Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo 3.3 decent but nothing amazing

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 06:28 PM
MacPatton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Revo 3.3 decent but nothing amazing

Hey Tib I wasnt saying anything bad in my post which is now way up there lol. I do want to let you all know that I was over my buddies. He has 3 Savys. He busted out his X with the 24.7 in it. We bashed around and got them nice and warm. Then we lined up and drag raced a few times. He beat me off the line every time but the little Revo 3.3 that could caught him every time. Beat him by a lot when she hunched down and put her power on the ground while he wheelied accidentally sometimes.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:51 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MacPatton

Hey Tib I wasnt saying anything bad in my post which is now way up there lol. I do want to let you all know that I was over my buddies. He has 3 Savys. He busted out his X with the 24.7 in it. We bashed around and got them nice and warm. Then we lined up and drag raced a few times. He beat me off the line every time but the little Revo 3.3 that could caught him every time. Beat him by a lot when she hunched down and put her power on the ground while he wheelied accidentally sometimes.

I know LOL....I think I quoated the wrong post LOL

Well I do beleive a 3.3 could beat a 24/7 Savage on Concrete, As a LST 2 runs a motor a little more powerful then the 24/7, and the Revo 3.3 is slightly slwer to 40 mph then the LST2 but does have a few extra MPH on top.....An average 24/7 Savage will be similar or slightly slower in a drag to a LST2..

What pipe was the Savage X running by the way ?

As well I will video tape a 24/7 pro powered Savage ripping the paint off a revo 3.3 on concrete, with the proper setup a 24/7 pro Savage will have no issue with the 3.3..or at least IMO, I will let the trucks speak for themselves.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:01 PM
MacPatton

We both had stock pipes running on mix of grass and sandy dirt in his yard. Also mine is by no means on the lean side right now. A little rich on both high and low adjustments. Im babying my new baby right now. buit I did nail some pretty darn high jumps off his ramps.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:09 PM
supertib

ORIGINAL: MacPatton

We both had stock pipes running on mix of grass and sandy dirt in his yard. Also mine is by no means on the lean side right now. A little rich on both high and low adjustments. Im babying my new baby right now. buit I did nail some pretty darn high jumps off his ramps.

Well the Revo 3.3 is a dam nice truck....the 3.3 dynoed only .96 hp, but its still more then the new X4.1 that everyones raving about.... A 24.7 makes 1.28 with stock pipe but with more tourque... The Axial 32 make 1.68 and a OS 30 makes 1.8....and well the LRP is higher then the OS even.

So I am going to buy a Revo 3.3 next week, but I will be selling the 3.3 NIB and installing a LRP 28 spec 2 or 3, or XTM 457...... As if that .96 HP 3.3 moves the Revo that good imagine a 1.8 plus HP mill ??? that would be alot of fun.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:02 AM
mosavage

Im not a savage guy. My bro strpped something in his tranny after 16 tanks. I broke my pushrods or whatver theyre called. So think b4 u tak man.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:38 PM
Quickywd01
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: mosavage

I broke my pushrods or whatver theyre called. So think b4 u tak man.
And whose the moron? lol I wasn't being an ass. You're the one who said
ORIGINAL: mosavage

A savae is TOUGHER than the REVO
so why don't you think before you talk women.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:53 PM
mosavage

i dont think i was taking to u,lol
Old 05-07-2006, 07:22 AM
mmduc

well, heres my 2 cents. i have a savage x with a k4.6 & a 3 speed,everything else is stock. i have a revo 3.3.ill say that the revo really did start to come to life about the 10th tank or so,and it seems to be getting better.i have 7 r/c vehicles,and the revo was my 1st traxxas product.i wasnt that impressed with the engine thru the 1st 7 or 8 tanks,but as the engine broke in,and i started to tune it,it really started to wake up.on tank 12,i installed a trinity pipe. wow,it really woke up! yesterday i was running with a friend that has a savage 25,mostly stock,but it has a tuned pipe.i could give him anywhere from a 10 foot to a 30 foot head start,and my lil revo 3.3 would come tooling by and pass him like he was standing still.the top speed on the revo is pretty fast.the more i run it,the better the revo gets.i havnt run it next to my savage k4.6,but i plan to soon.i just orderd a lst 2,will be here on wed.so after i break it in,i will post some results of all 3 trucks.i know the savage isnt stock,but it will still be intersting to see what happens.mind you we were on pavement the entire time yesterday,in the dirt,id have to see how the 3.3 pulls.i love the savage,but after the 3.3 came to life,im having a blast with it.love the way it handles..........just my opinion.........
Old 05-07-2006, 08:02 AM
jasonx9

man i still think that a revo is way more durable than a savage X or any savage that is still stock i was running my2.5r it hit second gear and was going about 40MPH and it hit a curb that was like a jump i wrecked it did about 20 cartwheels and 5backflips and i am still driving it with all stock parts i havent broke anything besides the motor on it i broke hal the piston off[:-]
Old 05-07-2006, 09:00 AM
supertib

