Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

Want a parking lot rock star Revo. Need advise

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Want a parking lot rock star Revo. Need advise

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 10:59 AM
bennyblanco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Want a parking lot rock star Revo. Need advise

jatos goes 54mph out of the box!!! you cant fit a collari.30 on a jato that's nonsense show us some pictures go to your lhs and start snapping.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:13 AM
Miami RC

We have broken in plenty of 3.3 JATO's at our shop and they have all been very close to the 65mph once we tune them....The REVO 3.3's have ran consistently 44-45mph with the same procedure...

If you cannot get your car to run very close to the claimed mph, then you are doing something wrong......alot of people out there think they know how to tune, but you would be surprised. If you have doubts about tuning, get a instructional DVD, beleive it or not that is a good way to learn the basics if you are new to this type of car.

Now, as for making your revo fly, there is fast vs quick....which do you want to be ? Fast means the car will run really well on the top....quick means it will leave out of the hole like a raped ape...wanna be quick ? then plan on running a .28, make sure to get it modded and make sure you tell the modifier your intentions, because there are different levels of modding for different applications...now, if you want to be fast only, then get a nice .21 on road, mod it accordingly, lighten the truck, reduce the rotating mass and gear it correctly...you will then be fast...but probably not too quick...

There are alot of variables with regards to engine, gearing, weight, tires, rotating mass, exhaust..etc.etc...you will probably go through a few different combos before you nail it....but I can tell you one thing, it can and will get expensive, so if your budget has limitations...then you may want to consider sticking a modded 3.3 in there, slap on the high rpm resonator and some road rages ....and I can tell you from experience, you will be happy....I mean, it wont hit 60, but it will be fun to drive....

Good luck and post some pics or vids when you get er going.....
Old 09-25-2006, 04:35 PM
3WideRacing

On pavement, I would run p3 rockers. p3's are made for hard surface running and try mid range stiffness springs, since you wanna run big block. Gonna need thicker shock oil too. set your height, pre-load, cambers, and let er rip. A search for suspension in here will probably get you started.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:08 PM
ScRacing

Get a novarossie 528, it can accept roto start, and you guys have it backwars, you want a smaller tire to go fast, you want a tall tier to maintain speeds, and the added weight and resistents of the road raige make it worthless. I got my frind garry, a sheriff, he put his radio on my revo, and i just had it slammed real low and with my little sirio 23, 38 tooth spure and a 18 tooth ofna cluthc bell, i ran like 39, 45, 44, and then for some reason i couldn't keep getting it abouv 42? Like i ran 42 for ever so i changed tires nad set up and bashed till i ripped a the side wall on my bowtie. i think 50 is a reasinable goal.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:59 PM
rcguy1976

I had to comment on "MIAMI RC"
All these (kids prolly) have no idea how to tune a nitro car
correctly, saying that the jato 3.3 does not go anywhere near 65 mph
that's just funny. I totally agree with you "miami" Ive been in the raceing/just rc deal
for years now lol I think all them neg.. comments about the jato were because mommy and daddy
wouldn't buy them one lol.. good racing...
Old 01-23-2008, 03:46 PM
crazy 8t
My Feedback: (3)

hay if kawasakirider wants it to be prooven to him that a stock jato can hit 65 hay dude go on google videos or youtube and type in jato 3.3 im shore some one has is tested stock with a radar gun
Old 01-23-2008, 05:46 PM
INTEGRA

DUDE>...rcguy1976 this thread is like a year old...what on gods green earth made u decide to resurect this thread from the Dead....
Old 01-23-2008, 05:56 PM
Skimore69

lol you kids are wrong i had a policeman radar my revo 3.3 which had few upgrades at the time top out at 48 mph that was about a 100 yard wind up also
Old 01-23-2008, 06:41 PM
easyrabbit

ORIGINAL: Skimore69

lol you kids are wrong i had a policeman radar my revo 3.3 which had few upgrades at the time top out at 48 mph that was about a 100 yard wind up also
Then there was something very wrong there...
Old 01-28-2008, 07:00 PM
IanRose

i think this is all [:'(] krap! tuning for acceloration is way more funn and more usefull awhen it comes to jumping.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:32 PM
snoking16

A revo with a RB 523 hit 73 MPH....there is a video on youtube somewhere and its in a bunch of posts already here on RCU. i think another MT hit 81MPH. cant remember what it was though.