Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

2.5 starting problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 09:45 AM
dirt101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5 starting problems

I bought a revo 2.5 yesterday as my first nitro monstertruck and am having trouble starting it. it started once and ran for a bout 10 seconds and then shut off and wouldnt start again. I took the glow plug out turned it upside down and hit the starter to drain it like the video said but still everytime I try to start it the motor light on the starter doesnt lite up and it just sits there. any help is appreciated.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:22 AM
Mr. Mugen

Default RE: 2.5 starting problems

is the battery in the wand dead?
Old 06-02-2006, 01:12 PM
Porsche968

Here are some things to try.

1. Make sure the battery in the easy start is fully charged
2. When I got my Revo the HSN was set way to rich. Try reseting it to the factory defaults. They are in the manual it's something like 3 or 4 turns out. You may have to lean the HSN a little, no more then 1/4 turn.
3. Try heating up the engine with a heat gun or a hair dryer. Sometimes these new engines are very tight and can be hard to start if they aren't already warmed up some.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:27 PM
dirt101

thanks guys but i took it to my lhs which is really kind of privately owned and he got it running for me for free. it was to rich and had gotten stuck at the top of the sleeve. on my fifth tank. yay I really like it, besides the lowend isnt what i was expexting mabye its just needs run more and then tuned. top end is good. now how do I correct the massive rearend squat or do I just deal with it.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:26 PM
T-MAXX1234
Banned

stiffer springs or more preload