UPDATE..

the little 3.3 has developed and air leak....so we sealed the carb and backplate.....this motors backplate design is terrible IMO....and the internal machining is very poor...no turbo cut cranK even..

The 3.3 is very fast, but its build quality is terrible...I wont expect this motor to have a long life..

The Revo 3.3 flies, it wheelies on comand, but its still tractable and easy to drive...Top speed is also excelent, stability isn't as good as I hoped, handling is wicked. All in all its a very fun truck.

Durability is alot better then expected, yesterday we hit a tree square at about 35 mph and the truck didn't break, it was a solid hit and either the Revo is tough as nails or we fluked out and didn't break, as the colision stopped the Revo dead with a loud echoing "CRACK" ...it was nasty..

we broke a bulkhead by hitting a manhole cover, but anythin would break the way we hit it.

we were doing double backflips yesterday and we keep breaing the tuned pipe couplers, as well we broke a header...The tuned pipe location on the Revo is terrible and any time the truck drops on its tail your tuned pipe takes a beating, this is a major pain in the butt.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Ecas32
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: mmduc

i own both a revo 3.3,and a savage x with a k4.6 & a 3 speed i love both trucks,but i love the savage more.......
the savage may be a better car/engine but it not as easy to work on with that chassi set up
Old 12-04-2007, 06:25 PM
Danju

who's "we" tib?
Old 12-04-2007, 10:54 PM
beer=food
Banned

Thats one of the most flawed posts you have done yet supertib, you cant compair like that, the gearings different, the weights are different, you basicly revo v savage there, and we all know what kills what there.....
To truelly compair this motor, PUT IT IN YOUR SAVAGE.Then right a report, record times distances etc, but you have compaired two totally different ,entire trucks for a motor power post, *** dude ?And yet you havent ! LOL !
Are you on drugs mate ?
Whats the actual power output of the revo 3.3 then supertib ?
Whats the actual power output of the savage 4.6 supertib ?
Then compair stroke distance, bottom end crank weight, suss the ports, photo them for all to see, compair the carby, that makes a huge difference.Then try that report again, oi, maybe you wont get bagged, sledged or flamed if you do it non-bias....And before you say your not bias, read your topic thread starter, that is a bias view my friend, you are bias against small block engines, you should not write reports about them if you cant take a non bias view.

You have made an arse of yourself here, complaining about revo fan boys or whatever, when you have writen a report/post, thats totally unfair and bias.....what did you expect ?

l own both a 4.6 savage and the 3.3 revo, in my opinion, not based on anything but use, no gear ratio tests, no rev limit tests, just my opinion, the 3.3 murders it, hands down.There will always be a ''better'' motor just around the corner, and the 3.3 in YOUR opinion may be nothing special, in my opinion it is something special, it has that extra punch where its needed, and it has a great stroke, what about that stroke on the savage 4.6 dude ?
Do you really know the differences, should you be writing lousy reports like this one ?

l dont mean to offend you personally, l find your report flawed, incorrect, and lop sided, with a huge lack of any type of anything to show your serious and correct, and it sounds like a vented opinion, trying to get revo fan boys pissed off ?
Truthfully was it ?
Can l ask you why you even bothered to write such a report, and have you ever done an engine review for an RC magazine ?
Go read some, there pretty different to the style of writing you have used ... alot less bias so to speak ...

