same as a revo, and he hasn't had problems with that. He did have to put hardened diff gears in his diffs, but as I understand, the revo has different diffs than a Tmaxx. Now he needs new diff cups too. LoL Anyway... it has crazy power and sounds awesome also. Good job on the fabs to make it fit.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:52 PM
Quickywd01
My Feedback: (3)

Sweet truck! That thing is setup nice. Nice roll-cage, engine, tires/wheels, and rpm stuff all will make that a nice package to haul off-road. Did you buy the roll-cage?
Old 04-15-2006, 02:06 PM
lax195

Thanks guys. Yes I bought the roll cage off of eBay and I have had to make a lot of mods to make everything fit. Im off to the hobby shop to get my new tank now! YAY!
Old 04-15-2006, 07:22 PM
lax195

I just finished day 1. I had some problems though. I seem to have a leak in the engine on the carb, possibly because of the carb's odd positioning. What kind of sealant do I use to seal the carb and the backplate? Links would be appreciated. I also broke the left rear shock rod end (jumping off of my 'ghetto' ramp ) so I need to pick up a few of those on eBay.

The engine is VERY powerful... I seem to have a leak so I probably havent seen the full power of the motor yet. My linkage setup is working flawlessly and I really suggest that others try it. If you want directions or a tutorial, pm me and I will give you one.
Old 04-15-2006, 08:02 PM
ThermalRD

Nice truck! So when do we get to see a video of it in action?
Old 04-15-2006, 08:05 PM
lax195

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

Nice truck! So when do we get to see a video of it in action?
I first have to seal the engine. Then I need to find a volunteer (very lucky person) to hold the video camera... haha
Old 04-15-2006, 09:25 PM
SkylineGTR

well, i doubt it would occur enough to notice due to the design of the sleeve but the engine being at that far an angle may get a little starved. looks good though. IDK, thats just a personal deduction, again due to proting of the sleeve for fuel to enter i doubt it will have any effect at all, just something i tohught when i saw the pics. have fun with it!
Old 04-15-2006, 10:17 PM
gsc71

What gearing are you running?
Old 04-16-2006, 01:48 AM
lax195

I am running 18/36 gearing.

The HSN is on the "uphill" side though, so I dont think the engine would be starved of any fuel...
Old 04-16-2006, 12:21 PM
TM323

I have been droolling over that engine for awhile now but I cant get my other engine to blow up (mach 28) so the wife will let me. I have seen them in the savage and seems to be very torqy but it was still break-in rich.

Please keep us updated step by step because I think you are the first to have this in a revo.

And as far as the mount I have had mine for almost 4 months and about 4.5-5 gallons and no problems like you said just got to be creative with the linkage but it holds up during bashing new era did good
Old 04-16-2006, 12:49 PM
hugh.jeego

nice. thats a sweet revo. nice engine too. **** before i saw that i was excited bout gettin a tm323 and picco 26....

damn...
Old 04-16-2006, 02:30 PM
lax195

Thanks. Yea it took me a while to think up that linkage idea but it is so much smoother and responsive than stock. I had some parts laying around so I didnt even have to buy anything to make it. I am waiting for my paycheck to clear, then I am going to be getting carb sealant, aluminum clutch shoes, Mugen 1.1 clutch springs (engine likes to idle high), and shock ends. I will hopefully have it up and running by saturday so I will give you some more info then on the engine.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:01 AM
DelimaPhobia

nice i think ill get one
how mant tanks have you had through it.

Josh
Old 04-17-2006, 08:47 AM
damon jato

man that thing is awesome
Old 04-28-2006, 05:21 PM
lax195

So I fixed my air leak earlier this week and I finally had the chance to bring out my Revo today... This engine is insane for the Revo... IT IS REDICULOUS! I have the slipper set perfectly so it doesnt wheelie when I hit the throttle, but it wheelies when I shift into second. With the 18/36 gearing, I really think I am running about 60-65mph. The hardest part is stopping a 11 pound truck going 60mph! That is a different story... I ripped apart a shock end when my back end came out when I was stopping [8D]. But I already fixed it with some spare parts I have around and the truck is good to go. I will be testing out my ghetto ramp tommorow

So anyways... If any of you are looking to get a big block in your Revo with a pullstart... IMO look no further than the Sure Fire .32 and the New Era BB kit... I will also try to make a movie tommorow too
Old 04-28-2006, 05:37 PM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

Awesome lax.....I'm running the PICCO with a 16/38 combo, and pulling the smoothest 2nd gear wheelies ever.....well up untill today....tried the pipe F150man94 suggested.....it's a keeper...but I think I'm gonna need a 16/36 combo now, or an 18/38.....still not as fast as that ride of yours.....but when you start getting into these tall gears.....the brakes are definitely marginal. The other thing I found was, "untaped" tires were nearly uncontrollable near top end.....whole new batch of handling probs once you get over 50....and if you're pushing 65....wooohooo.....that HAD to be a handful!
Have fun man!, Just be careful.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:41 PM
lax195

Ha yea I got a dual brake upgrade... If I didnt have it, I would have smashed about 8 curbs by now. Im definitely going to make a vid tommorow, I just need to find someone to hold the video camera! Haha.

Oh and my buddy has an 04 Subaru STI and just got headers for it so he also got 3 rolls of heat wrap. I was thinking about heat wraping my header and pipe... anyone else do this?
Old 04-28-2006, 06:26 PM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

I've done it on full scale engines, and you do see positive gains on a dyno.....not always as big as those promised, but I have yet to see a dyno test without, then with header wrap that did not show some improvement. What I haven't seen is header wrap on a 2 stroke. That in itself, doesn't amount to a hill of beans, but even Moto GP, when they were in the final years of running 2 strokes were only using heat sheilds(wrap in some cases) to protect other components from heat....not to accelerate the charge thru the pipe, as we do with 4 strokes. So I'd probably say, for our usages on these small 2 strokes...there wouldn't be enough benefit to be worthwhile.
OOOOPs...gettin' long winded again...sorry lax.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.