Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

integy piggybacks for racing (revo 2.5r)

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 06:21 AM
donbeatya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default integy piggybacks for racing (revo 2.5r)

ya huy ? would integy piggybacks be a good choice for racing heres what happened i have a set filled with 35wt and want to race with them next weekend i also have traxxas gtr's but i cant figure out what screws hold the shock mounts in place i think i lost them i cant really buy a new set of mounts because im in germany and im only here for 2 weeks on r&r from ramadi, iraq so thinkin of just tryin the piggybacks. so how would they work? if so could anyone post pics of the gtr shock mounts and what screws i need for them. if not just need to know how the piggybacks will work thanks
Old 05-20-2006, 07:26 AM
donbeatya

Default RE: integy piggybacks for racing (revo 2.5r)

hey guys come-on any helpfull advise would be gladly appreciated. kliff i know ur on here mister knowledge himself
Old 05-20-2006, 07:54 AM
Trick440

You can't just go get the long screws for the shock mounts?
Old 05-20-2006, 07:59 AM
donbeatya

ya i have the screws but forgot how they go on that why i need a pic i cant figure out how theryre secured
Old 05-20-2006, 08:17 AM
Trick440

This should be all the pics you need.

http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitr...revo_views.htm
Old 05-20-2006, 08:30 AM
donbeatya

ya but when i put the screws in they dont secure to any thang thats why i need a real pic something to go off of ya know
Old 05-20-2006, 10:53 AM
Timmahh
Banned

the screw holes may be stripped, if they are, go to a hardware store and pick up some 3mm or 4mm bolts long enough to go thru the whole unit and nut the back of it..
sorry im not more help. as far as oil, you ll rolly wnt about 70wt oil in the back and 30 in the front, i use 90wt in my integy all around, but im a basher... and my maxx is all aluminum.. so is heavier than the norm.
Timmahh
Old 05-20-2006, 01:33 PM
donbeatya

ok thanks timmah. when i put the screws in from the bottom i use the 3x10bc(button cap) screws to secure the actual mount to the chassis, then i use the 3x32c(cap) screws to hold the actuall shock in the mount but what does the end of the 3x32c (cap) screw secure to. that is my question can some-one please post an up close pic of theyre mount so that i can kinda see it that will refreshen my memory and ill go from there thanks for all the help guys someone please post a pic! also has anyone ever used the piggys for racing and if so what wt. oil would u recomend no disrespect timmah but just wanna se what others are using also
Old 05-22-2006, 06:23 PM
bigroundrocks

ORIGINAL: Timmahh

the screw holes may be stripped, if they are, go to a hardware store and pick up some 3mm or 4mm bolts long enough to go thru the whole unit and nut the back of it..
sorry im not more help. as far as oil, you ll rolly wnt about 70wt oil in the back and 30 in the front, i use 90wt in my integy all around, but im a basher... and my maxx is all aluminum.. so is heavier than the norm.
Timmahh
Is this on your maxx or do you have them on a revo cause im a basher and i always blow them out.
I'll run the truck about 10 min and blow a shock o ring. I think there awsome when they work but I took them off went back to stock. I'm probably going to sell them and get a set of GTR's. I use 80wt Aand had to lower the ride height cause the suspension was stiff it would roll over really easy. but any way i wanted to know if you blow yours out to. I've rebuilt them like the directions said like 4 times now. I dont get it.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:56 PM
Timmahh
Banned

on my maxx, dont have a Revo YET!,,, other than 2 bent shafts, my integys have help up pretty good, now mind you im not jumping houses or off schools. but do get the occasional 8 foot of air and 20 feet of distance. so they take some good punishment.. in my experience atleast....
Timmahh
Old 05-23-2006, 01:50 AM
tadecker

Those long screws of mine don't bite anymore and i don't have a problem racing with my revo. The originally thread into the front/rear bulkhead. If they don't thread in put some shoe goo/silicone on the heads to hold them in and you will be fine till you can get some parts.
ORIGINAL: donbeatya

ok thanks timmah. when i put the screws in from the bottom i use the 3x10bc(button cap) screws to secure the actual mount to the chassis, then i use the 3x32c(cap) screws to hold the actuall shock in the mount but what does the end of the 3x32c (cap) screw secure to. that is my question can some-one please post an up close pic of theyre mount so that i can kinda see it that will refreshen my memory and ill go from there thanks for all the help guys someone please post a pic! also has anyone ever used the piggys for racing and if so what wt. oil would u recomend no disrespect timmah but just wanna se what others are using also