You could have effectively, compaired my 1.1 cc kyosho, to the 3.3, same shizer different day, yes ?
But how realistic is it to compair big block to small, ppfftt, see now l need a beer, good on ya...
Old 12-05-2007, 05:33 AM
RCCanuck

I traded a Savage for a Tmaxx.....the Savage was slow and ungainly in stock form....not too mention a pain in the keister to work on....
Old 12-05-2007, 09:58 AM
sprocket226

LOL
Pretty sure Tib's not even into Revo's anymore, he's into truggy's now.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Th3pwn3r

I still don't understand the real point of this thread. Was it to bash Traxxas and their 3.3 or to bash the Revo in general? Comparing Traxxas' 3.3 to big block engines makes no sense period. If Traxxas wanted a big block engine in their trucks it would be there. Do you really think ungodly amounts of power and insane speeds is a good idea for an RTR? Well for your information it's not. Sure, top speed numbers are impressive to R/C noobs and that's why they make the 4Tec and Jato 3.3(Also the Velineon setups) but good luck getting those cars to those speeds. Anyway...LOTS of guys run 3.3 engines on the track and they're perfectly suited. I love how you complain about lack of bottom end in comparison to a big block but that's pretty stupid because you said you were pulling wheelies with the 3.3 engine so that's already too much bottom end, what do you plan on doing with your Revo 3.3 that is already doing wheelies but yet needs more torque? It makes no sense, how can you use that extra torque if you're already flipping the truck on it's lid? Wheelie bar I guess... On the track people already have trouble keeping traction when running the 3.3 engine and switching to a heavier big block with more torque and more fuel consumption wouldn't make more sense to me. My 3.3 does an insane job of keeping up with the 8th scale buggies and they're running expensive big blocks in them too...of course they eat me in the jumps and turns but why do I need more power? I don't. So...like someone previously said take the 3.3 engine out of your Revo and install it in your Savage and vice-versa and then give us a review. I'm looking forward to it.

Oh and as both a Savage and Revo 3.3 owner and driver...Revo kills the Savage in speed,acceleration and handling when tuned properly and the Savage can bash and jump like no other
Old 12-05-2007, 11:47 AM
dave30250

HI MMDUC, you have both the truck i want to get, i plan to buy my first nitro monster truck and i really search for the maximum torque and responsiveness from the truck, don t care about /8 or 1/10 i just want to get the strongest and quickest truck between the revo 3.3 and the savage x 4.6 rtr ! PLEASE I NEED HELP TO CHOOSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2007, 04:59 PM
snoking16

wow...after reading all of this i have to say something here....first off, supertib, what was your goal in providing your revo 3.3 review? we already know very well how these are many of us have the 3.3's. second off, if you really wanted to get a more biased feedback you should have posted this in the main MT forum. thirdly, if we are comparing modded trucks my revo with a Rb 523 in it will tear a savage with the axial .32 up. fastest monster truck i have ever seen is a revo with a 523 in it hiting 73 MPH in a 150 ft drag race. thats pretty incredible. i would love to see a savage do that. and you guys that are getting all pissed off and using foul language just consider the source.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:09 PM
beer=food
Banned

Its a rubbish report based on nothing at all, supertib is just revo bashing, lm sure l posted in here before, maybe it was deleted because l swore or something, not sure, but you supertib, should not be doing engine reports based on nothing.
Whats the power output of a 3.3 ?
Supertib, whats the power output from a 4.6 savage ?
Whats the actual power difference ?
Whats the stroke difference in points of a millimetre ?
Whats the difference in the crank ?
Whats the difference with the porting and its configuration ?

Supertib, you are bias, you said it yourself, you cant compair big block power to small block, its nutz.

l would wager you were in a crappy mood the day you posted that rubbish engine report and bagged a 3.3 , by the power of grey scull big blocks, a 3.3 will never be a big block, ! hahaha...
Havin a bad hair day or something, yes ?

l have a kyosho 1.1 and a 2.1 on road racing car, you wanna do an engine comparison on them, LOL , sry, my bad, classic but.Yea l suckzors, l be your royal pain in the butt l didnt do it !

Cant advertise booze, cant advertise booze, cant advertise booze, LOL thats bad !
Just read why my other post was deleted ! ooooops !
Old 12-05-2007, 10:12 PM
NitroVenom

