Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Girlfriend's First Day Driving Her RC Car

Old 05-02-2006, 08:11 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Girlfriend's First Day Driving Her RC Car

That would make it easier. A lot of digital radios have that option. Im using an MX-3, which is a GREAT radio, but it doesnt have all those shnazzy features like a 3PK or something of that sort
Old 05-02-2006, 09:17 PM
TRAXXASS

What if you setup the throttle linkages so that it will not go to WOT? kind of like a throttle stop screw on an atv except here you can squeeze the trigger all the way and it will only go to a 1/4 or 1/2 throttle, and when she learns to control it a little better make it go faster by re-adjusting. Just a thought [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 05-02-2006, 09:21 PM
lax195

Yea thats a good idea. But my girlfriend is picking up pretty quickly. Next time we run it, Im going to set up an obstical course for her in the street
Old 05-03-2006, 01:47 AM
dj2_7

I have a cen mt2 that I'm teaching my 5 yr old son to drive. I have a futaba radio that I just adjusted the endpoint on, to keep it somewhat slow. I've been slowly increasing it as he gets better. I would say it definately helps to have a digital radio that you can do that on for a child, but an adult shouldn't really need it much. It has multiple model memory so I have one saved for that and one saved for me.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:04 PM
lax195

ORIGINAL: dj2_7

I have a cen mt2 that I'm teaching my 5 yr old son to drive. I have a futaba radio that I just adjusted the endpoint on, to keep it somewhat slow. I've been slowly increasing it as he gets better. I would say it definately helps to have a digital radio that you can do that on for a child, but an adult shouldn't really need it much. It has multiple model memory so I have one saved for that and one saved for me.
Ah! It just hit me that I have that function on my MX-3. I just got a brand new MX-3 off of eBay for 60 bucks (the CEN Nemesis uses the MX-3 so they are going really cheap on eBay) so that is going to my girlfriend . I will just tone down the endpoint on the throttle servo.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:37 PM
RCKid1992

Yup that adjust ment is very handy. My bug didnt break much... up 10% and voala.