Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Traxxas Instructional Video... Uhh?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 09:26 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas Instructional Video... Uhh?

So I had some time on my hands tonight, so I decided to pop in the Traxxas instructional video that came with my girlfriend's Revo. So im watching the video, looks pretty legit... then the Traxxas side of the narrator comes out [X(][X(] So here are some quotes from the video that I found quite hilarious and would not come from any other persons mouth, other than one who worked for Traxxas:

"Do not attempt to modify or replace the 2.5R engine in your Traxxas vehicle"

"Always replace your glow plugs with traxxas glow plugs, they are the best"

"Use traxxas top fuel, it is the best on the market and other fuels will cause your engine's life to decrease along with power"

"The 2.5R engine is the best in its class" (my favorite )

Now note that I am not that much of a freak to memorize these lines word for word. But they are very close! I have nothing against Traxxas (I love my Revo), I just dont like how they attempt to sell their other products on their instructional video. If I were to post this thread on the Traxxas forums... how long would it take for me to get banned?... 10 seconds? 20 seconds?
Old 05-06-2006, 09:30 PM
Quickywd01
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Traxxas Instructional Video... Uhh?

Traxxas forum sucks.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:43 PM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, the DVD was pretty cheesy. I did like their manual a lot, but the DVD was definitely aimed at the total newb.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:10 PM
Quickywd01

Good for newbs. Like me when it was my first nitro. Even if you know a lot of info about nitro you still have a lot to learn about running the truck. Tunning isn't too hard unless you run into air leaks. lol
Old 05-07-2006, 10:34 AM
MacPatton

Well if you had something to sell and were shipping a DvD with your product you would say yours is the best also right? You wouldnt say thanks for buying my product make sure to use my competitors fuel and replace your engine with competitors cause theirs is better.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:07 PM
Brokethebank

The part you posted about the fuel well my 3.3 wont run right on anything other then traxxas fuel. This seem to be the normal for the 3.3. Besides how can you be surprised just watch a little TV or turn on your radio. almost every commercial you see is a lie to get your money
Old 05-07-2006, 02:07 PM
smokndodge

MacPatton ------- HERE HERE!!!
Old 05-07-2006, 02:52 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Brokethebank

The part you posted about the fuel well my 3.3 wont run right on anything other then traxxas fuel. This seem to be the normal for the 3.3. Besides how can you be surprised just watch a little TV or turn on your radio. almost every commercial you see is a lie to get your money
I use White Lightning 30% on my girlfriends 2.5R and it runs perfectly...

But the people that are watching the video are newbies and are totally unexposed to the world of RC. By selling them on Traxxas propaganda it is brainwashing them! ... But really...
Old 05-07-2006, 02:56 PM
Quickywd01

As a first timer to nitro r/c I think the dvd was VERY helpful. It could have went further and should have but it wasn't that bad and definitely better than nothing. The first three quarts I ever bought were top fuel 20% and then switched to the other fuel and have been running that ever since. It works great and it's cheaper.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:01 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Since Traxxas is a "for-profit" company, they are trying to MAKE MONEY.. (imagine that...) Traxxas sells to a variety of customers... some who are new and have no CLUE what they're doing... some who have been in the hobby for a while and know what they're doing... and some that THINK they know what they're doing. They recommend using Traxxas products because they KNOW they will work with their trucks. Some people that are working on these trucks shouldn't be. ALL manufacturers do that.... if you look at a bottle of hair conditioner, I can almost GUARANTEE you it will say, "For best results shampoo with *manufacturer's name* brand shampoo before applying conditioner."
Old 05-07-2006, 07:16 PM
infernalstone

ORIGINAL: lax195

"The 2.5R engine is the best in its class" (my favorite )
Well, that engine is in a class all by itself....

But the break in bit helped a lot, as far as an inexperienced nitro person. Reading the proceedure is all right, but being able to see and hear what the heck they're trying to tell me is invaluable.