I still don't understand the real point of this thread. Was it to bash Traxxas and their 3.3 or to bash the Revo in general? Comparing Traxxas' 3.3 to big block engines makes no sense period. If Traxxas wanted a big block engine in their trucks it would be there. Do you really think ungodly amounts of power and insane speeds is a good idea for an RTR? Well for your information it's not. Sure, top speed numbers are impressive to R/C noobs and that's why they make the 4Tec and Jato 3.3(Also the Velineon setups) but good luck getting those cars to those speeds. Anyway...LOTS of guys run 3.3 engines on the track and they're perfectly suited. I love how you complain about lack of bottom end in comparison to a big block but that's pretty stupid because you said you were pulling wheelies with the 3.3 engine so that's already too much bottom end, what do you plan on doing with your Revo 3.3 that is already doing wheelies but yet needs more torque? It makes no sense, how can you use that extra torque if you're already flipping the truck on it's lid? Wheelie bar I guess... On the track people already have trouble keeping traction when running the 3.3 engine and switching to a heavier big block with more torque and more fuel consumption wouldn't make more sense to me. My 3.3 does an insane job of keeping up with the 8th scale buggies and they're running expensive big blocks in them too...of course they eat me in the jumps and turns but why do I need more power? I don't. So...like someone previously said take the 3.3 engine out of your Revo and install it in your Savage and vice-versa and then give us a review. I'm looking forward to it.

Oh and as both a Savage and Revo 3.3 owner and driver...Revo kills the Savage in speed,acceleration and handling when tuned properly and the Savage can bash and jump like no other
I know I'm not Tib or anything but from what I have read, you seemed to miss the point on what was being said. They weren't talking about the revo needing more torque, they were talking about going from driving modded BB's to a stock small block which was a huge diffrence and could only really satisfy the driver, who is used to such power, with another BB. And the statement about actually wanting more torque even tho it can already flip on its lid, is because it the wheelies were accomplished on concrete. Once the 3.3 tried to race with bigger motors on rough terrain, it didn't show the same level of performance as it did when it was on the street. Also, with such tall gearing out of the box and rough terrains, its no wonder why Tib has the hurge for more torque on rough terrain b/c the tall gearing just makes the motor bog once it hits secound. In comparison the 3.3 off-road performance with such high gearing is much less then its on-road performance you were referring to.

Edit: From my point of view the 18tz has done wonders for me and my revo 2.5 isn't far behind my bro's 8T in a drag. At some points I would catch up to him in secound. Putting in perspective that the 8T weighs slightly less the my revo(when I ran beadlocks), and the fact that my truck is far from stock, I could keep up with a respectable BB in a truck that weighed less. SO I recomend the 18tz if you plan on staying small block Tib.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:52 AM
Th3pwn3r

ORIGINAL: NitroVenom

I know I'm not Tib or anything but from what I have read, you seemed to miss the point on what was being said. They weren't talking about the revo needing more torque, they were talking about going from driving modded BB's to a stock small block which was a huge diffrence and could only really satisfy the driver, who is used to such power, with another BB. And the statement about actually wanting more torque even tho it can already flip on its lid, is because it the wheelies were accomplished on concrete. Once the 3.3 tried to race with bigger motors on rough terrain, it didn't show the same level of performance as it did when it was on the street. Also, with such tall gearing out of the box and rough terrains, its no wonder why Tib has the hurge for more torque on rough terrain b/c the tall gearing just makes the motor bog once it hits secound. In comparison the 3.3 off-road performance with such high gearing is much less then its on-road performance you were referring to.

Edit: From my point of view the 18tz has done wonders for me and my revo 2.5 isn't far behind my bro's 8T in a drag. At some points I would catch up to him in secound. Putting in perspective that the 8T weighs slightly less the my revo(when I ran beadlocks), and the fact that my truck is far from stock, I could keep up with a respectable BB in a truck that weighed less. SO I recomend the 18tz if you plan on staying small block Tib.

Perhaps you missed the point. Maybe I missed the point. I don't even think you read this whole thread. If you did you could clearly and easily understand what I was getting at but either you didn't read the whole thread or you have a lack of reading comprehension. Anyhow, Supertib's attempt at bashing the Revo has failed. I love how he says he wasn't trying to bash it but uses unfair comparisons.

"And the statement about actually wanting more torque even tho it can already flip on its lid, is because it the wheelies were accomplished on concrete. Once the 3.3 tried to race with bigger motors on rough terrain, it didn't show the same level of performance as it did when it was on the street. "

Oh so it was flipping on it's lid on the concrete and on the track it was spinning it's wheels, that's a huge difference in performance right? It's hard to keep traction on a track using any tire with the 3.3's bottom end so how would switching to a BB help anyone there? If you can keep traction and keep your wheels on the ground the bottom end would be helpful.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:57 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: Ecas32

ORIGINAL: mmduc

i own both a revo 3.3,and a savage x with a k4.6 & a 3 speed i love both trucks,but i love the savage more.......
the savage may be a better car/engine but it not as easy to work on with that chassi set up

Man o Man...you are bringing up a 20 month old thread ..!!!! did any of you evenhave a Revo 3.3 20 months ago ?

please read my post..i am praising the stupid 3.3 more then i am critisizing it.......and to be honest the motor sucks badly... .93 HP from a 3.3 is totally pathetic IMO..a good .12 makes 1.2 HP

Look back into the archives around the date i made the original post.... people were spewing all kinds of garbage about how a 3.3 would destroy any big block Savage.... I bought 2 NIB 3.3's and gave it an honest evaluation... I praised what deserved to be praised and critisized what needed to be criticized......This thread in its day was well in context
As for the tourque of the 3.3 !!!! OMG do you really beleive the 3.3 has tourque ??? big deal it
wheelies a Revo.. a MT like a Revo is extremely easy to wheely, that means absolutely nothing.. Wheely a Truggy then we'll talk about big power..

Anyways in todays market a Revo is a waste of money, a Truggy is a much better maching, and a much wiser investment.... The only thing a Revo can do better then a Truggy is fall apart and depreciate !!!
Old 12-06-2007, 10:26 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: snoking16

wow...after reading all of this i have to say something here....first off, supertib, what was your goal in providing your revo 3.3 review? we already know very well how these are many of us have the 3.3's. second off, if you really wanted to get a more biased feedback you should have posted this in the main MT forum. thirdly, if we are comparing modded trucks my revo with a Rb 523 in it will tear a savage with the axial .32 up. fastest monster truck i have ever seen is a revo with a 523 in it hiting 73 MPH in a 150 ft drag race. thats pretty incredible. i would love to see a savage do that. and you guys that are getting all pissed off and using foul language just consider the source.

You silly Muffer !

This thread is 20 months old, at the time nobody had 3.3's... I bought a revo 3.3 from the very first shipments of 3.3's to hit Canada..I was testing the first 3.3 in my province...... At the time of this thread there wasn't much real info about the 3.3 Revo, just a bunch of hype and false claims..... I was one of the first to actually test and review this truck, so we compared it directly against the Savage's my buddies were running at the time............. If you rejects actualy read my post you'd see I am praising the Revo more then knocking it.... Anyways today Revo's are junk, better to have a Truggy

Also a Revo 523 hitting 73 MPH in 150 feet LOL........ Yeah sure buddy !!!!!! your not exagerating one bit now are you ???? The truth is your 523 would be lucky to hit 45 MPH in real world MPH
Old 12-06-2007, 10:33 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: NitroVenom

dude if you think a 18 TZ Revo can hang with a properly powered 8T your on crack...seriously on major crack.... my god a 2.5 makes .65 HP on the X-dyno...most good race mills make 1.5-2 HP... the 8T is lighter, with a lighter more efficient drive train..... The 18TZ Revo has no hope in hell if the 8T has any sort of decent motor..... Sorry to say, but your way overestimating the Revo 2.5 in a major way......... Truggies are flat out ballistic...a Revo 2.5 is a 30 MPH RTR MT.

I have good spelling skills..I just have terrible typing skills...and I always am in a mad rush..... So i end up making lots of errors..I try to sometimes edit mistakes when I take time to proof read my stuff....But i do agree my grammar online has alot to be desired...

I find it a little frustrating to be honest... I mean honestly my review of the Revo 3.3 is actually a good reveiw.. i praised the machine mush more then I criticized it..... You have to understand at the the time of this post a 3.3 engine was still very new and very few people actually had them....leading up to the release of the 3.3 there was alot of hype created and alot of big bold claims making the 3,3 out to be the most powerful offroad engine ever conceived.......... I honestly thought is was fast for an RTR, but not ont he level of some of the upgrade motors..... Other then saying I felt the Revo 3.3 was weak down low I didnt say anything bad about it.................. But I come here and find this thread targeting me, when half the people criticizing me haven't even bother to read my post, or even investigate when the post was made.

I mean seriously read my original post...
Old 12-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Th3pwn3r

There's no point in arguing with you though as you seem to know everything and are the end all be all guru of R/C vehicles. Let's let this thread die guys. I'm not posting in it anymore. What kind of Truggy are you running by the way? I watched my buddies Losi 8 fall apart last week. I didn't know mega shocks could break so easily

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.